• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Everyones' favorite NHL team and why

Rate this topic

I don't care about any team in the NHL besides the Wings. There are some teams I root for to beat other teams on given nights, but as far as actually caring about any other team, I just can't bring myself to it.

I don't know how so many of you can have other teams that you actually care about.

Easy, Pittsburgh because of Mario.

Yeah, right. We all know you have only been a Pittsburgh fan since the lockout and your favorite player is Sidney Crosby. I mean, who is a fan of a team because of the owner?

Guest Shoreline
Yeah, right. We all know you have only been a Pittsburgh fan since the lockout and your favorite player is Sidney Crosby. I mean, who is a fan of a team because of the owner?

Not sure if this is a joke, but anyways, personally, I've liked the Pens with Crosby/Malkin/Staal more than the Mario/Jagr/Francis tandem.

Edited by Shoreline

I don't care about any team in the NHL besides the Wings. There are some teams I root for to beat other teams on given nights, but as far as actually caring about any other team, I just can't bring myself to it.

I don't know how so many of you can have other teams that you actually care about.

^ This is what I was talking about.

But say someday far into the future the Wings are not in the picture to win the Cup but you could pick any other team to be your favorite to win it, who would you pick and why?

For me the Predators have been a challenging rival for the last few years and as a franchise have weathered some serious storms and have done well for themselves in spite of the odds. Runner-up would be St. Louis since they're an original expansion team that have come close to winning many times and just haven't yet put the biscuit in the basket.

Not sure if this is a joke, but anyways, personally, I've liked the Pens with Crosby/Malkin/Staal more than the Mario/Jagr/Francis tandem.

Yeah, I can't tell if it's a joke either. Regardless, yeah I do like Crosby, but I loved the Pens before I'd ever heard of Crosby. Mario is my second favourite player of all time.

^ This is what I was talking about.

But say someday far into the future the Wings are not in the picture to win the Cup but you could pick any other team to be your favorite to win it, who would you pick and why?

For me the Predators have been a challenging rival for the last few years and as a franchise have weathered some serious storms and have done well for themselves in spite of the odds. Runner-up would be St. Louis since they're an original expansion team that have come close to winning many times and just haven't yet put the biscuit in the basket.

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo win a Cup someday, if that's what you mean. Also, the Wild, because Minnesota is such a great hockey market with no Cups to show for it.

1. Detroit - I grew up on them, done. Dad, big Detroit fan... Stevie Y, major influence.

2. Chicago - I just always liked them. Original 6 team, and when Tony Amonte was in his prime he was sick. Nowadays, Jonathan Toews is one of my favourite players so that's a bonus.

3. Boston - Two words: CAM NEELY.

Why is everyone listing their second favorite team? The topic was "Who is you favorite team".

Mine is the Wings, Wings, Wings

The rest of the league is 2nd favorite.....

Why is everyone listing their second favorite team? The topic was "Who is you favorite team".

Mine is the Wings, Wings, Wings

The rest of the league is 2nd favorite.....

'Cause that's what the original poster asked.

Dont usually ever have a second fav other than the wings... but this year i will be rooting for the blackhawks. I want another original 6 team and fellow central division rival to do well. We havent even had an interestiong division race in forever and would love to have it at least be a little bit interesting.... no doubt though that the wings have only gotten stronger and will probably crush everyone else.

Dont usually ever have a second fav other than the wings... but this year i will be rooting for the blackhawks. I want another original 6 team and fellow central division rival to do well. We havent even had an interestiong division race in forever and would love to have it at least be a little bit interesting.... no doubt though that the wings have only gotten stronger and will probably crush everyone else.

Didn't Nashville challenge us in the '06-'07 season for top spot until the end?

I used to like Anaheim, basically cause I lived there for 10 years, Wings were always #1 tho. I quit liking Anaheim over the last 3 years tho when they turned into the waste of space they are today. Now I root for Buffalo, gotta support the home boy Miller.

My two favorite teams (yes, I have 2) outside of the Red Wings, are the Washington Caps and Minnesota Wild.

I've liked the caps for awhile now, long before Ovechkin graced their line-up. I was a big fan of Olaf Kolzig back in the day (2002) and also Chris Simon (even though he was crazy looking). I thought they had a pretty solid team. And now that Kolzig's gone, the only real reason I pay any attention to them is Ovechkin and Feds. But that's a good enough reason to watch a hockey team right there. Ovechkin is an army of one.

Minnesota has always been, in my eyes, my only REAL backup team to root for. Every playoffs they make I hope they go far. I like the club alot, and although their players have been moved around alot, the team as itself stays the same.

I've been from Michigan my whole life, grown up in the same house in Royal Oak for 22 years, and the Red Wings will always have my heart.

If by some chance encounter they were to get swept off the side of the earth, though, I guess I could settle for one of these 2. Wouldn't even come close, though... I can never see myself EVER being this loyal to ANY other sports team in ANY sport. The Red Wings bring a sense of home to me... even when I'm traveling, the thought of the DRW brings me comfort and warms my heart.

I say this with pride and sincerety in my heart: RED WINGS FOR LIFE!!!!!!

Edited by Shutemdown

Got hooked on Calgary as a second team to watch when I dated Harley Hotchkiss' grand-daughter. Still follow them closely. Looking good this year.

Calgary's going to have a great team this year! There's no doubt we'll see them in the plyaoff line-up. We'll see if Bertuzzi actually plays. ;)

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Red Wings - Born a wings fan, raised a wings fan, its in my blood.

Flyers - I love there style of play, It's chippy heart and soul type players who play with alot of emotion.

Flames - An all north american team, minus kipper, Rough Tough, Edgy.

Canucks - Burrows makes every game interesting to watch, and now with Hordi and Cowan both on the same team, The NW division is going to be insanely tough,rough heated.

I have a hard time liking any other actually team, though I do like individual players. I guess if I were going to pick anyone it'd be Washington. Ever since Ovechkin came into the league I've been a big fan of his. Still have a lot of love for Fedorov and I've liked the emergence of Mike Green as well. It's too bad they've got Theo instead of Kolzig now, though.

After Detroit, of course, it would have to be the Blackhawks.

I've always loved Chicago as a city, and I have a special place in my heart for O 6 teams. I was just a kid when Chelios got traded there and I've always loved his playing style, especially when he was younger and fighting / rough stuff was a legitimate strategical part of the game because he was always shaking things up.

Edited by #19forPresident!

Atlanta. Boston. Montreal.

I love Kovalchuck.

Boston, I always liked them.

Habs. Holy hell, can that not be the loudest place to watch a game. GREAT FANS!