• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HenrikRules40

2/21 GDT: vs. Chicago Blackhawks, 7:30pm

Rate this topic

Yeah, what a way to get your 100th. He had everybody thinking he was going far side, forehand, and bang! Five-hole. I feel as though I've seen Pavel undress Khabibulin on a breakaway, like, three or four times.

Offense played well, generated a lot of chances (it was goalpost city out there for a while), defense got caught a little flat footed but Dom was spectacular.

Number one in the conference? Ho hum.

I liked how Dats changed his move up... Didnt he use that same move on Khabi before, but went top shelf? I seem to remember seeing him doing it to a Chicago goalie in a tribute video, so maybe he put it 5-hole thinking Khabi would anticipate top shelf...... Sweet goal, anyways. I'd love to see Datsyuk do a shootout relay and see how many different moves he can do...

LOL, take a look at the Hawks fans on their boards -

"PLease god get rid of Acoin, I cant take this idiot anymore"

"I think i would give up a 1st rounder to get rid of Aucoin and his contract"

"Damn, we have our selfs a GREAT captain!"

"It is time for Savvy to bench that slug Aucoin for the rest of the season. He is not fit to play in the NHL"

"Aucoin is a disgrace to the jersey!"

"#33 is an absolute disgrace. i can't think of any other team that would be willing to give us even a half used roll of tape for this slug"

I wouldn't wanna be Aucoin right now, wow.

this game made me so happy!! I am going to miss Friday and Saturday's games, gotta go out of town all weekend. But I will have this one to think about.... I don't know which player to gush over most in this one. :wub:

Lack of Lilja was a plus, I think... :sly:

NHL.com stars of the game

1. Dats - for #100

2. Dom - for obvious reasons :clap:

3. Zata - unselfish, as always.... he almost seemed apologetic about the empty netter. :blush:

Zettzilla couldn't do anything about that last great feed he got. He had to go with it. :D

This night's game raises Z to sixteenth on the NHL points list, I think. What a (now-with-teeth!) little monster!

after this game how can anyone even think of trading dats, he's part of the best line, multiple game point streak, amazing with the puck, creates plays. I hope this game shut them ppl up

NHL.com stars of the game

1. Dats - for #100

2. Dom - for obvious reasons :clap:

3. Zata - unselfish, as always.... he almost seemed apologetic about the empty netter. :blush:

I noticed that too. Very classy.

Tonight showed why I like Hasek so much as a goalie, gives up a softie and he plays his butt off to make up for it. Plus he's gotta be the luckiest goalie ever, always on his back and players shoot it right into him.

Tonight showed why I like Hasek so much as a goalie, gives up a softie and he plays his butt off to make up for it.

You think so? First one, seemed like a broken play, puck deflected off a stick right to Keith, who just kinda threw it at the net and Vrbata was there to knock it in on the far side. And then the next one took a crazy bounce off Schneids and in.

I just checked the stats and Lidstrom was plus 4 tonight. Impressive: Especially since he was up against Havlat all night.

Edited by Airborn

You think so? First one, seemed like a broken play, puck deflected off a stick right to Keith, who just kinda threw it at the net and Vrbata was there to knock it in on the far side. And then the next one took a crazy bounce off Schneids and in.

Maybe soft wasn't the best word but he obviously thought he should have had that first one and was mad he didn't.

Wings were showcasing Hoodler for trade bait. :thumbup:

*Hudler

Anyways, Kudos to Hasek for yet another great game. Caught some of the saves he made on the DSR, and they were excellent. Great job Hasek!

Also congrats to Datsyuk on his 100th. :)

***HOODLER (it was misspelled on his jersey... get it right)

Hahaha- cute. 'xcept you've called him Hudler once in the past, but recently it's all been "Hoodler".

Still, entertaining.

I'm happy Dats managed to pull two points out of this game, but sad he hasn't broken 30 goal yet :( I really, really, really hope he manages to break 35 goals this season. I know he's a playmaker, but he deserves more goals 'cause they're soooo damn pretty when he make them :P

Just got back from the game!!! :D

All I gotta say is hell yeaaaaaah!

Yeah I know the Blackhawks ain't much but they played the Wings tough for the most part. What a friggin goal by Dats! That is was totally shifted the rest of the game! And can Hank be any more amazing? Seriously. 5 goals in the last 2 games and god knows how many in the last 10 or 12. AMAZING.

Draper's line played great tonight, and Lang, Huds, and Cleary all had really good games. Great game by Dom as well.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got back from the game!!! :D

All I gotta say is hell yeaaaaaah!

Glad you enjoyed it tonight HC! Nothing better than going to a game and getting what you want. I ought pick up some tickets soon myself :)

And now that we've got one back from the Joe.... where's HR? Hurry up, get your butt back home

Entertaining game and an ugly win all rolled into one. I don't care much about style points though, you get the W's however you can.

Unusually sloppy on defense, but I'm not too worried about that as long as it doesn't carry over the next few games.

Hasek made some pretty insane saves.

More offensive support is needed for the top line. Good to see Draper get one and the 4th line have some pretty solid chances, but this cannot be just a 1-game occurance. Lang-Williams-Cleary needs to get something, anything generated, they've just been on neutral forever.

Nevertheless, I'll take the ugly win. Rest up for the tough weekend!

Guest Crymson

Entertaining game and an ugly win all rolled into one. I don't care much about style points though, you get the W's however you can.

Unusually sloppy on defense, but I'm not too worried about that as long as it doesn't carry over the next few games.

Hasek made some pretty insane saves.

More offensive support is needed for the top line. Good to see Draper get one and the 4th line have some pretty solid chances, but this cannot be just a 1-game occurance. Lang-Williams-Cleary needs to get something, anything generated, they've just been on neutral forever.

Nevertheless, I'll take the ugly win. Rest up for the tough weekend!

LOL--no kidding, Dom kept us in the game without a doubt. At one point I was thinking, "what? Hasek's playing for Buffalo again?" GREAT game by Hasek.

Lang sucks. Normally a guy in a slump would try to visibly exert more effort. Lang? Nah.. he still coasts all over the place, despite the fact that he has no production to make up for it. Sorry, Langer--we were willing to forgive your deliberate lack of speed and hitting when you were helping out, but now you're worse than dead weight.

As for Williams, I really think that his concussion took a toll on him. He clearly lacks a lot of the balance and coordination he had before, though nobody can say whether or not that loss will be permanent. I feel sorry for the guy.

Kronwall REALLY needs to pay more attention on D.

Edited by Crymson

Just got back from the game!!! :siren: It was aaaaaaaawesome! Before I read the whole GDT I wanted to post my thoughts:

1. Pre-game: They do a new drill now where someone shoots at Ozzie and then fifteen of them rush in and try to knock it in. It's HILARIOUS! Ozzie was giggling the whole time. They didn't do it to Hasek though.

2. The first was kind of slow. I wasn't shocked when we had less shots on goal at the end of the first. We were being our usual lackluster first half team.

3. Pavel's 100th goal (Congrats Dats! I was so excited to witness it live! Kira I thought of you immediately.) really pumped everyone up! JLA was packed nice today. It was awesome. I'm glad he was in all alone...he had to shoot.

4. Robert Lang is lazy and he sucks. For real. He wasn't hustling at all. Is he injured???

5. WHO PUT WILLIAMS ON THE POINT AGAIN??? askjdf;akdsjf;asf I kicked the wall (we were standing room) when he let the puck out of the zone on a delayed penalty. The guy next to me was like, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I was flipping.

6. Z's first goal...awesome. But my favorite part is everytime Hank scores the scoreboard shows Zorro writing a "Z" in fire. It's soooo funny...and random...and stupid. Oh, by the way, he got his teeth fixed. He gave me quite a toothy grin during warm-ups :blush: ...probably b/c I wore my new "40" hat...which is so awesome.

7. Zata's empty netter: It's like he was almost embarassed that he had to score that goal. He literally had no one to pass to so he just kinda scored himself. He is such a class act...I loved it.

So did everyone have fun here? I'm gonna go read the whole GDT right now...

Guest Crymson

Just got back from the game!!! :siren: It was aaaaaaaawesome! Before I read the whole GDT I wanted to post my thoughts:

1. Pre-game: They do a new drill now where someone shoots at Ozzie and then fifteen of them rush in and try to knock it in. It's HILARIOUS! Ozzie was giggling the whole time. They didn't do it to Hasek though.

2. The first was kind of slow. I wasn't shocked when we had less shots on goal at the end of the first. We were being our usual lackluster first half team.

3. Pavel's 100th goal (Congrats Dats! I was so excited to witness it live! Kira I thought of you immediately.) really pumped everyone up! JLA was packed nice today. It was awesome. I'm glad he was in all alone...he had to shoot.

4. Robert Lang is lazy and he sucks. For real. He wasn't hustling at all. Is he injured???

5. WHO PUT WILLIAMS ON THE POINT AGAIN??? askjdf;akdsjf;asf I kicked the wall (we were standing room) when he let the puck out of the zone on a delayed penalty. The guy next to me was like, you're going to give yourself a heart attack. I was flipping.

6. Z's first goal...awesome. But my favorite part is everytime Hank scores the scoreboard shows Zorro writing a "Z" in fire. It's soooo funny...and random...and stupid. Oh, by the way, he got his teeth fixed. He gave me quite a toothy grin during warm-ups :blush: ...probably b/c I wore my new "40" hat...which is so awesome.

7. Zata's empty netter: It's like he was almost embarassed that he had to score that goal. He literally had no one to pass to so he just kinda scored himself. He is such a class act...I loved it.

So did everyone have fun here? I'm gonna go read the whole GDT right now...

What about Hasek????