• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Update on Holland's search for forwards.

Rate this topic

Alan Adams:

The St. Louis Blues have been offered a first-round pick and a prospect for Keith Tkachuk; and they've received the same offer for Bill Guerin. The Detroit Red Wings are taking a hard look at adding Guerin, knowing that Nashville (Peter Forsberg) and Calgary (Craig Conroy) have made additions that improved their lineups. Detroit is also looking at bringing Martin Lapointe back to the fold from the Chicago Blackhawks.

Detroit is also a player in the Todd Bertuzzi sweepstakes, as is Anaheim.

What if we got all three??? That would be COOL!!!! (as long as Bertuzzi can get healthy of course! )

What kind of numbers does Lapointe have this year?

We don't have the cap room. We can take on about $7 million in salary.

Lapointe has 11 goals and 6 assists this year in 59 games.

This is what the Prosportsdaily has shown today for what we're interested in. We got Tkachuck, Guerin, Roberts, Bertuzzi, Blake, Smyth, Stumpel and Carter. I'm not too keen on Stumpel or Roberts really, but the rest wouldn't be bad to pick up. what'd you guys think? http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nhl_rumors.html

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

I'm not understanding, does that mean the Wings have made those offers for both, or multiple teams have, with the Wings being in on Guerin?

Yeah...Is this article saying that the Wings have said offer(s), or that these are the current offer(s) on the table from any given team?

Yeah...Is this article saying that the Wings have said offer(s), or that these are the current offer(s) on the table from any given team?

I think Adams was stating the asking price for Guerin or Tkachuk, which is apparently a first rounder and a prospect.

Yeah, sportsnet is one of the sports networks up here- channel and all.

I'd say they're no more or less reliable then TSN.

From what I've seen, I lean towards less reliable. Sportsnet likes to be first, whereas TSN usually waits until they can report the correct news. That and one employs McKenzie and the other Eklund...

This is what the Prosportsdaily has shown today for what we're interested in. We got Tkachuck, Guerin, Roberts, Bertuzzi, Blake, Smyth, Stumpel and Carter. I'm not too keen on Stumpel or Roberts really, but the rest wouldn't be bad to pick up. what'd you guys think? http://www.prosportsdaily.com/nhl_rumors.html

Meh, Carter is the same as Willy only he had more of a pedigree coming out of State. Roberts trains like Chelios does and the guys a tank; he broke his neck a few years ago and came back like nothing happened. You want a guy who brings it in the playoffs like Yzerman? Roberts is your man. The Wings have no need for Stumpel unless they unload Lang and frankly, I think the two are interchangable as a 2nd/3rd line center. I really think Smyth is not going to happen; the Oilers fans are grousing about the deal they made already, giving up a defenseman who was leading all their D in points for peanuts; if they move Smyth there'd be a riot at the Northlands Coliseum (I don't care if they do call it Rexall, it'all always be the Northlands, dammit!). Smyth will go the route of Sergei just so the organization can save face.

Bert intrigues me the same way Murphy intrigued me in '97. Could a change of scenery and a different, less-bruising system rejuvinate his career? Or will he Krupp out on the Wings? Methinks Hudler is too much for a guy who hasn't played meaningful hockey in months and could be emotionally ruined. Guerin's the safe play but they'd likely want a guy like Kronner or Kindl and there is no way you give up solid d-men or d prospects for a pending UFA unless they lock him up. Even if they do, he's not 31, you're looking at one, maybe two years tops out of him before he flames out. Let me pose it this way -- if the Wings had dealt for Hull, not knowing he would be integral to winning the Cup, would we have been happy with Kronner or Kindl and a 1st for him?

There is no way Tkachuk warrants a prospect and a 1st. He has the same number of goals as Homer, is a playoff bust on a scale that makes Datsyuk look productive in the post-season, is a pending UFA and is a mental case who takes bad penalties. I'd offer Willy or Sammy and a 2nd for him and tell Davidson to cram it with walnuts if that't not enough.

This should be interesting. Holland is bound to make a move and I wouldn't mind to overpay for a player like Tkachuk, Guerin or Bertuzzi. I also wouldn't mind Lapointe. He should come cheap, which makes it easier to swallow his $2.4 M contract for next season. Okay Holland, don't screw this up by trading for Carter or Stumpel now you hear me?!

Marty brings nothing special that we don't get from someone like Franzen. He's a 2-mil a year grinder. No thanks.

except he has won a cup, playoff experience, proven clutch player, will stand up for team mates, better offensive side

Is it just me, or did the article not actually say that Detroit is the team that has made the offers for Tkachuk and Guerin. It just says that offers have been made offers and that Detroit is a team interested in them. The wording is pretty ambiguous and doesn't necessarily state that Detroit made offers for them.

The authority reports thus:

In the meantime, GMs used the rest of their downtime to continue trade talks. Detroit Red Wings GM Ken Holland was seen having a quiet moment with St. Louis Blues GM Larry Pleau amid speculation that Blues winger Keith Tkachuk and Bill Guerin - both unrestricted free agents July 1 - are both up for sale.

''The prices are a bit high right now,'' Holland said. ''I've done a lot of talking, but nothing yet.''