• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

Is it me, or is Dallas doing a lot of hitting and banging of Red Wings into the boards tonight? I don't usually think of Dallas as particularly physical, but they are making an effort tonight.

They must have watched the Philly game and saw how effective that kind of game is against us. Seriously.

I don't know if Jason Williams is the worst forward in the NHL right now, but he's in the discussion. A team with playoff aspirations can't afford to have an AHL winger running the point on their power play. For those who say this team can't afford a goon who can't play hockey taking up a roster spot, at least a goon would win the tiebreaker over Williams with his ability to fight.

I don't know if Jason Williams is the worst forward in the NHL right now, but he's in the discussion. A team with playoff aspirations can't afford to have an AHL winger running the point on their power play. For those who say this team can't afford a goon who can't play hockey taking up a roster spot, at least a goon would win the tiebreaker over Williams with his ability to fight.

Yet another one of the players for which Holland and Babcock seem to have an inexplicable undying love.

are we talking about the same Williams who was Wings leading goal scorer at some moment last season?

I;m not completely sold on getting rid of him, but would like to know why he's underpeforming so badly

Still 0-0...and who's in net? I know its been answered but I just got here.

Mike Smith for the Stars and Ozzie for the Wings.

Does anyone know where there's a scoreboard that is being updated? NHL and espn are not working for me.

are we talking about the same Williams who was Wings leading goal scorer at some moment last season?

I;m not completely sold on getting rid of him, but would like to know why he's underpeforming so badly

yeah, his game is unrecognizable. He may have gotten lucky last year, I don't know. This year's edition doesn't seem to work very hard. He makes lazy passes and is a turnover machine. He makes poor decisions on the ice. He's a terrible, terrible player right now. Isn't physical, can't play defense, his shot has no accuracy and he doesn't even appear to be able to skate that well anymore, something he used to be able to do.

Hey, Ethan Zahn! He used to be soccer coach at the other Jersey campus of the college I work at. (Yes, I know he won Survivor too :P)

Guh, another chance there and not much going on. We either can't hit the net...or we shoot it right into Smith's chest. Same ol', same ol'.

If the playoffs started today, we'd get San Jose. :crazy: Too bad it wouldn't be the same San Jose that is presently down 2-0 to Nashville....

would you believe San Jose yanked Toskala for 2 goals on 5 shots? Wonder if he is hurt or something?

Edited by puckloo39