Photo
- - - - -

Justin Abdelkader

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#141 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:46 AM

I believe he was also MVP of the tourny too.
"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#142 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:13 AM

Yes, Abdelkader had the game winning goal and was named Most Outstanding Player. Personally, I thought Jeff Lerg should have been named MOP.

Abdelkader finished third in scoring for MSU, with 15 goals and 18 assists in 38 games.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#143 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

The 07 - 08 season for Michigan State gets going Sunday October 7th at 2:00 pm with the Green and White game and two days later an exibition game against University of Windsor. The regular season's first home game is against Colgate on 10/19. This season Justin will be serving as an one of the three alternate captains.

#144 Skiing - Puck

Skiing - Puck

But Dave's out. Who's gonna take his place?

• PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

I went to the Michigan State game tonight against Windsor University, Justin looked pretty good winning 15 of 19 faceoffs that he took and got an assist and did not shy away from physical play against a much bigger team. Michigan State won the game 6-0. However, the best player on the ice was freshman Corey Tropp who scored two goals and was very physical. His rights are owned by Buffalo, it would be great the Wings could find a way to get him.

#145 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

Abdelkader is off to a good start with 9 points in 9 games. From what I've read, he's been the best faceoff man as well.

#146 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:08 PM

Abdelkader, is a hometown guy, so im rooting for him to make it to the wings.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#147 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:45 PM

well tonight he seemed very ineffective in the game at the GLI, i did like how he plays physically and has good hands and quick feet

but he, along with the other people on MSU's powerplay sucked big time...that was not the game i was expecting

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#148 redwingspav13

redwingspav13

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:45 AM

Went to the MSU/UNO game last night. I've seen Abdelkader play a lot and this was the best game I've seen him play. He didn't have any points but was physical, was good with the puck, and didn't turn it over: Just the kind of player the Wings want him to be. He got way to much hype early in his career and that hurt him. Still a big guy and a lot of a talent and potential. Needs to leave MSU after this year and sign with the Wings as suspected that he will.

#149 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 02:47 PM

Turns out when Abdelkader was a kid, he game my friend a concussion with a croscheck tothe back o the head.. i lll'd at that story he told me.

#150 Swede40

Swede40

We'll end the World 2009

• Gold Booster
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

He needs a couple seasons in Grand Rapids.

#151 tazzer82

tazzer82

Playoff time

• PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

Little article on him in Detnews. Coach is afraid he will be traded, simply because of teams wanting prospects.

Needs work on offense
Comley is happy with Abdelkader's development, but wants him to continue to improve at the offensive end. Abdelkader is responding to Comley's wishes.

Big decision upcoming
Abdelkader is happy with the progress he has made at Michigan State. He should be. He has seven goals and 11 points in the last 10 games, leading the Spartans (18-6-5, 14-3-3) to a 6-1-3 record to pull within three points of the CCHA leader, No. 1 Miami.

Abdelkader said he will think more about his future after the season.

"Right now I'm just focusing on this season," Abdelkader said. "It's pretty awesome to be playing for a league championship. Every game is like a playoff game right now. I'll sit down and talk about things after the season, but I certainly wouldn't frown on coming back for my senior year."

Wings coach Mike Babcock stresses shooting the puck. Abdelkader is making sure he gets his share of shots, taking eight Friday in a 5-4 overtime loss to Nebraska-Omaha. He had two goals and an assists.

"He's skillful and hard-working," said Spartans junior goaltender Jeff Lerg. "He's aggressive and has a good shot. He's real strong on his stick and doesn't get knocked off of it easily."

"He's been a tremendous player for us," Comley said. "He plays hard every night. He still has to grow offensively. He's strong and powerful. He has a great future."

"If he can play in Detroit, I think he should leave (after this season). If he's just going to play for Grand Rapids, I think he should stay for his senior year because he's still developing. I trust Kenny (Holland). I know he'll do what's best for him. I just fear he'll be traded. Teams want prospects."

Wings general manager Ken Holland checked on Abdelkader's progress firsthand when the Spartans played Michigan Jan. 25 in Ann Arbor.

"He's a big, physical kid," Holland said. "I can see him as a third-line center in the NHL."

http://detnews.com/a.../802050342/1128

“The only people Chris Osgood owes anything to are himself and his teammates.” - Mickey Redmond

#152 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:00 PM

i dont like how he said 3-rd line center in the nhl

id prefer to see 3rd line center on the wings.

#153 Chaldean

Chaldean

Red Wing Empire

• PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 11:05 PM

Whats the story behind his muslim last name?

#154 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Chaldean @ May 3, 2008 - 12:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know that adel kader is arabic, but i think in this cause its dutch or german...
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#155 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Chaldean @ May 3, 2008 - 12:05AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the heck does it matter if his last name is Muslim, Jewish, Arabic, or Australian? If he is a good person and a good hockey player, it shouldn't matter.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#156 Winther

Winther

Rookie

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Nightfall @ June 22, 2008 - 08:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What the heck does it matter if his last name is Muslim, Jewish, Arabic, or Australian? If he is a good person and a good hockey player, it shouldn't matter.

Did he say anything about it being a problem? Perhaps he was qurious? Don't jump the gun so easily..

#157 uk_redwing

uk_redwing

#25 Jamie Tardif

• Gold Booster
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 11:44 AM

QUOTE (Nightfall @ June 22, 2008 - 07:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Chill.

Man oh man this site is funny sometimes...

Posted Image
Turtling is for the weak
Grand Rapids Griffins Fights

#158 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (Chaldean @ May 2, 2008 - 10:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hate to stereotype, but he's a white boy from around Muskegon. Good chance he's not an Arab.

#159 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - but who's who?

• Silver Booster
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 10:06 AM

QUOTE (BlakChamber @ June 23, 2008 - 03:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate to stereotype, but he's a white boy from around Muskegon. Good chance he's not an Arab.

but it looks like he's a redhead, that can't be good...

#160 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:33 AM

http://griffinshocke...l?player_id=113

Lives in Muskegon, Mich….Working toward a degree in management…Hockey idol as a youth was Steve Yzerman, whom he chose his jersey number in honor of…Greatest influence on his career was his parents…First job was working as a bag boy at the Muskegon Country Club…Most exciting place he’s visited is Sweden…Played football, basketball and golf growing up…Once met actor John Cusack…Favorite food is pasta…Favorite TV show is Entourage…Favorite web site is facebook.com…Favorite vacation spot is California…Roots for the Michigan State Spartans…Favorite sport to watch besides hockey is football.