• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
betterREDthandead

NCAA Basketball Season

Rate this topic

Sooooooo.....college basketball....who's excited? If you're lucky enough to be a fan of an ACC team, college basketball is one of the best things going. ACC basketball is the only conference in any sport where the conference is excellent top-to-bottom and every game is dangerous. Even in SEC or Big Ten football, there are teams you basically just don't lose to. Vanderbilt, Illinois, etc. Not so in ACC basketball. Every team is good.

so Go Hoos! We start the season by hosting Arizona on the 12th. Got the best guard tandem in the conference in Sean Singletary and J.R. Reynolds. Got a big gumpy Lithuanian (Laurynas Mikalauskas), the only center in the conference who can bang with the feared Tyler Hansbrough of UNC. And we got a brand new, sparkly shiny, 15,000 seat arena. Can't wait for the season!

Oh yeah....Michigan looks good this year too. Assuming they can finally stop getting hurt. They'll get to the tournament if they're finally healthy.

When I read the title of this forum I thought for sure a MSU fan started this! But yes, I am excited. I really want to see if OSU's Tad Five lives up to the hype. I think MSU will still make the tournament even though they almost lost to Grand Valley State a few nights back, and if U-M doesn't make the tourny this year Tommy Turtleneck Amaker should be gone.

I think Michigan will make the tourny this year.

State will make the tourny simply because they're State, barring any sort of MSU football like season. I actually think this State team will get in as anywhere from a 7 to 11 seed, and proceed to win a few games. Some early reports I've read said Izzo really likes this team, and they're going to be stressing Izzo's favorite things, defense and rebounding. They won't have the talent of some of the past MSU teams, but they should have the heart.

YES! Virginia beats #10 Arizona 93-90 to christen John Paul Jones Arena! Mamadi Diane shoots 8-9 from the field with 5-6 3-points.....where did that come from?? Went into halftime down 13 and mounted a terrific run in the first ten minutes of the second half. Fantastic start to the season, and it's good to know that the devastating home-court advantage we had in University Hall has carried over to the new building.

MSU got hosed by the official tonight vs. Maryland. wtf kind of calls were those in the finals minute? :blink: Failed to call an obvious shot clock violation vs MD and then an offensive foul on State - Izzo was furious. Early in the season, they'll be OK.

I too am ready for UM basketball to get back into the thick of things. How long do we have to pay for Webber's mistake years ago? enough is enough. Even though I'm a rabid Michigan fan, I grew up watching MSU basketball - folks had season tickets to the fieldhouse! Judd Heathcoat even used to give me rides home from high school occasionally! :lol:

MSU got hosed by the official tonight vs. Maryland. wtf kind of calls were those in the finals minute? :blink: Failed to call an obvious shot clock violation vs MD and then an offensive foul on State - Izzo was furious. Early in the season, they'll be OK.

That was absolutely ridiculous last night. Maryland had a couple of dives that Peter Forsberg would be proud of.

Despite the loss, I really liked what I saw from MSU the last 2 nights. Good defense, good rebounded, and tough basketball. This is going to be a team that doesn't have the star players, but is going to win because they play as a team and have heart.

That was absolutely ridiculous last night. Maryland had a couple of dives that Peter Forsberg would be proud of.

Despite the loss, I really liked what I saw from MSU the last 2 nights. Good defense, good rebounded, and tough basketball. This is going to be a team that doesn't have the star players, but is going to win because they play as a team and have heart.

Maryland will do that, the little sh##s, I've never liked them. Not that I'm particularly unhappy to see MSU lose, but any game Maryland wins is a bad thing in my book.

What I'm kinda baffled about is how few people are currently predicting MSU to make the tournament. So maybe they look a little down, nobody like a Mateen Cleaves or a Charlie Bell to carry them. I think MSU has, for now, reached automatic status. If you're having doubts about whether they'll make the tournament, Izzo alone is worth the benefit of the doubt to just toss them in as a #10 seed and make them prove they're not a tournament team.

I must say. I am impressed with the spartans team so far this year. No real big star yet playing like a team. This team is going to surprise a bunch of people this year. I also like their incoming class for next year. Kalin Lucas reminds people of a Chris Paul. Durrell Summers is similar to Jason Richardson and Chris Allen is a solid shooter. Solid committments for MSU.

OSU been lookin pretty good so far. Cant wait to see Oden though.

Ditto here. I'm sick of hearing how high-flying wing-men (e.g Kobe, T-Mac, 'Bron, Melo, D-Wade, Carter, etc.), rule the game, not to mention these NBA darlings like Kobe, 'Bron and Wade get like 20+ foul shot a game in the playoffs.

Greg Oden.... this guy is gonna be awesome!

P.S. I assume all the Spartan fans can come out of the woodwork out that college basketball season is here! :P

New rankings are out. Virginia makes the list, woohoo! Now ranked #25. Of course, we're like 200-some points behind #24 and 2 ahead of #26. Still. I expect to scoot up the standings a bit further in the coming weeks.

ACC/Big Ten challenge starts today with Michigan at NC State today. I think Michigan wins. Other matchups, on Tuesday:

Maryland @ Illinois

Florida State @ Wisconsin

Penn State @ Georgia Tech

Indiana @ Duke

Miami @ Northwestern

Wednesday:

Michigan State @ Boston College

Virginia @ Purdue

Iowa @ Virginia Tech

Ohio State @ North Carolina

Clemson @ Minnesota

Looking forward to it. I'd like to see the Big Ten pull it off once to keep it interesting. But that doesn't mean I'll be rooting for Purdue :sly: