• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

New Canucks Uniforms Next Season

Rate this topic

It was only a matter of time, I think. They introduced the 3rd jersey this year and it had been getting great feedback. The colors are unique in the league as well. No other Blue and Green..

Now we just gotta wait for the Whalers to come back. :idea:

Guest Tunbo Batman

not as ugly as some mustard-colored pieces of s*** i can think of, but not so great. why do they keep changing? thats their 6th logo in less then 40 years.

Guest Crymson

From cyberbuzz:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like them. They're an improvement over their current jerseys, IMO.

No kidding. I liked their old uniforms WAAAY better. The super-old ones--from the Bure days--were even better, IMO.

No kidding. I liked their old uniforms WAAAY better. The super-old ones--from the Bure days--were even better, IMO.

those are there original colors with the orignal crest, there 3rd is actually a throw back., the old ones from the bure days we're an off shoot of the dreaded dreaded chevron of doom jerseys that have gone down as one of the ugliest in history

Edited by theman19

Thank god they going back to the 70's style. Way better then the shark c whatever lame jerseys they have. Although the fade to red wasn't that bad. I don't like the dark jerseys though because that logo is lame.

This makes me wonder btw, with the end of the third jerseys which ones will be kept?

I hope that the Wild keep their third jersey as their home, and that Nashville lets those baby s*** yellow things go away forever.

Canucks management worries more about the increased cash on sold jerseys than if it is nicer than the previous version. They expect that fans will buy the new ones now.

If I was a Canuck fan, I would be quite upset with buying a new jersey every fifth year. Red Wings fans may have the same jersey for couple of decades.

As for the jerseys, they look cool IMO.

Johnny Canuck was a Canadian cartoon hero and superhero who was created as a political cartoon in 1869 and was later re-invented, first in 1942, then in 1975.

Johnny Canuck was created as a national personification of Canada. He first appeared in early political cartoons dating to 1869 where he was portrayed as a younger cousin of the United States' Uncle Sam and Britain's John Bull. Depicted as a wholesome, if simple-minded, fellow in the garb of a habitant, farmer, logger, rancher or soldier, he often resisted the bullying of John Bull or Uncle Sam. For thirty years, he was a staple of editorial cartoonists. Then, in the early twentieth century, he faded from view.

The character re-emerged during World War II in the February 1942 issue of Bell's Dime Comics No.1. Cartoonist Leo Bachle created the character as a teenager, apparently on a challenge from a Bell executive. Initially, Johnny Canuck had no superpowers. Bachle explained:

I drew Johnny Canuck and he had my face, and everybody at my school (Danforth Tech) read it, and I was popular. I drew the teachers, and all the kids read the books to see whose name I was going to mention.

Johnny Canuck's cartoon exploits helped Canada fight against Nazism. Like Captain America, he met Adolf Hitler and almost single-handedly ended the war.

The use of such stock figures diminished in popularity after World War II. However, in 1975, a new comic book character, Captain Canuck, emerged. Created by Richard Comely (who was unaware of the earlier Johnny Canuck character) Captain Canuck was a superhero rather than just a hero, he wore red tights, and bore a red maple leaf emblazoned on his forehead.

In 1995, Canada Post issued a series of Canadian postage stamps celebrating Canada’s comic-book superheroes.1 Johnny Canuck is depicted as he appeared in the comic books, dressed in flight jacket, goggles, leather headgear and boots. Johnny Canuck is linked to a tradition of stalwart, honest, upstanding Canadian heroes.

In January 2006, "Johnny Canuck and the Last Burlesque," a musical comedy, premiered at the Mainline Theatre in Montreal. The play, created by Jeremy Hechtman and Patrick Goddard, concerned the post-World War II life of Johnny Canuck and his adventures as a burlesque star. The play starred Aarron Turner as the sexually naive Johnny Canuck.

So, as you can see, he was a pretty cool guy :zzz: The colors are fine but the JC logo is a pathetic attempt at looking vintage and now likely becomes the worst logo in the NHL next to the Ducks "Tiny Word" logo (if they would just change it to the duck foot alone). Seriously guys, it sucks...it looks like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. And the jerseys are very generic striping, as though RBK sent a template and they just plugged in the colors. The NHL is headed downhill fast.

edit: Is that the HNIC logo around the Tom and Jerry, or what?

Edited by shadow47

Hate 'em. Never liked the rink-and-stick logo, it's the product of laziness, not cleverness. The only cool thing is the return to blue and green, but frankly the Canucks never looked better than when they wore the flying skate. Between the ugly giant V, the weird rink-and-stick, and the orca logo, the Canucks have almost always been one of the worst-dressed teams in the league. I want the flying skate back.

Johnny Canuck was a Canadian cartoon hero and superhero who was created as a political cartoon in 1869 and was later re-invented, first in 1942, then in 1975.

Johnny Canuck was created as a national personification of Canada. He first appeared in early political cartoons dating to 1869 where he was portrayed as a younger cousin of the United States' Uncle Sam and Britain's John Bull. Depicted as a wholesome, if simple-minded, fellow in the garb of a habitant, farmer, logger, rancher or soldier, he often resisted the bullying of John Bull or Uncle Sam. For thirty years, he was a staple of editorial cartoonists. Then, in the early twentieth century, he faded from view.

The character re-emerged during World War II in the February 1942 issue of Bell's Dime Comics No.1. Cartoonist Leo Bachle created the character as a teenager, apparently on a challenge from a Bell executive. Initially, Johnny Canuck had no superpowers. Bachle explained:

I drew Johnny Canuck and he had my face, and everybody at my school (Danforth Tech) read it, and I was popular. I drew the teachers, and all the kids read the books to see whose name I was going to mention.

Johnny Canuck's cartoon exploits helped Canada fight against Nazism. Like Captain America, he met Adolf Hitler and almost single-handedly ended the war.

The use of such stock figures diminished in popularity after World War II. However, in 1975, a new comic book character, Captain Canuck, emerged. Created by Richard Comely (who was unaware of the earlier Johnny Canuck character) Captain Canuck was a superhero rather than just a hero, he wore red tights, and bore a red maple leaf emblazoned on his forehead.

In 1995, Canada Post issued a series of Canadian postage stamps celebrating Canada’s comic-book superheroes.1 Johnny Canuck is depicted as he appeared in the comic books, dressed in flight jacket, goggles, leather headgear and boots. Johnny Canuck is linked to a tradition of stalwart, honest, upstanding Canadian heroes.

In January 2006, "Johnny Canuck and the Last Burlesque," a musical comedy, premiered at the Mainline Theatre in Montreal. The play, created by Jeremy Hechtman and Patrick Goddard, concerned the post-World War II life of Johnny Canuck and his adventures as a burlesque star. The play starred Aarron Turner as the sexually naive Johnny Canuck.

So, as you can see, he was a pretty cool guy :zzz: The colors are fine but the JC logo is a pathetic attempt at looking vintage and now likely becomes the worst logo in the NHL next to the Ducks "Tiny Word" logo (if they would just change it to the duck foot alone). Seriously guys, it sucks...it looks like a Tom and Jerry cartoon. And the jerseys are very generic striping, as though RBK sent a template and they just plugged in the colors. The NHL is headed downhill fast.

edit: Is that the HNIC logo around the Tom and Jerry, or what?

I did not know that, I was always wondering where they got the Name Canucks!!!! That is an awesome story, now it all makes sense. Awesome Post :clap:

From cyberbuzz:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I like them. They're an improvement over their current jerseys, IMO.

i like them, the only thing i would change is the home jersey would have the same logo as the away jersey. then they would be really cool

Thank god they going back to the 70's style. Way better then the shark c whatever lame jerseys they have. Although the fade to red wasn't that bad. I don't like the dark jerseys though because that logo is lame.

This makes me wonder btw, with the end of the third jerseys which ones will be kept?

I hope that the Wild keep their third jersey as their home, and that Nashville lets those baby s*** yellow things go away forever.

Minny does plan on using the red jersey next year and ditching the green one. Which is a pity, as there are seven teams currently wearing red but just three (if you count San Jose's teal) that wear green. With 20 teams wearing either black or blue at home, the league could stand more color variety.

And I agree with whoever said the new Canucks threads look like a Reebok template. In fact they look just like the quotation marks practice jerseys, with a few extra stripes thrown in to look all futurey. Despite the change to a better color combo, the logos are stupid as is the practice of using two separate logos for home and away jerseys. Boo to the change.