• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
grsbmd

Waivers after Deadline

Rate this topic

With Todd Bertuzzi in, we have one fewer roster spot. So it looks like one of Hudler Filpulla or Kopecky is going to be the odd man out when everyone gets healthy. Can we send one them to the minors without having them being claimed by another team?

Actually, we can't send down EITHER Kopecky or Hudler, from what I recall.

Filppula can go down without being subjected to waivers, but we don't need to send anyone anywhere, they'd just be healthy scratches... you can carry 23 players and dress 20:

Datsyuk-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Maltby-Draper-Franzen

Cleary-Flip-Sammy

(Scratch: Hudler, Kopecky)

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

(Scratch: Lilja)

Hasek

Osgood

-------

So THAT'S where Joey MacDonald's roster spot was going!

I thought Kopecky was done until like April, but not necessarily phoning it in for the season... however, if he is done for the season, just replace him on my little chart with Langfeld or Ellis or something...

Either way, it's a Flip/Huds debate.

I thought Kopecky was done until like April, but not necessarily phoning it in for the season... however, if he is done for the season, just replace him on my little chart with Langfeld or Ellis or something...

Either way, it's a Flip/Huds debate.

i don;t think so.

Flip is going to be #4th line centre no matter what..

it's going to be between Hudler and Sammy as HS i think..

I would replace Maltby with Cleary and put Huddles into Cleary's spot in your lines. That would work.

Datsyuk-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Cleary-Draper-Franzen

Hudler-Flip-Sammy

(Scratch: Maltby, Kopecky - IR or insert fave Griffin here)

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

That's one bad ass fourth line

Edited by BigTex

I really don't think they'll bench either Samuelsson or Maltby. I'd LOVE to have both Hudler and Filppula in the games, but Sammy and Maltby are getting paid a hell of a lot more and Maltby's got the 3 Cup experience. It'll be tough to make a case of benching Maltby for Hudler.

I wish there was a way you could dress 'em all, but ya can't. Not to mention, I'm sure that SOMEONE will get injured SOMEWHERE along the way... there's no guarantee that all Top 20 players are good to go at the same time.

As long as it ain't Lilja, right??

I would replace Maltby with Cleary and put Huddles into Cleary's spot in your lines. That would work.

Datsyuk-Z-Homer

Calder-Lang-Bert

Cleary-Draper-Franzen

Hudler-Flip-Sammy

(Scratch: Maltby, Kopecky - IR or insert fave Griffin here)

Lidstrom-Markov

Schneider-Kronwall

Lebda-Chelios

Hasek

Osgood

That's one bad ass fourth line

Cleary is out (for a month or so I believe...sprained knee?)...and Maltby is a hell of a defensive foward so he stays in the lineup

brutus

They'll probably send Filp down. He's been doing great, but I don't think they'll waive Hudler and/or scratch any of our roster players. Filp can go down without clearing waivers and probably will have to when everyone's healthy.

Yeah, I forgot about the Cleary injury. We've got just the right number of guys then. Probably an injury here or there and we can plug one of the guys coming back from injury in. A great position to be in, ask any Sabres fan.

Now that the deadline has passed, you still have to follow the salary cap, but you can carry as many players on the roster as you want as long as you don't go over the cap. (Ken Daniels said that during tonights game), I didn't even know that!!! :thumbup:

Anyway, Lanfeld will be sent down to GR.

And Hudler will be scratched on most nights. Unless there's an injury.

It's the playoffs, there's NO WAY Maltby get's scratched.

I think it will be:

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer

Calder - Lang - Bertuzzi

Maltby - Draper - Cleary

Franzen - Filpulla - Samuelson

Hudler

Franzen on the fourth line to give it some muscle.

Franzenstein has been playing very well, but I do like that idea of putting him on the 4th line. Rolling 4 strong lines would be a GREAT thing in the playoffs.

I would rather scratch Maltby than Hudler.

Hudler is a natural scorer who, despite his size, can play in traffic.

Maltby has become redundant on this team...his decline combined with the rise of guys like Franzen, Cleary, Zetterberg has put him firmly in the 'spare part' category. Put Hudler with Lang and Bertuzzi, Calder with Flip and Sammy, and Cleary and Franzen with Draper. Maltby can be the best (and most expensive) 13th forward in the NHL.