• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chelios4eva

2/14 GDT: @ Dallas Stars, 8:30pm

Rate this topic

Also, Cleary is out today with the flu. Markov is back, and they'll dress 7 D tonight.

How the FLIP does Lilly get into the line-up yet again? salkdnvkdsjfnv;akjdnv :angry:

Edited by HenrikRules40

What?

Pathetic. Really pathetic.

not exactly. Stars ar valid opponent and the game will be pressumably both tight and low scoring. they already gave us tough battle with Turco in the net, and Smith increases their chances.

hence my conclusion that the game will be decided by a single flukey goal. Oz is definitely prone to such crap and if the Wings not push a lot and stay tight in D the game will be lost by goalie's mistake

nothing against Oz, but he's not the go-to goalie for tight battles

not exactly. Stars ar valid opponent and the game will be pressumably both tight and low scoring. they already gave us tough battle with Turco in the net, and Smith increases their chances.

hence my conclusion that the game will be decided by a single flukey goal. Oz is definitely prone to such crap and if the Wings not push a lot and stay tight in D the game will be lost by goalie's mistake

Osgood has won plenty of 'tight games' in his career. He's also WON games for his team(s) before so he's more than capable of taking on the Stars. Osgood's best numbers are against the Stars, Lightning, and Nucks and I have all the faith in the world he'll do just fine tonight.

Stars don't give us a tough battle with Turco in net. Turco has won ONE game against the Wings in his career. He plays horrid against them.

I'm going to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day now, because I might not make it for the game. I have summaries to write on 8 articles :( After what happen at the last game, something good needs to happen...

GO WINGS!!!

Yeah, you kind of lost the mini debate with HC with this statement.

Sidenote: Not even to mention he's been pulled a couple of those times against the Wings.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Stars don't give us a tough battle with Turco in net. Turco has won ONE game against the Wings in his career. He plays horrid against them.

Turks isn't playing tonight, hun. It's Smith. I wish it was Turco - he's awful vs. the Wings! :P

So let's weigh in here. The match up favors Smith because he's hot as a fire cracker. It favors Oz because he pwns the Stars. But Ozzie is gonna be rusty; still, you know who you're good at and you play like it.

We'll call it even for now. I don't really think goaltending will be the focus tonight, anyways. Just good ol' fashioned intuition, you know.

So let's weigh in here. The match up favors Smith because he's hot as a fire cracker. It favors Oz because he pwns the Stars. But Ozzie is gonna be rusty; still, you know who you're good at and you play like it.

We'll call it even for now. I don't really think goaltending will be the focus tonight, anyways. Just good ol' fashioned intuition, you know.

we can start the debate all over again, if it turns out to be Hasek, and not Ozzie, in goal. :hehe:

Yeah, you kind of lost the mini debate with HC with this statement.

Sidenote: Not even to mention he's been pulled a couple of those times against the Wings.

yes, I too remember those cases from previous seasons.

but this season we had 4-3 and 2-1 against Stars and these were both tight games.

if anything, I'd rather use these recent games as indication rather than what happened

long time ago

nice try, though

We're going to lose tonight. I'm sorry to say it but we're a streaky team and unfortunately this is going to be a losing streak for us, which is ok because this may pressure Kenny into making some good trades that otherwise, as some people believe, he will not have made.

Osgood has won plenty of 'tight games' in his career. He's also WON games for his team(s) before so he's more than capable of taking on the Stars. Osgood's best numbers are against the Stars, Lightning, and Nucks and I have all the faith in the world he'll do just fine tonight.

Down girl ;)

They obviously don't realize that the Dom has a losing record against the Stars of Dallas (8-10-01) with a 2.78gaa and a .889 save percentage.

The Oz has a 24-10-3 record agains them with a 2.38gaa and .907 save percentage.

Statistically speaking Oz gives us a better chance at beating the stars :thumbup:

I know the newspapers haven't really been a lot of help lately with all their conflicting reports, but you don't get any less ambiguous than "Wings to start Osgood in goal tonight."

I didn't see that, don't have time to cruise all the sites for the latests. Dom sounds like he's ready, too, so we're in good shape again. This will be a nice test for Ozzie tonight. He will he ready-Freddy!!

I am watching Ottawa and Florida Panthers while I wait for Center Ice to let me see Wings. Gratton (FL) and Mike Fisher (Sens) got in a real, actual fight! I haven't seen one of those for a while, since I mostly watch the Wings. :lol:

Oh, and Gerber stopped a puck. Ottawa fans are in shock. :sly: Bad looo....

Edited by puckloo39

Down girl ;)

They obviously don't realize that the Dom has a losing record against the Stars of Dallas (8-10-01) with a 2.78gaa and a .889 save percentage.

The Oz has a 24-10-3 record agains them with a 2.38gaa and .907 save percentage.

Statistically speaking Oz gives us a better chance at beating the stars :thumbup:

Hasek's won both games so far this season vs. Dallas, both times breaking losing streaks to do it. Wings were on a five game losing streak on Nov 27th, and a three game losing streak in October.

So one could make the argument that the Wings have a high degree of confidence in Hasek's recent play vs. Dallas. ;)

But Ozzie should do fine, too. :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39