• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukonethree

Eklund: Biron could get traded to the Wings

Rate this topic

But with the way is throwing around Garon's name as well, theyd either want to send him Buffalo's way or make sure hes traded before LA trades with Buffalo.

And like I said, if Dustin Brown is what its going to take to get Biron, then let LA have him. That is a complete overpayment. Id rather creep into the playoffs as the 8th seed with 1. Osgood, 2. Belfour, and 3. Howard in goal than us waste trade bait that could get something better in return. If it were Draper and he waived his clause, Id say go for it. Thats not a lot to give up, but big centers, extremely cheap skilled wingers that can put up 60 pts and offensive puck moving defenseman have a lot of value on the market right now. Id rather trade Williams + whatever (or the like since Chicago wants cheap, young, skilled players so badly) for Bell than Williams for Biron when Bell would stick around for a few years in a prominent position and Biron would merely be a stop gap for one year, two max.

Bell is #1 on my list so i certainly wouldnt give up any player for Biron that we could give for Bell either.

I agree Dustin Brown for Biron is overpayment, but the rumors we've been hearing about LA offering him and Frolov have all been under overpayment circumstances (Nabokov). So i think LA would do it, and maybe the deal would be contingent on negotiating a long term contract with Biron beforehand. As for Garon, yeah he's been offered in those Brown/Frolov deals as well. Whats Buffalo's backup situation if they lose Biron? Cause Garon is just backup material, and maybe could go to Buffalo in the deal as well? Unless of course he's signed to some ridiculous contract thats paying him starter money, which i have no idea about.

I wouldn't count Nashville out as a Team in the market for a Starter.

Any word yet on Vokoun's blood clot issue?

Nashville is not actively looking for a starter.

Vokoun is scheduled to travel to the Mayo Clinic July 15 for tests to determine if his blood clot condition has stabilized.

“Some people can look at this as an insurance policy,†Poile said. “One thing we have talked about is how good our chemistry was between our two goalies and how we could win with both of them.â€Â

They already re-signed Mason and feel comfortable with having him as starter if need be.

Bell is #1 on my list so i certainly wouldnt give up any player for Biron that we could give for Bell either.

I agree Dustin Brown for Biron is overpayment, but the rumors we've been hearing about LA offering him and Frolov have all been under overpayment circumstances (Nabokov). So i think LA would do it, and maybe the deal would be contingent on negotiating a long term contract with Biron beforehand. As for Garon, yeah he's been offered in those Brown/Frolov deals as well. Whats Buffalo's backup situation if they lose Biron? Cause Garon is just backup material, and maybe could go to Buffalo in the deal as well? Unless of course he's signed to some ridiculous contract thats paying him starter money, which i have no idea about.

Hes an RFA who made 1.22 last year. I know LA has offered him his qualifying offer (he hasnt accepted it yet) which I believe if its still the standard 10% raise, would then be 1.34 next year.

As for Buffalo's backup situation, they wanted to sign a veteran backup before they traded Biron so as to know what their goaltending situation is, so I guess Garon is an option, but his payroll isnt exactly ideal for a backup. I guess if they felt that Garon was their best option, theyd do the trade, but I doubt theyd trade for him until after theyve explored other options that would come cheaper (who knows? maybe they have already..). Either way, if LA wants to give up Brown + Garon for Biron, then Detroit can't compete as it is.

And I think you're right, the overpaying trade would make more sense for LA as theyd probably keep Biron longer than we would.

I couldn't even finish reading your guys' posts, because about 40% of you don't seem to realize that Draper has a No Trade Clause!!! Just thought I'd say that.

Anyway, I say keep Williams, but we do have a lot of Centres. Maybe they want Sammy.

No Homer, that's for sure.

No trade clause pretty much ends the debate.

If anyone, we would send them Lang, and I wouldnt mind that.

Draper is a perfect fit here.

lol...thats what im thinking, Draper is not even a 2nd line center and I have to think they can get way more then draper for biron. Thats what makes me think this report is bogus.

If Buffalo were to settle for Draper, Holland better jump all over that.

Sure he does. How many goals did he score? Both Maltby and Draper are over paid and failed to produce this year. Franzen and Cleary are excellent penalty killers and I think one should stay (Draper or Maltby).

I also think it will be Williams for Biron since if it is a second liner, it could Williams since the second line could have easily been Yzermani_i-Lang-Williams.

Also, since Biron is younger, I think he can stay a while here if he proves himself with Howard/Liv backing him up.

Franzen and Cleary are good on pk. A team can never have TOO MANY good pk. You need at least two sets of forwards to kill a penalty. Plus you don't want your top scorers having to kill lots of penalties. Blocking shots causes injuries and takes away from ice time they can play. It's hard to score goals when your tired from 8 mins of pk duty.

If Buffalo were to settle for Draper, Holland better jump all over that.

He can jump all over it all he wants...it would then be up to Draper as he has a NO TRADE CLAUSE and would have to waive it to be traded!

Is it that hard for people to understand that it so unlikely that Draper would waive the clause. Plus, it says Buffalo is looking for a second line center...Draper is not a second line center! Get over it already. Send Lang, you will save cap room while your at it and play someone from the AHL that deserves a chance for once.

Franzen and Cleary are good on pk. A team can never have TOO MANY good pk. You need at least two sets of forwards to kill a penalty. Plus you don't want your top scorers having to kill lots of penalties. Blocking shots causes injuries and takes away from ice time they can play. It's hard to score goals when your tired from 8 mins of pk duty.

yes you can. When your good pkers dont do anything else than PK, you have too many.

Zetterberg-Maltby

Franzen-Cleary

Bootland and Kopecky PK too.

Drapes would be a 2nd line center in Buffalo AND the Sabres lost their best defensive forward to the Sharks.

What does Draper make, it's around 2m, right?

That would mean a wash in salaries (if this does happen) and the Wings would also have an extra 2m to spend.

If we're keeping Lang, Pavel, and Hank, really, what role does Draper play anymore?

He's not needed on the 4th line, Clearly, Maltby, and Franzen all can play as a defensive line, and why keep making Draper play on the Wing of a top 2 or 3 line when he can't score a goal?

If the deal goes down, it will be perfect.

:lol: , oh my , you gotta be kidding me , Pavel , i know holland loves him , but draper is so much better , draper plays with heart & shows up in the playoffs unlike Dats. I highly doubt Draper is leaving because he has a NO-TRADE Clause in his contract. Plus , i'd much rather see Draper ( who can score goals by the way) play for Detroit then Pavel (who is flashy & chokes in the playoffs everytime)

Everyone who wants to trade Draper please listen to the other posters on this thread -

DRAPER HAS A NO-TRADE CLAUSE!!!

The only way Drapes will be traded is if he decides to waive his NTC and that's not about to happen.

So please, when talking about trades, leave Draper's name out of the mix cuz he's not going anywhere.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp...706_155636_4896

just found a martin biron article

says hes aware theres like probably 3 teams that might need a goalie ......det ,stl and flor

I don't want to name places publicly," Biron said. "I'll be happy for the opportunity if it comes."

when asked where he wanted to go thats what he replied ......common man he wants to come here for sure ! lol

move your ass kenny make it happen , trade ozzie to buffalo so they have their backup goalie if thats what it takes lol and sign the drunk bastard belfour for 500g's .........if thats what itll take then make it happen