• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Piston game was AMAZING tonight!!! Sheeds shot was 1 in a million, but I'm glad it was for us!!!

Watched it at the bar after the Wings game...and screamed in the face of all my roommate Cavs fans...then reminded them they havent won a title....then pwned them in hockey and baseball...then ignored the Lions. Fun night!

I was just thinking during this Magic game how things could really help the Pistons. If Orlando goes in slump, and misses the playoffs we will get their lottery pick (unless its number 1). How great would it be to have a top 5 pick...even top 10? We could really reload!

I was just thinking during this Magic game how things could really help the Pistons. If Orlando goes in slump, and misses the playoffs we will get their lottery pick (unless its number 1). How great would it be to have a top 5 pick...even top 10? We could really reload!

If I'm not mistaken the pick is protected if it's top 5 this year. So we're not really getting a lottery pick - the best we can do is pick at whatever position the Magic get if they don't win the lottery, since the lottery only chooses the top 3 picks.

If I'm not mistaken the pick is protected if it's top 5 this year. So we're not really getting a lottery pick - the best we can do is pick at whatever position the Magic get if they don't win the lottery, since the lottery only chooses the top 3 picks.

I swear they said last night that the only way we don't get the pick if it's No. 1 overall. Maybe I heard wrong though...won't be the first time I'm wrong in my life :lol:

We have a serious talent on our hands with Amir Johnson. His last three games:

12 pts, 10 rbs, 6 blocks, 3 assists.

8 pts, 6 rbs.

20 pts, 12 rbs, 3 blocks, 3 steals.

And he's only 19 years of age.

Our first round opponent in the playoffs is Orlando who shouldn't pose a problem.

Watching the game last night, it looks like the Pistons should have pretty good control of this series. As long as Dwight Howard is contained, like last night, Orlando doesn't pose much of a threat.

Flip need to play the bench more. That's all I have to say.

Yeh the starters will probably burn out again.

It's only a matter of time before Delfino sees no time, and that will only leave us with Dice and Hunter. And since I don’t rate Hunter at all these days, it doesn’t leave us with much off the bench…

Pistons win 93-77 and take a 3-0 series lead. That's all well and good, but there are a few concerns...

Davis played 15:20, Maxiell played under 2 minutes. Can't work that out. And Murray played more than Delfino. :thumbdown:

Maxiel needs to play...it's a joke. I don't want to play the Bulls. I hope the Nets win so we can have another easier series.

Actually the NBA does NOT reseed teams after the 1st round, so Detroit and Chicago are on a collison course for a down and dirty second round tilt (assuming Chicago win one of the next 4 games against Miami).

Edited by Cruiser008

Wow - after yesterday's beatdown of the Bulls, this team has that swagger back like they did in 2004. They look more focused than ever, which is scary for the rest of the league. I can't see any team beating the Pistons four times if they continue to play like they have to this point. Detroit Basketball!

With the Mavs out things look much brighter. If the Pistons can just stay focused (which can be very hard for them) they should go to the finals. If SA can take out the Suns I will be very excited! First though, lets teach Ben Wallace a lesson, and take out the Bulls.

First though, lets teach Ben Wallace a lesson, and take out the Bulls.

how ironic, chicago pulled him over to win the title.

if we dismiss them in this round it doesn't look like

a great return on their investment.

I agree on them going all the way, but this team has to stay FOCUSED! I already mentioned this above, but it's so important. The Pistons get bored very easy, and it usually bites them. Look at round 2 last year against LeBron...they were up 2-0, and almost blew it.

The NBA playoffs have been totally boring. I love the Pistons - smoking teams is pretty fun - they'll come out of the East - but no competition is a little dry. I don't anticipate Cleveland stopping them (I don't think what happened last year is in the cards).

The West is totally depressing. Golden State upsetting Dallas in the first round was the only mild excitement. Does anyone else want to barf if the Spurs are in the finals again - ugh. And if Detroit plays them I have to be subjected to watching them. I can only hope the Suns somehow win this series - or they get ousted by Utah - but otherwise ugh - we're stuck with them.