• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sayalaska

Sergei Fedorov boos

Rate this topic

You just responded. What is the point of responding to a topic to say that no one needs to respond to it?

First of all, I did not say “no one needs†to respond to this thread. Second, I said that I did not want to comment because as GordieSid&Ted pointed out, who gives a flying f***? People are going to boo him until you argue them blue, and who are you to tell them otherwise?

You don't need to jump on me because I actually agreed with someone. :huh:

It was 16m in the first season and 14m the next year (because of signing and playoff bonuses) Fedorov was the best player in the world at the time. His contract averaged out, includingall bonuses, toabout 6.3m per season.

That's LESS than Joe Sakic was offered per season by the Rangers in the summer of 1997. Sakic's first year totaled up at 17m, with the same 2m base salary Feds had. Sakic's total contract value was 21m over 3 years.

As of 1997, Fedorov had more career awards (Hart, Selke x2, Pearson) than Sakic (Smythe) and yet the offer he signed was LOWER and LONGER than Sakic's even though Feds hit more bonuses.

Complaining about Fedorov's deal without also saying Sakic's was crazy is akin to saying 'Datsyuk's 2 year, 3.9m contract was OK, but that bum Zetterberg shouldn't have been so greedy.'

QFT :clap:

Rather than a Wing? That seems sort of silly.

No one has even said RATHER than a Wing. Everyone basically said that if a player had to score...glad it was Feds.

Hahaha, you're a funny guy.

You see, when I see a forum full of people rehashing a pointless and stupid topic that has absolutely no redeeming value whatsoever and no conclusion I post my opinion about how stupid and pointless a topic it is in the hopes that people might want to let it go, stop bringing it up every single time we play Fedorov and maybe, just maybe move on to another topic.

Since you don't get that, i'm going to lump you right in there with that sack of rusted nails. Maybe some of it will rub off on you and you'll get a clue.

As for booing him not being very "Red Wing" like. HAHA, WTF are you talking about dreamer. Find for me in an encyclopedia or wherever a description of what it is to be red-wing like. Your a namby-pamby puss and you can't take that Fedorov gets booed. Pooh, pooh for you.

I don't boo him and I think its silly that he gets booed still. But get over it. People have a right to boo any damned player who isn't wearing a Red Wings sweater, hell they have a right to boo our own Redwings for that matter. And for you to tell them it isn't right or "red-wing like". Who the F*** are you. You're nobody. Take your sentimentality and idealism to bed with you and cuddle up with your teddy bear if you can't handle the booing. Or better yet, go be a Blue Jackets fan, they don't boo Fedorov so that oughta make you happy.

You are just a hate filled person and that's why you like that Fedorov gets booed. I've noticed that a lot of people who are pro-booing are just spewing out hate and anger and cussing and just mean. It makes a lot of sense. So I'm glad I understand now. You can't make an actual point so you just name call...really intelligent.

You are right though, I'm hoping Red Wings fans will be above that, and a lot of the good ones are. I can't dictate what the bad fans do though *shrug*. I simply don't get it....if it makes you SO mad, why read? Why post...it makes ABSOLUTELY no sense. Every topic on this board has been rehashed 100 times. If you have a problem with that give up the board. At least this one only comes up when we play Columbus at home...which is only 4 times a year. I think you should just DEAL with it.

You are right, I am a funny guy.

First of all, I did not say “no one needs†to respond to this thread. Second, I said that I did not want to comment because as GordieSid&Ted pointed out, who gives a flying f***? People are going to boo him until you argue them blue, and who are you to tell them otherwise?

You don't need to jump on me because I actually agreed with someone.

Sorry, I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm simply stating that I think that people who do so are classless. If THEY are free to boo, I surely am free to NOT like it? No? Just because people have freedom to do something, does not make it right.

Sorry, I was probably too hostile to you, but you just agreed with someone blowing out so much hatred, I don't know what you expected.

Edited by Offsides

You are right, I am a funny guy.

You'd definitely be one funny-looking guy, if you were one. :P:tomato:

Although I'm pretty funny looking, and I am a guy! :scared:

Anyways, I will never boo Fedorov after all he's done for the Wings.

The people who don't boo for their own personal entertainment and s**ts and giggles and do it because they might not like him, they need to get over it I think, it's been a good amount of time since he's been with the Wings, it is time to move on. These are the ones that really need to get over it the most.

However, I understand why he might get jeered and know it won't stop soon, so why get irked over it. That's my whole mentality on the thing. I'm over it, but I stil expect it to happen and don't pull my hair out becaause of it.

Just think of it this way, it could be a respect thing as well, because of all Fedorov has done for the Wings.

Sorry, I was probably too hostile to you, but you just agreed with someone blowing out so much hatred, I don't know what you expected.

It's fine. I just agreed with (and quoted) certain points he made, he obviously went overboard in certain parts of his post. I respect your opinion, regardless. ;)

I completely understand where your coming from, because I love Sergei too, and I think the look on his face when he has to face that Detroit crowd says it all.

All I have to say is "WHO GIVES A s*** HOW MANY CUPS HE WON/WHAT HE DID HERE!"

He doesn't play here anymore! I personally didn't boo him, but he's NOT a Red Wing anymore, and it shouldn't be comfortable for him to play against Detroit- I'm all for fans being all over him.

You'd definitely be one funny-looking guy, if you were one.

Shhh, it's my secret identity :hehe:

The people who don't boo for their own personal entertainment and s**ts and giggles and do it because they might not like him, they need to get over it I think, it's been a good amount of time since he's been with the Wings, it is time to move on. These are the ones that really need to get over it the most.

Yeah, and you know (because we discuss this bi-weekly here :) ) that most of the arena is corporate. You can hear a pindrop half the time anymore...but they can all get together to boo? What has happened to this team? What has happened to the positive atmosphere...seriously? The whole arena can't say "Let's Go Red Wings" or "Oz-zie Oz-zie" but they sure can find their voices to boo. And I don't even belive that half of them care anymore...they are just sheep.

However, I understand why he might get jeered and know it won't stop soon, so why get irked over it. That's my whole mentality on the thing. I'm over it, but I stil expect it to happen and don't pull my hair out becaause of it.

Yeah, it bothers me more because Fedorov is my favorite player, but I wouldn't like it if we boo'ed any of our players. It's not in me to 'not care' when I think that the wrong call has been made...but rest assured, as much as it annoys me that it sill happens (and really, truely did bother me at first) I didn't get half as mad as most of the crap I've seen spewed in this thread.

It's fine. I just agreed with (and quoted) certain points he made, he obviously went overboard in certain parts of his post. I respect your opinion, regardless. ;)

I completely understand where your coming from, because I love Sergei too, and I think the look on his face when he has to face that Detroit crowd says it all.

:) Thanks

All I have to say is "WHO GIVES A s*** HOW MANY CUPS HE WON/WHAT HE DID HERE!"

He doesn't play here anymore! I personally didn't boo him, but he's NOT a Red Wing anymore, and it shouldn't be comfortable for him to play against Detroit- I'm all for fans being all over him.

You sir are an ignorant fan. A disgrace, you lack tradition. Steve Yzerman does not play here anymore? Same for him eh?

Feds is apart of our team's history. If you do not respect players that contribute to building your favourite teams history there is something wrong with you. So what you are saying is screw Yzerman, Howe, Konstantinov, Shanahan, Abel, Delvecchio, Sawchuk, Hull, Kozlov, Larionov...well you get it. What an ignoramus.

after nearly a full year of staying off these boards, it's nice to see this same old tired subject endlessly discussed over and over again. lol.

Oh, but why ruin your hiatus :hehe:

This and about 100 other endlessly discussed subjects. There's nothing new under the sun.

Just think of it this way, it could be a respect thing as well, because of all Fedorov has done for the Wings.

I think you hit the nail on the head here, it's b/c he was so talented that there's still so much passion there. Look at how many posts are in this thread. I personally would never boo him, but if others want to so be it. It's their right , they paid good money to be at the game.

Tomorrow's new thread..."JLA crowd"..."_____ announcers/boards"..."some random thread named '???' where no explanation of the topic is given"

I already got a call on at least 5 topics tomarrow:

"JLA crowd" (you already called that one)

"Look what somebody posted at LetsGoBlues!"

"Bertuzzi is such a thug, I will never watch the Wings now because of him!"

"Av's announcers are such homers"

"The reffing is terrible!"

Don't let me down guys! :P