• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Kelly Chase: Wings 'very interested' in Mayers

Rate this topic

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Dunno which thread I read this in but somebody said the Blues want a second round pick and a mid-level prospect.

I for one would jump all over this.

Mayers has good speed, decent skills, he's a great checker, likes to hit, likes to fight and sticks up for his teammates. He'd look real nice on a 3rd or 4th line running around hitting people.

6-2, 220 lbs I love it.

On a lighter note, check out his NHL.com profile pic, he looks like a young and skinnier Donald Brashear.

Everybody is looking at Guerin or Jokinen or Jagr and yes, we've had some problems scoring in years past and we don't particularly seem like the powerhouse offense of years past. But I think we really ought to be looking at a 2nd, 3rd tier player Mayers to add that much need grit factor.

That's too bad. He'd be perfect with Drapes and Maltby, and Franzen's looked good enough on the 2nd line (though that isn't saying much) to give him a shot at improving Lang and Cleary/Calder.

Kelly Chase (Blues Color Commentator): "I know that the Red Wings are very interested in Jamal Mayers."

Mayers is currently kicking around a contract extension offer from the Blues, but could still be dealt...

I'd love to have him provided the price is right.

Have we ever had a WMU Bronco on the Wings?

West Side! ......... Yes I know he's Canadian.

edit: clarity

I was wondering the same thing...that WOULD be cool to get some 'Zoo/Hockeytown connection going there.

You can't give up a prospect and a pick for Mayers. JD will own the league if he gets what he's asking for on all of these trades. For Mayers, it's pick or prospect, not both.

That said, I would love to see him in the Winged Wheel. He does embody what we need. We just can't be held hostage to get him.

Edited by CloudConnected

Leafs have offered the Gary Roberts package to the Blues for Mayers....

2nd round pick, 4th round pick and either Staffan Kronwall or Brendan Bell

Think JFJ's panicking a little bit? That's a lot to give up for a grinder. I think Bell actually has some upside.

the Blues are holding everyone to ransom

Hmmm, sure seems that way doesn't it? Oh well just another reason to hate them, I would love to see what their brainless following are saying on thier message boards....

it's just at this rate they're not going to be able to move Guerin, Mayers, etc because of the prices..

way too high for what others seem to be going for,.

Think JFJ's panicking a little bit? That's a lot to give up for a grinder. I think Bell actually has some upside.

Oh, he's in survival mode for sure. I'm scared to death to see how badly he screws up today.

Bell has upside, they just have no room for him.

Oh, he's in survival mode for sure. I'm scared to death to see how badly he screws up today.

Bell has upside, they just have no room for him.

I know a lot of people on these boards feel the same way about Kenny. I'm just worried about Kenny doing something else just for the sake of doing it. We shall see though.

I know a lot of people on these boards feel the same way about Kenny. I'm just worried about Kenny doing something else just for the sake of doing it. We shall see though.

Yeah, but Fergie is doing it to save his job. If he can't get them to the playoffs, he'll be long gone.

I can't say I blame him, I'd do the same if I had absolutely no job security.

If Mayers is the only guy we get today, I'm happy/satisfied. He'd be worth a mid-level prospect and a 2nd round pick.

Adding both Calder and Mayers at the deadline would be excellent. Let our West rivals over pay for Betruzzi, Tkachuk, and Guerin.

Looks like it's the Leafs... still unconfirmed.

The Leafs? :puke:

Looks like the Blues didnt want their guys hanging around in the division.

Understandable. Hopefully before blaming Holland for missing out, people will realize that St. Louis probably didn't want Tkachuk, Guerin, and Mayers traded to the Central Division.