• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hillbillywingsfan

Predators reclaim top spot in the West

Rate this topic

Yeah but I must say Legionnaire is a very respectable poster and never talks smack. You don't have to be a Wings fan to post here. And if you're not a Wings fan, and you post here, I hope you're like Legionnaire.

Legionnaire11 Icon on another hockey board.

IPB Image

Very respected poster. Wonder what else he says behind the LGW message board back.

My hero. lol

The Wings do suck... I've never said anything else on here. I certainly don't like them by any stretch, really my least favorite team in the league.

But they're a great team, with a lot of great players who are also good guys. And there are a lot of great posters on here. So, what?

Yes, with 10 Stanley Cups the Wings would have to suck. Please, just stay in Nashville and complain along with Leipold.

I love it when other team's fans post here, we dont have nearly enough.

Agreed....

Also, anyone can say anything sucks, there is no need of a basis for it....its just another easy way of saying you don't like something..... Observe:

Baseball sucks

Martin St. Louis sucks

American Idol sucks

50 Cent sucks

NASCAR sucks

etc.

.....It's no big deal and nothing that should be or could be disputed.

P.S. the Preds suck ;)

Agreed....

Also, anyone can say anything sucks, there is no need of a basis for it....its just another easy way of saying you don't like something..... Observe:

Baseball sucks

Martin St. Louis sucks

American Idol sucks

50 Cent sucks

NASCAR sucks

etc.

.....It's no big deal and nothing that should be or could be disputed.

P.S. the Preds suck ;)

yeah it's a gut reaction thing it truly doesn't mean a whole lot, honestly it's kinda ignorant. But we mighty wings fans are not above it either

Avs suck (2 cups)

leafs suck(13 cups)

oilers suck (5 cups)

blackhawks suck (3 cups)

preds suck (oh wait,...they really do suck)

Edited by theman19

Guest Tunbo Batman

i just dont get it with that strange obsession people have with the wings, avs fans chanting we suck even when were not there, references to wings sucking in south park, and now Mr. 11 with this strange affirmation :

They are a great team, but they suck.

Hey, that makes plenty of sense! How about this one :

The Predators rock and are great even though theyve never accomplished anything.

lol.

as for saying these teams suck :

Avs suck (2 cups) - well i dont think they do, but anyway.

leafs suck(13 cups) - pre-expansion cups don't really count since they weren't nearly as hard to get. 40 years without one DOES suck.

oilers suck (5 cups) - i said that for a bout 3 days then got over it.

blackhawks suck (3 cups) - see toronto, only worse.

from a poster on the preds boards, he wrote it last summer, great piece. Please note #1 and #6...

====================================

10 Simple Rules for being a Nashville Predators Fan.

1. Everybody Else Sucks.

It's a rule. We all know how rules are. It really doesn't matter. Wayne Gretzky? He sucks. Mario? Ovechkin? Yzerman? Hull? They all suck(ed). The only POSSIBLE exception to this rule is Patrick Roy...because he coached Alexander Radulov last year.

All other teams in GEC also suck. The fact that they may be the defending Stanley Cup Champions does not change this. The fact that they may be the winningest franchise in NHL history does not change this. The fact that, on their way to the arena, they rescued a busload of nuns from the scene of a fiery crash caused by people gawking at them while they stopped a terrorist plot at the Batman building moments before, having arrived there in the nick of time to aide in the birth of premature sextuplents does not change this. They suck. The only exceptions to this rule are the Milwaukee Admirals and teams made up of children under the age of 10 who are putting on a demo during intermission.

Former Predators, no matter how fond our memories of them, suck. Cliff Ronning sucks. Scott Walker and Adam Hall now suck. Mike Dunham sets the standard for suckitude by which all others are measured. There are no exceptions to this rule. Yes, that means even Paul Kariya and Tomas Vokoun have the potential to suck.

2. David Poile is a Genius

Nobody ever said he was perfect. But he IS a genius. Sure, the guy has made a mistake or two....so did Einstein. Doesn't change the fact that he's a genius. He's built a winning hockey team in a city that, 10 years ago, couldn't MAKE ice...or, for that matter, spell it.

Sure...argue all you want about Jere Karalahti...just remember that the man not only found a way to unload Mike Dunham on some unsuspecting fool, but he got Marek Zidlicky in return.

Genius.

3. Real Hockey Fans Spend Time on the Boards

This is important.

It's not necessary that one post...or contribute...or even fluff.

You needn't suffer the rather aimless wanderings of BC...such as this post.

It is not required to understand...or even tollerate...statistical anlyses that would choke a horse from some nut in Wisconsin.

You do not need to have ever played the game, despite what the FHL crowd says.

Drinking Jack Daniels before, during, or after a game is optional.

You don't have to know who scoed the game winning goal...more importantly, you needn't know why.

You do not have to spend hours, days, weeks, months, nay YEARS expounding on why David Legwand does...or does not...suck. In fact, we'd really rather you didn't.

You DO, however, have to know what makes all of these things funny.

It's just part of the whole Pred-fan groove, man.

4. That Man Has No ****ing Neck

Yes, yes, we know. It's part of his charm.

5. Soft Dumps and Nice *****

Pete Weber and Terry Crisp are, without question, THE best broadcasting tandem in professional sports today.

You are not, and can not be, a true Predators Fan until you have spent some time simply chatting with these two. Doesn't matter where...in the concourse before games, out at public events, at one of 303's SlapShot parties, over lunch...wherever.

In as much as certain players have been said to "define what it means to be a Nashville Predator", they define what it means to be a Predator Fan. Their insights, descriptions, discussions, and broadcasts of games have, whether we realize it or not, shaped every one of us...and shaped how we see this team.

Quite simply put, if you are unable to describe Cale Hulse's manhood...well...you just aren't a Predators' fan.

6. We are unavoidably and inexplicably tied to the Detroit Red Wings

Yes. They suck. (See rule 1)

But any real Preds fan knows there is "something special" about the connection between these two. Maybe it's the fact that the Wings were responsible for a sizeable chunk of our original fan base. Maybe it's simply the knowledge that to be the best, you have to beat the best. Who knows.

But Preds fans understand that it just wouldn't have been right to have met anyone else in our first playoff series.

Preds fans understand that when they built a strange bond with opposing fans after watching Jiri Fischer collapse on the bench...it HAD to be the Wings.

And Preds fans know that, some how, some way, the hockey gods will see to it that when the Preds win their first Western Conference chmpionship...they'll have to beat Detroit to do it.

It's kismet...fate...whatever.

7. We have the rarist of opportunities

Preds fans get to watch a baby grow up. And we don't have to change diapers.

Ok, sure...we deal with the growing pains...and lord knows, we spend ridiculous amounts of money clothing and feeding the kid. And there is no doubt the kid has done (and will continue to do) some pretty stupid things.

But here we are, watching our child at the tender age of 9 already begin to accomplish some amazing things.

And even if the kid reaches 20...or 30...or 40...and still hasn't achieved its ultimate goal in life...it'll still be OUR KID.

8. Growth Hurts

(see #7 above)

Growth is not a painless process. Growth involves trying new things, exploring new possibilities. Growth involves tossing aside that which was "great" because it has, of late, become "not good enough". Growth means Scott Walker now sucks.

Shared pain makes us a family.

9. Our family is dysfunctional.

Some of us still think the Ronning trade was a bad idea. We still invite them to dinner, but only on special occaisions.

Some of us think the world revolves around Jordin Tootoo. We only invite them to dinner at obscure restaurants, as we lack the ability to prepare raw whale in our own homes.

Some of us STILL don't know who scored the game winning goal. We laugh about them over dinner.

NONE of us can agree on whether David Legwand sucks or not. What do you think we DISCUSS at dinner?

Some of us, inexplicably, think the Dunham trade was a bad idea. Forget dinner, these people have been disowned.

Some of us think "stupid penalties" are ok. Occaisionally we'll rationalize this over the dinner table by discussing the finer points of goaltender protection...or swooning over bruises.

A few of us simply don't get to the dinner table often enough to know WHAT we think. We're too busy serving our country, or heading off to college, or we live obscure places like Nunavut...or Wisconsin.

Some of us show up at the table with bottle in hand. Usually, somewhere between "consume" and "repeat", they manage to contribute to whatever argument is going on at the time.

A rather significant number of us are convinced the sky is falling. Hopefully, somwhere after predicting that we'll miss the playoffs, but well BEFORE predicting that the team will be moved, we manage to contact our lawyers and have them written out of the will.

And what have we learned from all of this?

"Functional" families are boring.

10. Expect the unexpected.

Bizzarre things follow this team around like lost puppy dogs.

The first time our team disputed a suspension handed down to one of our players...the case was argued by one of our former players.

Just this past season, we watched our BACKUP goaltender score a goal.

We once watched our OLYMPIC goaltender knock a puck into his own net...with his butt.

We watched Scott Walker (who sucks now, btw) score a hat trick...and then have it taken away...and then score it again.

We've heard Terry Crisp describe Cale Hulse's manhood...and heard Pete Weber unable to speak for 3 minutes afterwards.

Not only did we watch an apparently healthy opponent collapse on his bench with a heart problem, we've watched this team lose man-games to butt injuries caused by missed checks, back injuries caused by car wrecks, groin strains caused by golfing, and, in an apparent effort to one up ALL of these things, our goaltender ends his season by contracting a disease associated with sedentary pregnant women.

Predators fans simply understand...whatever it is that can't possibly happen, will.

Here are my thoughts on rule 6. If you moved from MI to TN in the 90's with Saturn and you currently support the preds you should be arrested for treason. If any of you have names pass them along and I'll take care of it.

Here are my thoughts on rule 6. If you moved from MI to TN in the 90's with Saturn and you currently support the preds you should be arrested for treason. If any of you have names pass them along and I'll take care of it.

hahaha my dad worked for fleetwood i think it was called in michigan. my mom the same. my aunt and uncle the same. we all moved down to tennessee when i was 2. My dad retired and my aunt and uncle worked for GM in bowling green. my uncle for the corvette and my aunt for Cadillac so i was in tennessee when nashville got a team and i never could bring myself to like them. and i never will. i hate the preds and i always will. =)

and number 5 kills me..hahahaha

Edited by Lint123

from a poster on the preds boards, he wrote it last summer, great piece. Please note #1 and #6...

====================================

10 Simple Rules for being a Nashville Predators Fan.

1. Everybody Else Sucks.

It's a rule. We all know how rules are. It really doesn't matter. Wayne Gretzky? He sucks. Mario? Ovechkin? Yzerman? Hull? They all suck(ed). The only POSSIBLE exception to this rule is Patrick Roy...because he coached Alexander Radulov last year.

All other teams in GEC also suck. The fact that they may be the defending Stanley Cup Champions does not change this. The fact that they may be the winningest franchise in NHL history does not change this. The fact that, on their way to the arena, they rescued a busload of nuns from the scene of a fiery crash caused by people gawking at them while they stopped a terrorist plot at the Batman building moments before, having arrived there in the nick of time to aide in the birth of premature sextuplents does not change this. They suck. The only exceptions to this rule are the Milwaukee Admirals and teams made up of children under the age of 10 who are putting on a demo during intermission.

Former Predators, no matter how fond our memories of them, suck. Cliff Ronning sucks. Scott Walker and Adam Hall now suck. Mike Dunham sets the standard for suckitude by which all others are measured. There are no exceptions to this rule. Yes, that means even Paul Kariya and Tomas Vokoun have the potential to suck.

2. David Poile is a Genius

Nobody ever said he was perfect. But he IS a genius. Sure, the guy has made a mistake or two....so did Einstein. Doesn't change the fact that he's a genius. He's built a winning hockey team in a city that, 10 years ago, couldn't MAKE ice...or, for that matter, spell it.

Sure...argue all you want about Jere Karalahti...just remember that the man not only found a way to unload Mike Dunham on some unsuspecting fool, but he got Marek Zidlicky in return.

Genius.

3. Real Hockey Fans Spend Time on the Boards

This is important.

It's not necessary that one post...or contribute...or even fluff.

You needn't suffer the rather aimless wanderings of BC...such as this post.

It is not required to understand...or even tollerate...statistical anlyses that would choke a horse from some nut in Wisconsin.

You do not need to have ever played the game, despite what the FHL crowd says.

Drinking Jack Daniels before, during, or after a game is optional.

You don't have to know who scoed the game winning goal...more importantly, you needn't know why.

You do not have to spend hours, days, weeks, months, nay YEARS expounding on why David Legwand does...or does not...suck. In fact, we'd really rather you didn't.

You DO, however, have to know what makes all of these things funny.

It's just part of the whole Pred-fan groove, man.

4. That Man Has No ****ing Neck

Yes, yes, we know. It's part of his charm.

5. Soft Dumps and Nice *****

Pete Weber and Terry Crisp are, without question, THE best broadcasting tandem in professional sports today.

You are not, and can not be, a true Predators Fan until you have spent some time simply chatting with these two. Doesn't matter where...in the concourse before games, out at public events, at one of 303's SlapShot parties, over lunch...wherever.

In as much as certain players have been said to "define what it means to be a Nashville Predator", they define what it means to be a Predator Fan. Their insights, descriptions, discussions, and broadcasts of games have, whether we realize it or not, shaped every one of us...and shaped how we see this team.

Quite simply put, if you are unable to describe Cale Hulse's manhood...well...you just aren't a Predators' fan.

6. We are unavoidably and inexplicably tied to the Detroit Red Wings

Yes. They suck. (See rule 1)

But any real Preds fan knows there is "something special" about the connection between these two. Maybe it's the fact that the Wings were responsible for a sizeable chunk of our original fan base. Maybe it's simply the knowledge that to be the best, you have to beat the best. Who knows.

But Preds fans understand that it just wouldn't have been right to have met anyone else in our first playoff series.

Preds fans understand that when they built a strange bond with opposing fans after watching Jiri Fischer collapse on the bench...it HAD to be the Wings.

And Preds fans know that, some how, some way, the hockey gods will see to it that when the Preds win their first Western Conference chmpionship...they'll have to beat Detroit to do it.

It's kismet...fate...whatever.

7. We have the rarist of opportunities

Preds fans get to watch a baby grow up. And we don't have to change diapers.

Ok, sure...we deal with the growing pains...and lord knows, we spend ridiculous amounts of money clothing and feeding the kid. And there is no doubt the kid has done (and will continue to do) some pretty stupid things.

But here we are, watching our child at the tender age of 9 already begin to accomplish some amazing things.

And even if the kid reaches 20...or 30...or 40...and still hasn't achieved its ultimate goal in life...it'll still be OUR KID.

8. Growth Hurts

(see #7 above)

Growth is not a painless process. Growth involves trying new things, exploring new possibilities. Growth involves tossing aside that which was "great" because it has, of late, become "not good enough". Growth means Scott Walker now sucks.

Shared pain makes us a family.

9. Our family is dysfunctional.

Some of us still think the Ronning trade was a bad idea. We still invite them to dinner, but only on special occaisions.

Some of us think the world revolves around Jordin Tootoo. We only invite them to dinner at obscure restaurants, as we lack the ability to prepare raw whale in our own homes.

Some of us STILL don't know who scored the game winning goal. We laugh about them over dinner.

NONE of us can agree on whether David Legwand sucks or not. What do you think we DISCUSS at dinner?

Some of us, inexplicably, think the Dunham trade was a bad idea. Forget dinner, these people have been disowned.

Some of us think "stupid penalties" are ok. Occaisionally we'll rationalize this over the dinner table by discussing the finer points of goaltender protection...or swooning over bruises.

A few of us simply don't get to the dinner table often enough to know WHAT we think. We're too busy serving our country, or heading off to college, or we live obscure places like Nunavut...or Wisconsin.

Some of us show up at the table with bottle in hand. Usually, somewhere between "consume" and "repeat", they manage to contribute to whatever argument is going on at the time.

A rather significant number of us are convinced the sky is falling. Hopefully, somwhere after predicting that we'll miss the playoffs, but well BEFORE predicting that the team will be moved, we manage to contact our lawyers and have them written out of the will.

And what have we learned from all of this?

"Functional" families are boring.

10. Expect the unexpected.

Bizzarre things follow this team around like lost puppy dogs.

The first time our team disputed a suspension handed down to one of our players...the case was argued by one of our former players.

Just this past season, we watched our BACKUP goaltender score a goal.

We once watched our OLYMPIC goaltender knock a puck into his own net...with his butt.

We watched Scott Walker (who sucks now, btw) score a hat trick...and then have it taken away...and then score it again.

We've heard Terry Crisp describe Cale Hulse's manhood...and heard Pete Weber unable to speak for 3 minutes afterwards.

Not only did we watch an apparently healthy opponent collapse on his bench with a heart problem, we've watched this team lose man-games to butt injuries caused by missed checks, back injuries caused by car wrecks, groin strains caused by golfing, and, in an apparent effort to one up ALL of these things, our goaltender ends his season by contracting a disease associated with sedentary pregnant women.

Predators fans simply understand...whatever it is that can't possibly happen, will.

What a load of s***. It's one thing to be a knowledgeable hockey fan that knows when a team sucks or not, but quite another to be a homer that says any other team sucks. I bleed red, and not just because I'm a normal human, but I would never sit here and tell you that the Predators suck. They obviously don't, and I don't need some stupid poster's manifest to tell me that. s***, I can look at the standings and tell you that.

Edited by rivieraillusions

Maybe he's just trying to say that they say that all teams suck. I highly doubt it's something to be taken really that seriously, so I wouldn't overreact too much.

Legionnaire doesn't need any defending, but if you frequent this site more in the future you'll probably see him in here every now and again, always makes down-to-earth knowledgable posts about the Preds and gives the Wings respect and all that good stuff.

The Wings do suck... I've never said anything else on here. I certainly don't like them by any stretch, really my least favorite team in the league.

But they're a great team, with a lot of great players who are also good guys. And there are a lot of great posters on here. So, what?

Now here is the problem!

Obviously the Wings do not suck. Anyone who argues against it has no hockey sense.

Positive criticism is well taken on this board, however, senseless talk has no place here!

Guest Tunbo Batman

well, your OPINION may be that the wings suck, but that opinion is proven objectively false by FACTS....heh.

1. Detroit is currently #1 in the Western conference.

2. The word "suck" means this (from dictionary.com): to be repellent or disgusting

3. Perhaps the Wings are repellent to Preds fans, but it's not for lack of talent, it's probably BECAUSE of our talent.

4. Jack Daniels sucks. Here's why: http://www.moderndrunkardmagazine.com/arch...s_rant_jack.htm

Never thought I'd see the day that Tunbo was defending me lol.

I can't wait until Saturday...

4 pt game with first place on the line.

Forsberg skating in his first Preds v Wings game.

A packed house on Broadway.

And to top it all off, 4 more meeting this season after that!

I agree, it's going to be A LOT of fun to watch. ( hopefully Hartnell gets his come-uppance for constantly running our goalies, I HATE that guy! :sly: )

Unfortunately the Wings will be playing a B2B game, which they have struggled severely this season. I believe they are 3-8 on the second night of the B2B. Here's hoping the Wings come out strong, and make a statement.

Hey Legionnaire..........the Preds Suck! :P

It's seems some people here don't understand your sarcasm. :D

Yeah I'm pretty sure that Legionnaire11 was kidding about rule number 1, expecially because of rule number 6 where he said that if you want to be the best you have to beat the best (Detroit). Its kinda like Wings fans saying Avs suck during the rivalry in the 90s, they didn't suck but we hated them, kinda like preds and wings hate eachother now, just not to that extreme extent. Never the less, it will be a fun game to watchj and... WINGS WILL WIN.

Why the heck do so many people take the "Red Wings Suck" line so seriously?

It's more of a cliche than anything because the team's been great for almost two decades now. Other fans know we don't "suck". It's a joke. It's said tongue-in-cheek most of the time anyway.

Wouldn't it be better to slyly quip back "Predators Swallow/Gargle/etc./etc." and keep the joke going?

Yeesh. n00bs.