since we are in the offseason :-(
make a roster for next seasons squad. classify it as realistic, semi-realistic, or fantasy. please dont flame anyone.... this is just for ghits and shiggles
realistic (but optimistic)
CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
Zach Parise ($6.700m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.200m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Drew Miller ($0.838m) / Darren Helm ($1.800m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ryan Suter ($7.000m)
Ian White ($2.875m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Barret Jackman ($3.500m) / Kyle Quincey ($2.400m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) /
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Josh Harding ($0.800m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,258,712; BONUSES: $37,500
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $41,288
lines could be tweaked i didn't set them (i would have put helm above abby etc.)
even with the cap staying put this roster can work.
how it all happened.
1A. re-sign helm and abby
1B. lidstrom and holmstrom retire after great careers
2. wings nab suter for 7.0 mil. this contract is probably a little inflated but in this market and with the demand he will bring about it seems pretty fair. could always have the contract have different cap hits per year... but i think 7 mill for year 1 is somewhat fair for both sides given the circumstances.
3. parise follows suit for 6.7. he too may not be worth a contract on par with pavels... but in reality he could fetch a lot more on the open market. tells him "your worth pavel like money" and also "we dont pay any forward more then we pay pav". from his perspective... he should be somewhat flattered seeing as though the wings dont throw money like that around to just anybody and that his cap hit is the same amount as one of the biggest forces in the game. i like it for both sides once again, given the circumstances.
4. let hudler, stuart, kindl all walk. (kindl waived)
5. sign jackman at 3.5 if hes willing (may be able to sugarcoat it a little bit with a cap increase)... replaces stuart, makes our team tougher, solidifies the backend.
6. re-sign quincey to 1 year, 2.4 contract. take or leave it. feel like we will re-sign him since he did cost us a 1st rounder. i understand this is a decent amount less then he made prior... but at this point he needs to prove his worth if he wants to stay here. i must say i think he is a better player then he showed in the red and white last year.
7. sign harding to a 1-2 year deal around a mill
note. i had to waive eaves to make this happen... main reason was his contract secondly his injury history. if healthy and with a cap increase he could replace emmerton on the 4th.
DangleDangleBeachMember Since 05 Oct 2009
Offline Last Active May 09 2013 10:12 PM
- Group Member
- Active Posts 144
- Profile Views 1,860
- Member Title BIG PAV DANGLE HARD
- Age 25 years old
- Birthday April 13, 1988
playing hockey, discussing hockey, watching hockey, listening to hockey, coaching hockey.... pretty much anything hockey.
i like women, AMERICAN cars, nutrition, chemistry, football and baseball too.