• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Muse

It's time for a change

Rate this topic

I'm laughing so hard I might pee my pants.

This has gotta be the best tag-team April Fool's joke I've been involved in.

Props to the "Community Supporters" who have done a great job to reel so many people in on this one.

"The Winged Wheel logo looks stupid" hahahahaha!

ahem, no props to who figured it out first? wink.gif

ABSOLUTELY!

BlakChamber figured it out this morning. He was nice enough to edit his post that gave it away back on page 2 or 3.

Blak: was it my suggestion that the new logo needed to reflect more "toughness/grit" that got ya suspicious about how serious I might be?

BRTD, I'm still laughing about the pink & silver jersey idea. That is awesome. I like your helmet suggestion we also discussed privately. You should share that idea.

bwahhhaaaaaaaahaaaaaaa so many people punked on this.

ABSOLUTELY!

BlakChamber figured it out this morning. He was nice enough to edit his post that gave it away back on page 2 or 3.

Blak: was it my suggestion that the new logo needed to reflect more "toughness/grit" that got ya suspicious about how serious I might be?

BRTD, I'm still laughing about the pink & silver jersey idea. That is awesome. I like your helmet suggestion we also discussed privately. You should share that idea.

I don't know exactly what it was. It just hit me, this is pretty ridiculous, it has to be a joke. laugh.gif

ABSOLUTELY!

I don't know exactly what it was. It just hit me, this is pretty ridiculous, it has to be a joke. laugh.gif

i was thinking the samething but stupider things have been posted

I don't know exactly what it was.  It just hit me, this is pretty ridiculous, it has to be a joke. laugh.gif

i was thinking the samething but stupider things have been posted

Which is what makes it a good April Fool's gag. There has to be a hint of believability that it might be serious. You can't go too far out in left field or you'd give yourself away immediately. This thing has been brewing for weeks. tongue.gif

peace

Screw April Fool's!!! I WANT BLACK AND SILVER JERSEYS DAMNIT!!!! user posted image

user posted image

peace

Pink and silver tongue.gif

I really thought that the pink would give me away, but nope, someone took me seriously on that one too and I had to take it to the next level with the tights. Following would have been top hats (probably with some kind of hard plastic lining for protection) replacing the helmets, I do believe that's what Muse was talking about.

Anyone who's seen me post on the subject of uniforms knows I hate third jerseys with a passion and consider the winged wheel on the red and white to be the best, classiest, and most elegant uniform set in all of hockey....in fact, better than any uniform set in all the world save one (Michigan's winged helmet and maize-and-blue unis get the slim edge). Which made it all that much more fun to argue for the pink-and-silver with Stanley Cup on front laugh.gif

Guest Tunbo Batman

unsure.gif

i just don't get how stupid and ridiculous this is supposed to be. i would actually TRY AND DESIGN a new uniform myself if i was a pro. and whats with the pink? there could be something there. id like them tro try and wear a pink(-ish) uniform some day.

anyway.

I havent read this entire thread. But i think the majority is a big NO on changing the current uni's and i agree. However i wouldnt mind a 3rd jersey. Maybe break it out on special occassions, like the annual New Years Eve game. Maybe a grey 3rd jersey with the Winged Wheel on the chest, just like the other 2. I really dont see a Red Wings jersey without the Winged Wheel on the chest. But maybe Detroit spelled across the chest or down the jersey wouldnt be so bad either with the winged wheel on the shoulders.

Guest ontariowingsfan

doesn't an April fools joke need to be pulled before noon on the 1st? Or is that just a Canadian rule.

I totally fell for it. I definitely thought it was in the realm of possiblity that Muse wanted something new and detroit-like for the uniform. She's practically the ambassador to the city.

doesn't an April fools joke need to be pulled before noon on the 1st? Or is that just a Canadian rule.

I totally fell for it. I definitely thought it was in the realm of possiblity that Muse wanted something new and detroit-like for the uniform. She's practically the ambassador to the city.

Must be a Canadian thing. Never heard of that one. I figure, April Fool's is on a Saturday, pretty much the whole weekend is fair game.

Screw April Fool's!!! I WANT BLACK AND SILVER JERSEYS DAMNIT!!!! user posted image

user posted image

peace

I'd just prefer L.A. to go back to there black and silver ones. Wings one's are great, and I hope they never change. If a 3rd jersey is a must (I like being one of the teams without one) it shouldn't include the current logo, maybe just an olde english D or something. I don't like black in it, too many already, Ottawa, Carolina, Calgary and so on. I'd say if you have to do it, make it kinda like the Pistons, Blue and red, and just say Deroit across it or something.

since the wings are always a team full of all stars, has anyone ever thought of having EVERY player where a different jersey. They wear different jerseys at the baseball all star game and they used to do it at the nba all star game.

Can you imagine the confusion that the other team would face seeing 20+ different jerseys after them.

You're in luck, NN, because I came up with a 3rd jersey

user posted image

Now, I know 3rd jerseys are coloured usually. It's easier to make with a white jersey especially when you're only using Paint. So picture it with the colours flipped around to either red or black.

No offense, because it's better than anything I'd try to do, but it looks like the old Denver Nuggets jerseys mixed with Calgary.

Muse, I apologize for being out of town this weekend. I, like BRTD, would have come up with some ridiculous suggestions as well, had I had internet access.

Anyway, I just spent a half hour reading every post in this thread, and it was so worth it. I was so looking forward to this thread, ever since you had the idea.

rotflmao.gif

BRTD hilarious. NN Ditto

Muse: clap.gif

user posted image

Hahaha! Good one!

The difficult thing was that we needed to make ridiculous propositions, but make it seem serious enough so you all didn't catch on.

I can't believe you'd believe that I think the logo needs to be changed. Add colors like lime green or purple?

And NN saying the winged wheel is "old-timey spokey wheel" and they should change the name of the team to be "The Detroit Wings"? OMG!

BRTD and Vladdy16 saying to ditch the winged wheel & replace it with a Stanley Cup! Classic! SWF's suggested jersey as inspiration! Brilliant! HOCKEY MATTERS suggestion to put the winged wheel on the back & numbers on the front - ha!

For giggles, take a look back at the thread and notice the posts by several "Community Supporters". There were so many great contributions to this prank, I didn't mention them all. Some were "for it", some "against it", and some were "swayed by the suggestions."

Now, just to be very, very clear: several of us have privately discussed how annoying we think discussions about the need to change the Detroit Red Wings are. We hate the idea of a third jersey. We love our Red Wings. Hence, the prank.

Again, this is a JOKE, people! There is no need to change the Wings uniforms, their logo, etcetera.

(though I do think BRTD's idea for the padded tophats & tights ain't bad crazy.giftongue.gif )