• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
brutus

Pregame rituals/habits/taboos

Rate this topic

I just saw the thread on the preds and someone mentioned about not walking on the logos, not letting jerseys touch the ground etc....just wondering what the player folks around here do or don't do pregame...or if there are any known rituals of NHLers.

Thought it might make for a good change of pace from the stress of the so-and-so sucks threads, trade deadline threads and the upcoming playoffs...feel free to share! Release your quirks and oddities!

Mine is kinda boring but I always put the left of anything on first...socks, pads, arm in the jersey etc... I also talk to my stick before the game...but what I say is between us :)

brutus

edit: tried to remove the extraneous 's' in habits but failed

Edited by brutus

Mine is kind of weird too. I buy a gatorade or powerade before every game, and I use quarters. The quarters, however, I store in my left shoe on my way to the rink. :blush: I did that one time and scored 4 goals so I have done it ever since.

Mine is simple, I throw in a fat chaw, get dressed to the skates, tape up the lumber and relax before warm ups. Also if i buy a new stick (around twice a month) i'll lay it next to me in bed.... dont tell the wifey boys. :cool:

Easy. I kiss the forehead of my Mask and tap the blade of the paddle on top of my head. The first time I tried it, i got credited for 43 saves in a Shutout, and I've been doing it since.

I also talk to my stick before the game...but what I say is between us :)

I should try that, it might help me score more. seriously.

I try and get all my equipment on quickly and then just sit down and zone out. I never play road hockey or any other sports within 5 hours of game time (thats a no brainer though)

I got the Hockey News one time and it had a thing about traditions and rituals.

-Draper has to be first on the ice and last off.

-Most players layout out their equipment first in specific order (Roy did that I think???)

-Some players (ie: K. Huselius) spends over 2 hours curving and taping his game day stick

-Of course Cheevers had his scars on his helmet

-Most teams play that soccer game (trying to keep the ball up)

I don't really have any rituals myself but I read that Roy would have a steak dinner and a nap before each game.

Seems like my girlfriend and I did it before the game that where I scored a hat trick so maybe I should try that again, lol.

I don't play hockey, but on Wings game days I don't shave or even get a hair cut and during the playoffs I don't wear any Wings merchandise, or shave or get a haircut on game days, kinda of wierd but I feel it works!! :blush: