• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Never_Retire_Steve

Trade Osgood?

Rate this topic

Osgood is a good goalie, but with that said, he has no trade value, just like Thibault, Lalime, Sean Burke ect.. They can all do the job, but it's eaiser to just waive them.

Lalime has won one playoff series in his career. Thibault has won none.

Burke has won two.

Total of three.

Osgood has won more than that in a single year.

Lalime has won one playoff series in his career. Thibault has won none.

Burke has won two.

Total of three.

Osgood has won more than that in a single year.

It doesn't matter, at the point in their careers, they all have equally no trade value.

Guest shanny14

You know heres the whole thing.. i agree with heaton all the same....

look at todays headlines.. i think they speak for themselves.

Thrashers 7, Wings 6

Thrashers thwart Wings' rally

I know you cant stop em all ! But Come on!!!

I like the sound of a trade regarding Osgood. It isn't that he is horrible, it is just that Legace can do everything--and more--that Osgood does. While our team does have a goaltending issue, I do not see Osgood fixing it, so lets move to the next best thing: fix the defensive issue. Good thought Never_Retire_Steve

And, btw, these "ideas" about trading Osgood exist all day everyday, not just after games where he doesn't play great and the wings lose. The game wasn't his fault, but it never makes you look great when you let in a soft goal, despite how well you may play. But right now I am open to a trade of a goalkeeper, but I doubt us send a #1 goalie to Vancouver. Their a playoff foe and I doubt we would help them out in perhaps the most important position on the ice. But hey, if the trade is appealing enough lets do it.

Legace is better than Osgood? He's everything and more? Right. Because exactly what has Manny done in his NHL career besides back up? I'm not hating on Manny because he actually is one of my faves but when you say that he's better than Osgood and MORE? That just boggles my mind in which I have to respond to it. How is Manny better? What's he done?

You always come on here and antequate the good marking of a goaltender is by them winning a stanley cup. Because it seems like that is what you bring up most often. (that Ozzie one a cup)

And all i can say is that in '98 osgood was ok. His mediocre play and the great teammates in front of him won hime a stanley cup.

But ya know, not to be hating on Osgood but I believe, now in the present and future that manny is the best fit as a starting goaltender.

Manny needs his turn and truth be told the reason why osgood was brought back in the first place was that they could not afford anything better. they had just enough in the cap to afford him.

I dont claim to have ever liked osgood and never will/ definitely not and ozzie loyalist here.

I think for now Ozzie needs to relax as soon as manny can get back. Meaning let ozzie warm the bench seat and let manny have the position in which the man is entitled to. Osgood had his chance.

Ya knbow, I must say though that his game against the pens was awesome! NOT!

They are the suckiest team in the league and ozzie did not face many shots. the puck was in pittsburgh's end most of the game.

Buyt there is only one thing I will give him props for- and that is letting in the one and only goal that was in his net that game. it was a beauty biggrin.gif

But hey Im not hating on him.. just giving the facts as i see them and any person can respect that.

But hey one question and last and final thought.

Where were all the osgood loyalist when he lost in the playoffs?

The answer: Booings and throwing cups on the ice! (ECT.)

I REST MY CASE!

This was by far the most laughable post I've ever read. Thanks for proving to everyone that you don't know what you are talking about. Do yourself a favor and go back to the threads where you post how "hot" the Wings are. rolleyes.gif Seems to be the only thing you are good at when it comes to hockey. Sad, but true.

Guest shanny14

Just let me say this

it does not seem like you cant handle things about your whiner of a goaltender anyhow.. thumbdown.gif I dont want to offend but instead of downing what i write give me some respect i dont trash you.. you shouldnt trash me.. period. this is a place where anyone can post... and if I dont know anything about hockey its so obvious that you dont. and i dont go to the hottest wings to talk about how good looking they are.. I post pictures for people in there because i have them and if i remember correctly the days before the hottest wings really became a comodity you really did visit every once in a while.

As for osgood.. hes ok... but i dont see the point in wasting money on a freak show like him. thumbdown.gif end of story

i just think Manny deserves the #1 spot... Osgood has had his chance and had blown it. Think about it... get real please rolleyes.gif

You are so blinded it is not even funny. the #1 position should be given to the better goaltender and right now i happen to think it is legace. should we look at ozzies glowing statistics? i mean good grief

here are his season stats you tell me 7- 3- 2

Imean come on look at his GAA 3.10? is that not kind of not good? its bad!

here is legace's : 2.21

his save percentage is : .886

when legace's is: .914

you tell me why i wouldnt want legace in net over osgood. you know for a loyalist i thought you had more in you than that.. you really didnt trash me enough if you want the truth. I mean you threw nothing at me but snide remarks. come on? now would i do that to you.. no i wouldnt.

Statistics do not lie exclamation.gif when all is said and done ... sorry.. but hey.... no hard feelings? i know i dont have any.

Edited by shanny14

your full of s**t as normal. of course your the slap happy osgood laughy that comes in here thinking that shes all that when you in turn know jack about hockey.

: i dont trash you.. you shouldnt trash me.. period. this is a place where anyone can post... and if I dont know anything about hockey its so obvious that you dont.

As for osgood.. hes ok... but i dont see the point in wasting money on a freak show like him. thumbdown.gif end of story

Chill out, boss. Your going to hurt yourself. You obviously care what he says or you wouldn't go on a wild rant about it. You don't respect anyone else's opinion any more than they respect yours. Ozzies not all bad, he's done alot of good things in a Red Wings jersey. Don't forget not long ago at all people were saying the same things about Shanny that you just said about Ozzie. thumbdown.gif

Guest shanny14

hey trust me i know.. but you know dont attack me cause your a you know what on a mission.. that is exactly what she is being. she is PM'sing 24/7 and is a constantly on my back when it comes to osgood. its fine.. she has her oppinion i have mine.. and i dont mind saying its fine she thinks what she wants. im just trying to get a word in edge wise.

\PS: i didnt want to send that post yet.. i didnt get a chance to go over it again. i hit enter and it sent it... so sorry everyone had to read that. crazy.gif i wanted to change more on it... that was the first draft. i go over things twice before i send them and that previous post should not have went through.. but as i said i hit enter and it was gone.

it bothered me at first.. but then again it didnt hehe.gif . cause the more i thought about it i laughed. laugh.gif I mean sheesh.. what do i care what she thinks anyway.. sorry all! and yes, whatever oppinions you have its fine.. i mean ozzie is ok.. hes just not my favorite.

I should be more politically correct i guess laugh.gif

Edited by shanny14

Guest shanny14

Ooo...cat fight.  Saucer of milk, table two!

Laughs.. nah i used to play hockey... trust me... i was the scrapper of the group. I was on a coed team. smile.gif that was fun. i had to get outta it though cause of college

I dont know how much of a cat fight it would be.. considering i punch not scratch and pull hair laugh.gif

Edited by shanny14

Guest shanny14
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics." -Benjamin Disraeli as quoted by Mark Twain.

peace

sure thing.. leave it to you to get the last word laugh.gif ya.. but stats are paper... and i feel paper is important as well as the play at hand. biggrin.gif if thats ok with you? smile.gif

Guest Osgoodrules

I have been lurking on your fine forums for a few months i've just never really wanted to post until all the stuff i read lastnight about osgood and his play. the truth is osgood is one of the best netminders in the business the sad fact is he is saddled with a team that can not support him the way he needs to be lidstrom is old and slow and schnider gives up the puck every time he tries to make a pass lebda is in the other end to much and the only real support he has is the best defense men on the team and thats andreas lilja osgood is not at fault it's the play of the supposed veterans osgood has won a cup none of the rest have and none of them ever will osgood is our best chance to win the cup this year if we can trade away lidstrom and schnider for some defense men that can actually play hockey and do the job they are supposed to and that prevent the puck from ever getting to osgood last night was howards fault he let 3 in before osgood ever got in the game had osgood started the score last night would have been 6-5 and detroit would have won it there should never be a discussion about this osgood is the starter legace got lucky 12 games and he will be the back up to osgood if you want to admit it or not osgood is one of the top 5 netminders in the leauge he may even be in the top 5 ever he still has a long career ahead of him and more cups to win looking back cujo never won a cup hasek won a cup here but osgood could have won that year too i belive that osgood is a better goalie then hasek and cujo combined he is the best netiminder in the nhl right now

Guest shanny14

UM top five? im not too sure on that.. but ok... i think you may want to back up a little their , Cheif.

and the defense cant take all the blame.. the goaltender should have some.

Hasek is a legend. osgoods still trying to just make it to the plateau!

Edited by shanny14

I have been lurking on your fine forums for a few months i've just never really wanted to post until all the stuff i read lastnight about osgood and his play. the truth is osgood is one of the best netminders in the business the sad fact is he is saddled with a team that can not support him the way he needs to be lidstrom is old and slow and schnider gives up the puck every time he tries to make a pass lebda is in the other end to much and the only real support he has is the best defense men on the team and thats andreas lilja osgood is not at fault it's the play of the supposed veterans osgood has won a cup none of the rest have and none of them ever will osgood is our best chance to win the cup this year if we can trade away lidstrom and schnider for some defense men that can actually play hockey and do the job they are supposed to and that prevent the puck from ever getting to osgood last night was howards fault he let 3 in before osgood ever got in the game had osgood started the score last night would have been 6-5 and detroit would have won it there should never be a discussion about this osgood is the starter legace got lucky 12 games and he will be the back up to osgood if you want to admit it or not osgood is one of the top 5 netminders in the leauge he may even be in the top 5 ever he still has a long career ahead of him and more cups to win looking back cujo never won a cup hasek won a cup here but osgood could have won that year too i belive that osgood is a better goalie then hasek and cujo combined he is the best netiminder in the nhl right now

I warned you not to push it.

peace

Personally right now, Ozzie is more important to the Wings than Legace is. For the plain simple fact that Manny has not shown he can remain healthy from his initial injury sufferec in early november. Even if Manny comes back, he seems to be a little on injury laden side. but that is just IMPO.

Stats can jump around like no tomorrow especially with the low amount of games Howard and Ozzie have. Just before yesterdays game Ozzie was at 2.89 and Howard was in the low 2.20 I beleive. After one(1) count it One bad game Ozzie jumped to the current 3.10 and Jimmy jumped to an amazing 2.99. Stats are good for a measuring stick but not as an end all case and point.

There's a dot on your keyboard, it's called a period....press it every once in awhile blink.gif

There's a dot on your keyboard, it's called a period....press it every once in awhile blink.gif

What the need of a period... they are just letting their train of thought guide them... I don't see anything wrong with the punctuation of that post. wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Just let me say this

it does not seem like you cant handle things about your whiner of a goaltender anyhow.. thumbdown.gif I dont want to offend but instead of downing what i write give me some respect i dont trash you.. you shouldnt trash me.. period. this is a place where anyone can post... and if I dont know anything about hockey its so obvious that you dont. and i dont go to the hottest wings to talk about how good looking they are.. I post pictures for people in there because i have them and if i remember correctly the days before the hottest wings really became a comodity you really did visit every once in a while.

i just think Manny deserves the #1 spot... Osgood has had his chance and had blown it. Think about it... get real please rolleyes.gif

You are so blinded it is not even funny. the #1 position should be given to the better goaltender and right now i happen to think it is legace. should we look at ozzies glowing statistics? i mean good grief

here are his season stats you tell me 7- 3- 2

Imean come on look at his GAA 3.10? is that not kind of not good? its bad!

here is legace's : 2.21

his save percentage is : .886

when legace's is: .914

you tell me why i wouldnt want legace in net over osgood. you know for a loyalist i thought you had more in you than that.. you really didnt trash me enough if you want the truth. I mean you threw nothing at me but snide remarks. come on? now would i do that to you.. no i wouldnt.

Statistics do not lie exclamation.gif when all is said and done ... sorry.. but hey.... no hard feelings? i know i dont have any.

I don't have respect? You are the one that PURPOSELY comes on here to talk your s**t about Osgood because you know that I'm gonna defend him regardless. You, and I use to talk all the damn time..i'm sure you remember that? Funny how that means not a damn thing to you. But oh well, I could care less at the moment.

You always say Osgood is a whiner? Why is this? Please let me know because you drive me crazy with it.

LMAO. I visited the "hottest Wings thread"? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Sorry sweetie, I don't watch hockey to stare at the players I watch because I love the game, because I've played the game in High School and because it's my life. Not once have I ever posted in that damn thread. Never.

Also, how has Osgood blown his chance? Since when was playing great in his last three starts blowing his chance? Are you watching the games or are you just saying these things because you dislike him that much? Manny has played more than Ozzie. Manny has played the easier teams within the first month and a half. Osgood comes in and faces teams about 500 and still gets wins, and still plays sharp in net. Osgood is still suffering from his groin, yet still manages to be in great position, have great reflexes, and make those big saves that need to be made. How on EARTH can you tell me that Manny deserves to be #1 over Osgood due to stats? Please look at the way the Wings D plays in front of Manny compared to the way they play in front of Oz. Look at what happened last night. You say "Oh 7-6 couldn't you at least stop some!" Did you even watch the game? You do realize that Howard let in the first three, and got pulled right? You do realize that the second Oz got between the pipes that he was put in a 5 on 3 situation for nearly 4 minutes straight in which they scored twice on him. Two goals that NO goalie would of freaking stopped, you go ahead and look at those goals again, and tell me how anyone would of stopped them..ESPECIALLY in a 5 on 3 situation. And you also go ahead and tell me when was the last time you seen Manny in by himself on a 3 on 0 situation?

In regards to Osgood's 3.10 goals against. Obviously you aren't getting the new rules of the NHL which opened up the scoring big time. New rules were made so there would be more SCORING in the NHL, and that's exactly what's happened. Look at Fleury from the Pens. His goals against isn't good, but that doesn't mean he's not playing good he's been great for the Pen's this season but his team in front has been horrible, therefore leaving Fleury out to dry and scored on all the time even though he's making those incredible saves regardless. You gonna tell me Belfour, Theodore, Nabakov, Luongo, Kolzig, and Esche are bad as well? Look at their goals against. Like Marty Turco said.."Just because the goals against for a goalie is up this season, doesn't mean he's not playing well."

hey Shanny14, don't worry about what other people say dude. I joined about 2 weeks ago, and all people do is attack me for what I post. I don't pay attention to it, and it would be best you not respond either, because when you react on this cite, there are way to many people that will be jerks to jump onto your back with the person who pissed you off in the first place. BringDMacBack is always trying to piss me off. We even got into it where a moderator stepped in, but that's because I went to far by accident with the words I chose, and FightFan24 is always trying to tick me off too. BringBack91 and I get along, but he's the only one that is like supportive for what I post. Just let them be, because they won't be favorites of anybody later on in life.

if you're also saying that to me, lay off. that was not needed for. but i guess since you said it, going out man shopping is not uncommon for you.

blink.gif Huh? I was refering to the HC3033 and Shanny14 and was trying to bring some levity into this thread....

Edited by Barnes52

alright. sorry. i feel bad for the kid being beat up. totally sorry dude. sense it's words on a computer screen, to prove it, i guess in a probably lame way, i like reading the stuff you post. so if there's no hard feelings, great, and if so, sorry about that.