• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Earthhuman

2/17 GDT: @ Phoenix Coyotes, 9:00pm

Rate this topic

Kinda wanted to go to the game tonight, but the Coyotes think it's cute to double the ticket prices when the Wings come to town! :thumbdown:

Cuteness backfired I thought back in January when we played there. Something like 11,000 showed? They oughta pull their head out of their collective asses and charge normally, that way a sold-out arena. It'd do Wayne some good to hear his team booed most of the game, at least the franchise would be making money. :)

Anyone else think that we will score before the third period? I am getting a feeling that Hank, Mule, Draper, and Homer will score tonite. There could be more, I just havent thought of them yet. Consecutive non-shutout streak is at a whopping three games now! Go shut them yotes up fellas!

Cuteness backfired I thought back in January when we played there. Something like 11,000 showed? They oughta pull their head out of their collective asses and charge normally, that way a sold-out arena. It'd do Wayne some good to hear his team booed most of the game, at least the franchise would be making money. :)

I'd agree to some extent (and I believe there was a whole thread devoted to this topic at one point), but they had a hard time selling out that nice new barn they have there even before they pulled this stunt. I've seen many Wings games there in Phoenix because I have family there and I don't think any of them were ever sellouts. Why on earth would a franchise (that's now part of a CBA that promotes overall league growth) turn hockey fans away?

I say make 'em pay for it.

For those in Lansing, are we going to get the game? It's being broadcast on Fox 2, which normally means that it will be picked up by FSN Detroit. But, tonight, the MSU/Western Michigan hockey game is on. Anybody know if I'm going to be forced to listen on the radio?

I know this doesn't really belong in this thread but I didn't feel like starting a new one just for this comment: Wild vs. Nashville, and Boogaard is scratched?! You'd think their top fighter would play against a team like Nashville. Plus he might get a chance to take out Forsberg in his first game back in the West. I guess the Wild needed someone with offensive upside in the lineup tonight but this decision just baffles me.

Oh and with that, 100 posts!

For those in Lansing, are we going to get the game? It's being broadcast on Fox 2, which normally means that it will be picked up by FSN Detroit. But, tonight, the MSU/Western Michigan hockey game is on. Anybody know if I'm going to be forced to listen on the radio?

Oh yeah...It is on Fox 2...I'm up in the UP, so no watching this for me!

Those on the GDT will be my eyes tonight :)

Boogity Boogity Boogity, lets go Racing! ...wait thats tomorrow. Lets get ready to rumble baby! puck drop! lets come out hot and beat the snot out of them!

Edited by rwfan007

Anyone else think that we will score before the third period? I am getting a feeling that Hank, Mule, Draper, and Homer will score tonite. There could be more, I just havent thought of them yet. Consecutive non-shutout streak is at a whopping three games now! Go shut them yotes up fellas!

200th post

opps nm. the post after that is your 200th post

Edited by wingsfan979802

Interesting that Holland keeps saying "we'd like some forwards" frequently during his pre-game interview. I know there was talk of multiple deals if the team got Forsberg but it looks like they're still looking at adding at least two forwards before the deadline.

Interesting that Holland keeps saying "we'd like some forwards" frequently during his pre-game interview. I know there was talk of multiple deals if the team got Forsberg but it looks like they're still looking at adding at least two forwards before the deadline.

I totally can handle that. Somehow, via some way of coping and psychological counseling.

It won't magically solve issues of toughness, but I'd certainly feel warm inside knowing we have two more physical guys skating around on the ice than we did the week before.