• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Herr Hockey

Only a dream?

Rate this topic

Yeah, I am not at all a fan of his new mask... I think it is nothing but a big ol' cup of fugly!

Too bad he is going to change the helmet.

I will post some pictures a little bit later tonight... Yeah the article had some pics of it at the bottom. Unfortuantly, it is much better in theory (hearing about it) than in reality (actually seeing it).

Edited by OsGOD

It was talked about a couple months ago because Ozzie only has his current helmet left and they aren't making his kind anymore. He was saying that if something happened to his he'd wear the type of helmet Hasek has.

I really can't see him in any other helmet. It's not him. Ozzie is the only goalie in the league that wears that bird cage styled mask and I absolutely love it. It's one of a kind.

Doesn't Cloutier wear the same thing?

Yeah, I am not at all a fan of his new mask... I think it is nothing but a big ol' cup of fugly!

Too bad he is going to change the helmet.

I will post some pictures a little bit later tonight... Yeah the article had some pics of it at the bottom. Unfortuantly, it is much better in theory (hearing about it) than in reality (actually seeing it).

agreed..it's pretty ugly.

It was talked about a couple months ago because Ozzie only has his current helmet left and they aren't making his kind anymore. He was saying that if something happened to his he'd wear the type of helmet Hasek has.

I really can't see him in any other helmet. It's not him. Ozzie is the only goalie in the league that wears that bird cage styled mask and I absolutely love it. It's one of a kind.

I would think for the pro level they would make Oz whatever helmet he wants. No?

Simple. Understated. Completely UN-flashy. More than a little Old School in appearance.

LOL....

How very typical of Chris Osgood.

***Edit: Does the article include a shot of the back of the lid, where the Wings Logo is located?

Edited by Outsider

It's not that bad looking actually, IMO. I mean, it's different, but just take some getting used to seeing Oz wearing it. I want to see a picture of the back of it also. Paying tribute to those guys is pretty cool too I think.

There's an article about this in the latest Inside Hockeytown. It said Ozzy has wanted to paint his mask in the past but his helmet material doesn't mesh well with the paint. The new helmet is Hasek-style. It says "Red Wings" across the front and "Ozzy" and his two daughters' names on the back. The sides have likenesses of Sawchuk and Crozier. Ozzy says we should see it soon. It was a great article on the history of goalie-helmet-painting.

Personally, I like the plain red helmet for Ozzy.

edit: P.S. I was surprised by the article when they said he spelled his nickname with the "y" instead of "ie".

The Inside Hockeytown with Cleary on the cover? I went to a game in February and got that, and then when I went back earlier this month against the Preds they were selling the same Cleary one. They said it would be for two months! But I don't see Ozzie anywhere in it. Unless they just started selling the new one recently? Who's on the cover?

Found the publication:

Inside Hockeytown

March/April 2007

The Issue is called "The Rookies: Adding Punch to Motown's Lineup"

And it has Flip, Huddles, and Kopecky on the cover

Just to give people a perspective on the padding thing, fitting the padding is THE hardest part of replacing the old plastic helmets with carbon fibre/kevlar ones. The problem is that the Cooper helmets had a mold for the helmet and a machine cut for the foam, that made sure the sizes were standardized. The Warwick and other versions, the padding is handcut so it won't feel the same. Also, the Rubatex padding in the SK2000 hardens over time, so new padding feels different. The Warwick helmet is also noticeably heavier, and since it is molded off of Hasek's helmet, might be slightly different in length than Ozzies current bucket (the SK's adjust in length). Also, since the Warwick helmets are completely stiff, they do not comform to your head the way the thin plastic SK2000 does (think leather football helmets compared to now). This makes padding the mask differently necessary b/c it will not HUG YOUR HEAD the way a Cooper helmet did to stay tight, you've got to put a touch more foam in. This will always make the helmet feel different in addition to the weight and the contact points (which if you can believe, DO matter and affect overall feel, contact points are where the helmet fits the tightest and are the main stabilizing areas in the padding). I can attest as someone who is used to a Cooper SK moving to a CustomMadeMasks ghosted SK2000, it is a difficult transition.

I believe Huds, and the youngins are on the cover, but Brandon has moved it and I can't find it right now...

N/M I see you found it... Clever Girl ;)

Edited by OsGOD

You know what..im actually starting to like it a bit. I guess I have to see it ON him first but it doesn't look so bad. I can definitely get use to it. I think it's great that he's putting Ozzie and then his two daughters' names on the back. Very cute.

You know what..im actually starting to like it a bit. I guess I have to see it ON him first but it doesn't look so bad. I can definitely get use to it. I think it's great that he's putting Ozzie and then his two daughters' names on the back. Very cute.

I gotta say, it's not my favorite, but I could get used to it. 2 great DRW goalie on the helmet, and 1 in it...I like that symbolism :D

Reems, if you want me to get the magazine for you tonight we could work something out if you're not going to any other games, I also think it's available at Hockeytown Authentics...pm me.

I gotta say, it's not my favorite, but I could get used to it. 2 great DRW goalie on the helmet, and 1 in it...I like that symbolism :D

Reems, if you want me to get the magazine for you tonight we could work something out if you're not going to any other games, I also think it's available at Hockeytown Authentics...pm me.

You're such a sweetie! I'm sending you a pm. :D