• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Leafs lose Kaberle

Rate this topic

Leafs D Tomas Kaberle was taken off the ice on a stretcher after a late hit by Devils enforcer Cam Janssen.

Not only was it a late hit, but it was an elbow, and Janssen left his feet to deliver the hit. No call.

Expect a suspension on this one. Oh by the way, the reason Janssen was running around taking runs at a star player like Kaberle is because Wade Belak is a scratch tonight. Me thinks he won't be in 18 days when these two teams meet again.

Kaberle was taken to hospital, but no word on injuries.

(Oh, and Brodeur is 20 minutes away from another shutout)

Edited by MacK_Attack

Man, not only was it a cheap hit but Kaberle spun around and hit the boards head first :crazy: Hope hes O.K. I don`t think its anything too serious.

He'll have a concussion, so he'll have to sit out at least seven days.

So Mack, how is the situation in Toronto right now? Has the level of panic gone off the charts yet?

Nah, they're pretty much where everyone expected them to be. Just waiting for Fergie to get his pink slip.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

anybody have a link to video of the hit...sounds pretty dirty... :thumbdown:

Sorry, no clip but that's about one of the most blatantly late hits i've ever seen. The strange thing is Kaberle was facing Janssen the whole time so it wasn't like he didn't see him coming. It was more of Kaberle probably not being prepared to get hit as who the hell would think they were going to get hit that long after they released the puck. Definitely a suspension coming for this one.

As for a guy that most people hate around here but I love. Darcy Tucker who must be injured or whatever came out of the tunnel and was jawing back and forth with Janssen. I love that. Tucker saw it on the tv and ran out to say something. The wings need more "team" guys like that. Anyway, I just thought it was cool that Tucker would come out and at least get into a verbal sparring match with Janssen.

Just saw it in the highlights, pretty dirty hit. Kind of looked like it was his shoulder though he was definitely head hunting. I suspect a suspension though it was alot of bad luck for Kaberle to go into the boards like that. Either way I like how Tucker was jarring at Janssen even though he wasn't even uniformed to play.

Guest Tunbo Batman

s***. kaberle is their (2nd) best player. i want them to make the playoffs instead of those stupid habs.

also, good for the devils that they lost ocntrol of the game. f***ers.

I'm hoping for an interesting rematch on the 20th in Toronto especially if the league does nothing to punish Janssen.

s***. kaberle is their (2nd) best player. i want them to make the playoffs instead of those stupid habs.

also, good for the devils that they lost ocntrol of the game. f***ers.

im with you on that ... go leafs go

I can tell ya now that Janssen can take on pretty much any guy in the league. He's not scared of Wade Belak.

I didn't see the hit, but from what I hear it was pretty cheap.