• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sayalaska

Sergei Fedorov boos

Rate this topic

You are right, the booing is a part of the game. Booing the opposition as a a whole, or particular players for what they did in the game, or in recent memory. Booing a blown call by the refs.

Except yesterday, there was none of that at the Joe. The only booing was against one player, near every time he touched the puck, years after he left Detroit. That is what I'd expect Nashville fans to do, since so many of them don't know enough to boo or chant "you suck" for a hockey related reason, rather than because someome else is doing that.

It's annoying, when the fans boo Fedorov, and only him for a reason half of them probably don't really understand, because if they were real hockey fans, wouldn't they have found at least one other occasion to boo, other then Fedorov touching the puck?

EDIT I mean by all means boo when Fedorov's name is announced, or when he first steps on the ice. But to boo him every time he touches the puck, and to do that to NO other player, makes Fedorov the public enemy number one in Detroit. Does he really deserve that distinction? Was even Claude booed EVERY time he touched the puck? I don't believe he was.

perfecly said my friend. I was thinking the same exact thing, its not so much the general use of booing things, its the setting people are using it in. They claim the reason they boo him now and its ok is because hes on the other team, well in that case everyone better BOO Lapointe, Shanny, Avery, Kozlov, and any other ex-red wing who is playing for a other team.

Also one could argue if your booing because hes the enemy now then why boo just him, BOO the entire team if thats your reason for the disrespect. The guy didn't do one dirty thing the entire game, he played his game and then in the end won the game clean, like someone else said he did'nt celebrate or rub it in anyones face. He skated off the ice with CLASS. Well played Sergei Well played :clap:

I bet the Red Wings even get annoyed by the constant booing towards Fedorov, Keep in mind that all of his teammates still are friends with him as well.

and BTW Lint I love that Signature its awesome :thumbup:

Edited by WingNutt

Fedorov was our best and most clutch playoff scorer for pretty much his entire Detroit career. It is far and away no stretch to say we would not have ended the Cup drought without him in the line up.

I mean, you're talking about subtracting one of the best players in the world, at the time. It would be no different than taking Steve out of the equation. Everyone did their part to win those championships, and Sergei did a HUGE part.

yeah he was good then..but as far as if he wasn't there we wouldn't have won i dont' really agree with that but oh well..thats just what i think. it prob would have been harder but i think with the lineup we had it still would have happened.

i agree what has been said..to boo someone its just part of hockey if its for a hockey reason or not..who cares....its hockey...its entertainment. fans pay good money to go see the games...buy the Swag...jerseys and all that let them boo whenever they want.

edit: thanks WingNutt=)

Edited by Lint123

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._03.html#245615

Blue Jackets take Feds booing personally. They sorta bash the Wings' fans.

I gotta agree though. They've taken this crap a little too far. Yeah it's just booing but it got old the second time around. Enough is enough. He gets it by now. Leave the guy alone. Everything he's done for the Wings and he gets treated like s***. :thumbdown:

http://www.mlive.com/weblogs/snapshots/ind..._03.html#245615

Blue Jackets take Feds booing personally. They sorta bash the Wings' fans.

I gotta agree though. They've taken this crap a little too far. Yeah it's just booing but it got old the second time around. Enough is enough. He gets it by now. Leave the guy alone. Everything he's done for the Wings and he gets treated like s***. :thumbdown:

Well said :thumbup:

I've always called Feds the most talented under-achiever in the NHL. He's very Jagr-ish in that way. They play out of their minds- otherworldly, in fact - when they feel like it. Maddening trait, that! I was and am still a Fedorov fan, just not when he skunks Ozzie for the GWG in a shoot out...

If Sergei came back to Detroit, it would make me very happy, but I don't expect him to cross that bridge.

Lint, your signature is hysterical. I can't stop staring at it. :huh:

:lol: good job!

Christ, just drop it. Poor poor Sergei. :violin: People are going to continue to boo, so there's no reason to cry about it. If you bought your ticket, and go to the game, you have the right to boo whatever you want. Maybe people just boo Fedorov because it's fun. Maybe they're joining other people who started the booing. Who cares? Feds played for our Cup winning teams, and was a hell of a player when he was here. Great. He plays for our opponents now, so he's fair game for booing.

You know, I bet there are people who boo Avery, or Dandenault, or Shanny. It may not be a large portion of the crowd, but I bet it happens.

Lighten up. I don't even have hard feelings towards Feds, but I sure as hell don't want to see him succeed at the expense of my team.

Christ, just drop it. Poor poor Sergei. :violin: People are going to continue to boo, so there's no reason to cry about it. If you bought your ticket, and go to the game, you have the right to boo whatever you want. Maybe people just boo Fedorov because it's fun. Maybe they're joining other people who started the booing. Who cares? Feds played for our Cup winning teams, and was a hell of a player when he was here. Great. He plays for our opponents now, so he's fair game for booing.

You know, I bet there are people who boo Avery, or Dandenault, or Shanny. It may not be a large portion of the crowd, but I bet it happens.

Lighten up. I don't even have hard feelings towards Feds, but I sure as hell don't want to see him succeed at the expense of my team.

Cool so then I can buy a ticket right next to you and boo you everytime you sip a soda or take a bit of pizza? :P The people you listed are exactly the ones who give the rest of us a bad name. BTW, your crying about people crying. :rolleyes:

well said ol chap :thumbup:

and to see wings fans say they are happy he scored on us..or happy it was him.....and all that...wow.....just wow.

Cool so then I can buy a ticket right next to you and boo you everytime you sip a soda or take a bit of pizza? :P The people you listed are exactly the ones who give the rest of us a bad name. BTW, your crying about people crying. :rolleyes:

well if you did that i would probably punch you in the face..that would stop all of that. hahahaha

give us a bad name right...its about time the redwings fans get talked about...we are the quietest fans in hockey...i wish teams would hate coming into the joe because they knew they were gonna catch hell from the fans....again thats all about the entertainment of hockey....its fans like you that are killing the sport..making it a ***** footing around not fighting...lets throw flowers and not fists at each other sport.

I'm glad they're sticking up for their teammate. That's what they should do.

That said, f**k the Blue Jackets. :)

im the same way..i want them to stick up for thier team...then when we play them again it will just make for a better game...if only we had someone to stick up for our team...=) hehehe

well if you did that i would probably punch you in the face..that would stop all of that. hahahaha

give us a bad name right...its about time the redwings fans get talked about...we are the quietest fans in hockey...i wish teams would hate coming into the joe because they knew they were gonna catch hell from the fans....again thats all about the entertainment of hockey....its fans like you that are killing the sport..making it a ***** footing around not fighting...lets throw flowers and not fists at each other sport.

Riiiiight..... :rolleyes: Okay Jon-Claude.

Yup, it is right a bad name. Wings fans aren't being talked about in a good light. There not intimidating anyone, obviously. There's no we, I'm not quite, I actually cheer for the Wings. I'd think that would be better than trying to have a bunch of candy ass fans boo the other team into submission. Yeah right, "uh....coach.....uh these fans are restless here in the Joe, uh....I think I'm gonna sit this one out.." - Iginla Give me a break. It's fans like you who are trying to turn it into a high school pep rally mixed with WWF wrestleing. You must have me mistaken, ask around I'm a huge fan of hockey fights. Just not spoiled, whiney, little brat of a fans.

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Well, let's be fair BB91. The people who don't give a rat's ass about the booing don't start these threads. Its those who whine about Fedorov getting booed that keep dredging up this trivial topic.

I see it as cause and effect. If people would stop whining about Feds getting booed then people like me would stop whining about them whining.

:D

Riiiiight..... :rolleyes: Okay Jon-Claude.

Yup, it is right a bad name. Wings fans aren't being talked about in a good light. There not intimidating anyone, obviously. There's no we, I'm not quite, I actually cheer for the Wings. I'd think that would be better than trying to have a bunch of candy ass fans boo the other team into submission. Yeah right, "uh....coach.....uh these fans are restless here in the Joe, uh....I think I'm gonna sit this one out.." - Iginla Give me a break. It's fans like you who are trying to turn it into a high school pep rally mixed with WWF wrestleing. You must have me mistaken, ask around I'm a huge fan of hockey fights. Just not spoiled, whiney, little brat of a fans.

wow..yeah i said lets boo them into Submission hahaha that makes no sense at all...yeah ok..im very happy you are one of the few that cheer for our team..but for the most part the joe is very quiet....COMPARED.. to other places.

so how is going back to the way it was more so then going more to the way it is becoming highschool....i don't get it.

and its jonny-claude as my little one calls him=)

Well, let's be fair BB91. The people who don't give a rat's ass about the booing don't start these threads. Its those who whine about Fedorov getting booed that keep dredging up this trivial topic.

I see it as cause and effect. If people would stop whining about Feds getting booed then people like me would stop whining about them whining.

:D

Yeah the media in all forms feeds into it aswell. Eh, maybe at the deadline next year we'll all be cheering him again. :)

I don't boo, it's not my style. But I've never understood why this stuff bothers people. Fedorov had his reasons for leaving, the fans have their reasons for booing. Cheer for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. That's how it's supposed to go. Do what you can to give your team an edge. Get the players on the other team off their game.

It's booing, for cripes sake. This isn't some Greek tragedy. Nobody's wishing terrible things on the guy. They're freakin' booing. Fans aren't going to continue being loyal to a player if he stops being loyal to them. It's a two way street.

Non-issue.

And if you're happy Fedorov won the game for Columbus, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Just sayin'.

:clap:

wow..yeah i said lets boo them into Submission hahaha that makes no sense at all...yeah ok..im very happy you are one of the few that cheer for our team..but for the most part the joe is very quiet....COMPARED.. to other places.

so how is going back to the way it was more so then going more to the way it is becoming highschool....i don't get it.

and its jonny-claude as my little one calls him=)

"...i wish teams would hate coming into the joe because they knew they were gonna catch hell from the fans"- Lint123

Then what exactly do you mean by this comment? Like I said before, I'd think it be better to have some loud "LETS GO RED WINGS!!", or "OZZIE! OZZIE" type chants. You know, supporting the team and something they might actually feed off of, some plain ole loud cheering for the Wings. VS. trying to make the other teams hate playing at the joe. :lol:

When was it ever singling a certain player out for constant booing, while sitting on your hands the rest of the game? I don't remember those days. Maybe at a high school pep rally back in the day when they'd boo the principal, but that's about it. It's only loud when the spoiled fan base has some huge accomplishment to celebrate. They don't ever do it just to support the team. It's not that hard to figure out.

right, well pulling stunts like punching someone in the face at the Joe :rolleyes: is going to get you called "Johnny Convict"

"...i wish teams would hate coming into the joe because they knew they were gonna catch hell from the fans"- Lint123

Then what exactly do you mean by this comment? Like I said before, I'd think it be better to have some loud "LETS GO RED WINGS!!", or "OZZIE! OZZIE" type chants. You know, supporting the team and something they might actually feed off of, some plain ole loud cheering for the Wings. VS. trying to make the other teams hate playing at the joe. :lol:

When was it ever singling a certain player out for constant booing, while sitting on your hands the rest of the game? I don't remember those days. Maybe at a high school pep rally back in the day when they'd boo the principal, but that's about it. It's only loud when the spoiled fan base has some huge accomplishment to celebrate. They don't ever do it just to support the team. It's not that hard to figure out.

right, well pulling stunts like punching someone in the face at the Joe :rolleyes: is going to get you called "Johnny Convict"

man i totally agree with you we need the cheering for our team bad..very bad...but we also need the boos for the other team when they score...and not saying im glad he just scored on us...that felt great...and i didn't say singling out someone and booing him the whole game was what we should do..that woudl be "highschool" as you call it. and to have a team coming into the joe knowing they will catch boos...and chants and everything else..along with the loud cheers for our own team..you don't think that would help us out?

and i think any fan that posts here including yourself..if you were sitting next to a fan that was booing at YOU everytime you took a bite or drink of food would make it to the end of the game without getting a punch to the face...if you wouldn't then you have more control then most real hockey fans. my props go to you.

And if you're happy Fedorov won the game for Columbus, then you're not a Red Wings fan. Just sayin'.

No s***.. I was also thrilled with Huselius' winning goal, and Morrison's shortie GWG the other night too.. please.

and if the whole point is to win the game...if me booing thier star player is gonna cause him to lose concentration and screw up a shotthen im gonna boo untill im blue in the face...hes not on our team anymore folks...and hes not coming back.

Edited by Lint123