• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

kovatsyuk

Alex Kovalev's amazing accuracy clip! WOW I'm speechless

Rate this topic

To be honest with all of you, his stick handling and puck play was fancy, but I can pretty much put the puck exactly where he did except for that last part where he is on one knee and is lobbing the puck into the air, too far for me. Anyone can do it with a little practice + eye/hand cooridination.

Edited by Rivalred

To be honest with all of you, his stick handling and puck play was fancy, but I can pretty much put the puck exactly where he did except for that last part where he is on one knee and is lobbing the puck into the air, too far for me. Anyone can do it with a little practice + eye/hand cooridination.

Well said! I've seen guys doing this before... and I'm sure many could if they took the time.

The one-wristed shots and ice-level lobs just up the difficulty. But the first is more about strength in your wrist and focus than anything. The accuracy and consistency he's got otherwise in the clip... it's really nothing.

I dont think thats true at all.

This isnt street hockey where a bunch of people are trying their luck lobbing balls on top of the net 5 week away.

He's actually at center ice and picks which corner the puck is gonna land on and lands it exactly where he sais he will.

Its really not as easy you may think it is. Can you imagine how far he is away from the net? Like a hundred feet away.

I dont think thats true at all.

This isnt street hockey where a bunch of people are trying their luck lobbing balls on top of the net 5 week away.

He's actually at center ice and picks which corner the puck is gonna land on and lands it exactly where he sais he will.

Its really not as easy you may think it is. Can you imagine how far he is away from the net? Like a hundred feet away.

You quoted me, but I do not think you read or understood my posts... It clearly says except for the last part where he is far away....

:rolleyes:

Guest Crymson

Kovalev is indeed quite great. He's got perhaps the world's best stickhandling abilities.

It's really too bad that he's also a complete primadonna, and that those abilities are doing nothing for him this year.

I could probably do the wrist shots near the net and be comparably accurate, though obviously mine don't have the power his has.

No way could I do the one-handed backhanders though, those are crazy hard.

Picking corners with slap-shots from center ice? Uh...no. I have a hard shot (again no where near Kovalev's), but from that distance, my accuracy consists of just getting it on net.

And attempting to land the puck on top of the net is ridiculously hard. I've never even thought to try that, let alone from center ice.

Edited by TheUltimateWingsFan

I could probably do the wrist shots near the net and be comparably accurate, though obviously mine don't have the power his has.

No way could I do the one-handed backhanders though, those are crazy hard.

Picking corners with slap-shots from center ice? Uh...no. I have a hard shot (again no where near Kovalev's), but from that distance, my accuracy consists of just getting it on net.

And attempting to land the puck on top of the net is ridiculously hard. I've never even thought to try that, let alone from center ice.

And from your knees lol.

Damn that was impressive!! Not only did he back-hand it with one hand into the top right-hand corner, but the left one as well. I'm sure he isn' the only player to do that while messing around, but that was a badass video to see nonetheless.

Thanks for sharing!