• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

3/24 GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Disappointed in the loss, but at least they shown an effort. Bertuzzi was a beast out there. I was so pumped when he hit Backes like that! Oh that was great. Hudler and Filppulas goals were good too, and the Wings generally played good after the 1st period.

Sidenote: Jeff Woywitka totally ruined that fight. Markov and Cajanek were going to go at it, and Woywitkas *** ass comes in there and ruins it. Being a Wings fan I'll take all the fights I can get, and Woywitka really pissed me off. IMO if that fight would have happened Markov would have smoked Cajanek. Cajanek is a pretty small guy, and I really don't think he would have stood much of a chance.

yup. shouldve been a penalty on woywitka for being the third man in. I was pissed for the same reason. Ill take any fights I can get.

For the umpteenth time I am not a Preds fan!!!! I play for a team over here in the UK called the Predators and my # is 48!

Wings thru and thru believe me, anyway the luck will change and hopefully carry us deep into the playoffs.

Why is a preds fan at a red wing forum

I cant wait to see this line combination....

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi..--Mouth waters..

Lang, Hudler, Calder

Draper, Maltby, Franzen

Filpulla, Cleary, Holmstrom

with Samuelsson pushing for playing time.

Bertuzzi on the 1st line will give Dats and Zetts alot more room out there and will cause the opposition to think twice about taking runs at them.

Why is a preds fan at a red wing forum

There are about 5 different Preds fans who post here regularly.

Thank god the ones who do are decent people who aren't dicks. Legionairre11 and Dave are pretty good members, and don't post pure crap like you might think.

AndyPred is also not a Preds fan by the way, as he just said.

I cant wait to see this line combination....

Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Bertuzzi..--Mouth waters..

Lang, Hudler, Calder

Draper, Maltby, Franzen

Filpulla, Cleary, Holmstrom

with Samuelsson pushing for playing time.

Bertuzzi on the 1st line will give Dats and Zetts alot more room out there and will cause the opposition to think twice about taking runs at them.

hopefully babcock does leave bert on the first line but knowing him, he'll keep holmstrom there. -_-

There are about 5 different Preds fans who post here regularly.

Thank god the ones who do are decent people who aren't dicks. Legionairre11 and Dave are pretty good members, and don't post pure crap like you might think.

AndyPred is also not a Preds fan by the way, as he just said.

Yeah it was supposed to be a joke

Gary Bettman made a statement a few months ago that the NHL's research has shown that fans would rather have their team lose in the shootout than tie.

I keep my own standings. If a game is tied at the end of OT, its a tie. The result of the skills competition is not acknowledged.

lol, what?

I just am baffled by that one....

hopefully babcock does leave bert on the first line but knowing him, he'll keep holmstrom there. -_-

Yeah, and then put him back on the top line for about 3 shifts, then put Holmstrom back on the top line like originally started.

The line juggeling that Babcock does really confuses me. How does he expect anyone to develop chemistry together if he's putting out 20 different line combinations in a single game?

I was there too!

Great time, except the fact me and my buddy sat next to two drunk cougars. I was just excited to finally see a live shootout, excluding the unfortunate result. Bertuzzi is great to watch, he's hard to get off the puck, love him.

"I was there too!

Great time, except the fact me and my buddy sat next to two drunk cougars. I was just excited to finally see a live shootout, excluding the unfortunate result. Bertuzzi is great to watch, he's hard to get off the puck, love him."

Yeah, definitely was a great game to be at.... so, what did you think of the wave? I almost died when I saw it starting up. :P

We've had our team wearing down the opponent in the past and still lost in in the playoffs. Against Anaheim a couple years ago we had i think 60-70 shots on net and the 2 overtimes were like powerplays for detroit. The problem is our goalie gets no work on the other end and gets rusty.

I remember that game. I beleive it was the first game of the series. Robitaille hit the post in the 1st ot I think. That was a heartbreaker to say the elast.

Just skimmed the game in FF on DVR. What a disapppointment. I am worried about my Wings and hope poor Lebda is OK. Niemminen isn't smiling, by the way, he's just ugly. :crazy:

1. I *heart* Todd Bertuzzi, thank God for him out there - he's only going to get better

2. Huddles looked like the best Wing out there today

3. This game is living proof that the refs and TO officials hate us and,

4. The Wings play do not play like crap only in front of Osgood. They play just the same way for Dom. ;)

Oh well, Bachasua for Vezina, so what else is new?

oy... :rolleyes:

If there's one thing I hate, its the stupid attitude that we deserved what we got because we should have beat them in the first place. It's the typical attitude of someone who is ignorant and knows nothing about the sport. Yeah, the wings are a great team, yeah, one would expect them to crush the blues. But it didn't happen. We were down 2-0, and we scored two legit goals that put us into overtime. Nobody scored in overtime, which means a shootout is in store. Nowhere in the rules does it say "feel free to make calls contradictory to the rules if the team getting screwed should have been winning anyways."

Honestly, if you hold the opinion that we "deserved" what we got because we should have crushed them, there's something terribly wrong with you.

Since Lang sucks ass, Babs should consider splitting up Hank and Dats. He doesnt HAVE to do it if they keep their chemistry and stay on fire, but Lang cannot hold down a top 2 line anymore. In contrast, Cleary has been awesome lately.

Flip - Dats - Bert

Hudler - Hank - Calder

Babs should at least consider his options once Hank comes back, but then again, it might be best to keep Hank on with Dats and Homer upon his return where he already has chemistry.

4. The Wings play do not play like crap only in front of Osgood. They play just the same way for Dom. ;)

Whether that's true or not, nothing in this game supports that theory. They outshot St. Louis 42-19. And they were excellent scoring chances against Jason Bacashihua, lots of them were at close range.

Hey, Andy Pred, I was just messing around. I know you're a Wings fan.

Whether that's true or not, nothing in this game supports that theory. They outshot St. Louis 42-19. And they were excellent scoring chances against Jason Bacashihua, lots of them were at close range.

You're probably right. I never believe it was a valid theory or assumption, anyway. I should have put another ;) in there, I guess.

Edited by puckloo39

After watching Bertuzzi play like a true power forward, I have to wonder what the Wings see in Lang? he is big, he has skill BUT he doesnt use his size to go to the slot or front of the net with the puck, he plays a perimiter game all the time, we dont need anymore perimiter type players!! those type of players dont do well in the playoffs! granted I know that Lang does show up for the PO's and we will have to wait and see how he does this post season, but I hope the Wings resign Bertuzzi (he wont be cheap either!) and to make cap room I cant see Lang returning with his $3 mil+ contract (by the way--is Lang a free agent after this year or does he have 1 more year left??) if he is a FA then I dont see him returning to the Wings next year if the Wings hope to resign Bertuzzi and Datsyuk.

You're probably right. I never believe it was a valid theory or assumption, anyway. I should have put another ;) in there, I guess.

I think part of it is Ken and Mickey tend to build up Osgood a little bit more. It seems like they want to make sure he gets props for the big saves he makes. Which is fine, but it probably makes it seem like Osgood has to be slightly more heroic in net when he plays.