• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

3/13 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Guest GodofHockeyStevieY19

Seriously, Nashville should just bow to the mighty mighty Detroit Red Wings. ******* bow.

Link or lose it, Hudsonvillian...

what? '97 SCF.. u know, the wings first cup in a long time.... Kocur had a steal from the blueline and faked the goalie out just like flipper did

Edited by rwfan007

NHL.com Three Stars of the Game:

#1 Rex Hudler (:P)

#2 Kyle Calder

#3 Chris Osgood

I would have said

#1 Calder (1G, 2A) and just plain kick-ass

#2 Rexie (1G 1A) behind Calder's on Lang's goal

#3 Ozzie because he deserves it :thumbup:

Edited by puckloo39

what? '97 SCF game 4... u know, the wings first cup in a long time... there was only 2 wings goals in the game... Kocer and Mac's beauty

nope. lids got the 1st goal. slapper from the blue line under a minute left in the 1st.

can somebody post what babs says after the game? i have center ice and can't watch. i'd be interested if he makes any comments about the officiating.

yes, please... I have Center Ice, Dats, and they cut the feed off the instant the game is over. We don't see pre or post game either.

I would be interested to hear if Babs has some choice words, too. :angry:

I would have said

#1 Calder (1G, 2A) and just plain kick-ass

#2 Rexie (1G 1A) behind Calder's on Lang's go

#3 Ozzie because he deserves it :thumbup:

for me it would of been

#1 Ozzie he stole the show for us and played great on the pk for us which was the whole 3rd period pretty much

#2 Calder he played his best game as a wing so far i think

#3 Rex played solid

a few thoughts:

the refs never cease to amaze me with their sh*tiness. calder is a badass. as is flip. ozzie played great.

i agree, i usually hate to complain about refs (especially in a win!!) but they were terrible tonight. i feel the last few games, actually, the refs have been favoring our opposition.

what? '97 SCF game 4... u know, the wings first cup in a long time... there was only 2 wings goals in the game... Kocur and Mac's beauty

I think Joey's goal was in game 1. Game 4 was Nick from the point early and then Mac's dangle.

For the first half of the game (well, most of it overall) the Predators controlled play 5-on-5. It was aided by a BAD discrepency in the penalty-calling (some of it was undiciplined -- and some of it was undiciplined and justified) so the Wings were shorthanded frequently in the 1st and 3rd period.

I guess the best way to look at it is that the Red Wings played a gritty (!) game that -- despite giving up 2 goals -- was strong on the penalty kill when it counted and when they did get scoring opportunities they closed the deal.

Osgood came up with the big stops when needed.

Very high marks for Kyle Calder and Valtteri Filppula -- Flip especially -- as both had their hard hats on and went to work all night. (I'm still surprised some people were so upset about the Williams swap for Calder... Has this guy been dynamite or what?)

Basically, it was the kind of effort expected after laying that egg on Sunday.

Great! Thanks..

Okay my thoughts on the game. 10 of them, how convienent.

1. Lilja was responsible for both goals against us. I am not one to bash on one player, but he really didn't do much today.

2. Cheli, you cannot get a holding the stick to put us down two men. Your the most vet guy there is, play like it please.

3. Ozzie looked great, I have no worries about our goaltending situation. We got two of the best.

4. Our team has little energy, but big bursts. I cannot worry more about the drive without Zetter, Franzen, and Cleary. We need these guys back.

5. Erat goes down, I couldn't be more happy.

6. Tootoo is going to hurt someone, I hope it is himself.

7. Calder might be the best pickup I have seen outside of Smyth on the Isle. Lang is playing way better, and its Calder you should thank.

8.These refs suck.

9. Bert has to come back strong just so he can smack those punks around.

10. I will never go see a game in Nashville. Terrible country music, stupid "me too" fish throwing that makes no sense, stupid fans who boo nothing, some crazy jerk with a whistle they wouldn't stop blowing, and the ugliest people you ever saw in a hockey rink(those jeresys can only be blamed for some of it too!!).

Nashville doesn't deserve an NHL franchise, I'll say it over and over and over again.

Edited by Majsheppard

My thoughts on the game tonight.

- # 1 story has to be the referees, and how sad is that considering this was a 1st place battle, bad calls against both teams; the Red Wings just had more go against them.

- Calder continues to shine as a Wing. What can I say, except I love what this guy brings to the Wings.

- Zidlicky was a minus 5 for Nashville - ouch!

- Finally, some very solid goaltending from Ozzie, especially in the 3rd period.

Oh yeah, one more thing; add Filppula to the shoot out roster!

well the D needs to still learn how to clear the puck other than that great offenseive explosion at the end :clap:

Go get em Wings! :siren: