• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
haroldsnepsts

Ducks dent the Cup

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Is there a link or something? Or are we suppose to see the dent in those pics??? Well if it is true, big shock that the team of classless goons would dent Lord Stanley's Cup. Pathetic.

Is there a link or something? Or are we suppose to see the dent in those pics??? Well if it is true, big shock that the team of classless goons would dent Lord Stanley's Cup. Pathetic.

when you click on the photos, they should enlarge.

The one of Scott Niedermayer holding it is probably the best one. It's on one of the smaller rings towards the top.

The Cup takes a beating every year.....you get a bunch of pissed drunk hockey players passing around a 32-pound trophy and bad things will happen.

I know. It's been at the bottom of pools, on jetskis, etc.

But they didn't even make it to the celebration before they mangled it. :lol:

Third ring down, but yeah, like harold said.

I'm wondering who's team they messed up. They've gotta be honored to get the Duck dent.

Guest DetroitIan

when you click on the photos, they should enlarge.

The one of Scott Niedermayer holding it is probably the best one. It's on one of the smaller rings towards the top.

Yeah wow I can really see it now. Unbelievable. Thats not just a nick either, that looks like someone threw it on the ground with force or something. WTF? Im so sick of these bums. I can't wait for next year when they get their asses kicked in the first round.

That's what happen's when an animal that can bump it's ass off the ground when it walks, win's the Cup. :ph34r:

......well you did say insert a Pronger joke in here. :P

his *ss might not drag the ground, but I believe his knuckles do. :ph34r:

That makes me sick, to see that big dent in the Cup. I hope the league makes them pay to fix it. Bad Ducks! :thumbdown:

I know, right. oh well. :P

One of the best pictures of the Cup was off the back of Mac's bike, I'd have to say. He owns so many other guys in the "best photo ops" department.

his *ss might not drag the ground, but I believe his knuckles do. :ph34r:

That makes me sick, to see that big dent in the Cup. I hope the league makes them pay to fix it. Bad Ducks! :thumbdown:

They have someone who etches the names in... I'd probably figure she takes care of dents at summer's end too. I don't doubt it's costly - by our standards, at least.

And honestly guys, that dent looks more like Pronger butted it with his chin. He got overzealous while eating honeynut Cheerios out of the top bowl one breakfast morning.

Edited by Flip-check

Well the cup is substantially shorter than Pronger, who is 6'6". Its simple physics that says that he couldn't help applying an elbow to Lord Stanley and driving it into the table.

Don Cherry says that we need to leave him be. He's a good Canadian boy that is playing a strong game. Accidents happen. If the Stanley Cup had just not turned his back to Pronger then this whole thing could have been avoided.

Guest toolz19

Not a new thing. I still remember in 97 two or three days after the Wings won it Shanahan was on the Tonight show with Leno and the base had a HUGE dent in it. So its not just the Ducks. We (well the Wings not myself), did it too.

Oh please...give it up already! As Mack said the Cup takes a beating every damn year. Even the Wings have done it.

I don't see a dent-- what I see is sun and/or photog light reflection.

*shrug*

After all that Cup has been through (and I cannot, not do I want to, imagine the tales that are too XXX rated for public consumption...!!!

Ehh, Pronger's tongue doesn't seem so horrible, after all.

(darnit, I WISH I could find the article where CP spoke of Frenching the Cup (ykes!!!)-- no one believes me, but it was prolly from TSN and I absolutely canNOT find it now)

I don't see a dent-- what I see is sun and/or photog light reflection.

*shrug*

After all that Cup has been through (and I cannot, not do I want to, imagine the tales that are too XXX rated for public consumption...!!!

Ehh, Pronger's tongue doesn't seem so horrible, after all.

(darnit, I WISH I could find the article where CP spoke of Frenching the Cup (ykes!!!)-- no one believes me, but it was prolly from TSN and I absolutely canNOT find it now)

I don't know what to tell you dude. I see a dent on the first small ring in all three photos which are taken from different distances and angles.

And my intent wasn't for this to be a "That SoCal hockey team doesn't deserve the Cup!" thread. I had made a joke about Pronger elbowing it and denting the Cup in another thread, before I realized it actually had gotten dented.

I guess I should've thrown a couple smiley faces in my initial post.

I just thought it was funny, especially considering the speed with which they dented it. I would bet not too many players, if any, had their day with it at that point.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

The Cup takes a beating every year.....you get a bunch of pissed drunk hockey players passing around a 32-pound trophy and bad things will happen.

Yup. I'm sure that thing's been repaired a thousand times.

Guest DetroitIan

Oh please...give it up already! As Mack said the Cup takes a beating every damn year. Even the Wings have done it.

You give it up. Cause the fact is, if the Wings ever did anything to the Cu, it was fixed up before being put on display in public for everyone to see. The Stanley Cup is the most historic trophy in sports. I think the least the Ducks could do is have it presentable for all the people there. Instead of a baseball sized dent. Disgraceful, just like most of the Ducks. :thumbdown:

You give it up. Cause the fact is, if the Wings ever did anything to the Cu, it was fixed up before being put on display in public for everyone to see. The Stanley Cup is the most historic trophy in sports. I think the least the Ducks could do is have it presentable for all the people there. Instead of a baseball sized dent. Disgraceful, just like most of the Ducks. :thumbdown:

Apparently you missed toolz19's post about the Tonight Show. I dont know how much more of a public display you can get than that. Millions of viewers got to see it dented. Your argument here has no substance, youre just taking it as another oppurtunity to whine about the Ducks.

By the way, maybe you missed it but ive asked you a couple times about whether or not you thought Jiri Fischer's crosscheck in the '02 Finals was classy. Whats the word?

Not the first time it's been damaged and it won't be the last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditions_an...p#Misadventures

Excellent read :thumbup:, thanks for posting that.

Give it up man. Just face facts, the Ducks won, get over it. The 1972 Bruins and 1974 Flyers were bigger goons than the 2007 Ducks.

Edit: Check out what the 1962 Leafs (An Original 6 team) did to the Cup.

Edited by Barrie