• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

puckloo39

3/24 GDT: St. Louis Blues @ Red Wings, 2:00 PM ET

Rate this topic

Coincodentily enough after I joke around about Bacashihua performing miracles in the shoot out. He makes the puck dissapear bending space and time in the process so that it apparently never crosses the goal line. Does that count?

you jinxed it :angry:

:violin: enough with that stuff, the wings need to control the things that they can control. If we had come out and played in the first it we wouldnt be discussing this. After the first period we came out and played the new red wings hockey. we hit, drove the net, and scored some goals. The 2nd and 4rd period were really encouraging even though we could only pull 1 point out of it. Besides, in the playoffs there is no shootout and we will be able to have Bertuzzi wearing down the opponent in the OT. Everyone take a breath, we are tied w/ nashville, and lets wait until monday.

This is true. I honestly dont care anymore though. If we're 4th, we're 4th. Last time I checked, home ice advantage means NOTHING anymore. Who you play means NOTHING anymore. Its best that we get this crap out of the way now than in the playoffs.

I mean, didnt the Wings look like an entirely different team in the 4rd?? It was crazy how physical, passionate, hardowrking they were.

Besides, in the playoffs there is no shootout and we will be able to have Bertuzzi wearing down the opponent in the OT. Everyone take a breath, we are tied w/ nashville, and lets wait until monday.

We've had our team wearing down the opponent in the past and still lost in in the playoffs. Against Anaheim a couple years ago we had i think 60-70 shots on net and the 2 overtimes were like powerplays for detroit. The problem is our goalie gets no work on the other end and gets rusty.

Apart from the seriously mentally challenged refs, am I the only one thinking this whole SO thing is just total BS? What's wrong with old fashioned ties? We would've earned one point anyway, but we wouldn't have assisted to such a depressing show,,,

Edited by FromItaly

I'm pissed about the fact that this team can't get up for games against non-playoff teams like the Blues.

or for games against playoff teams like vancouver and calgary. wings need to get their heads out of thier asses. they are completely uninspired.

Coincodentily enough after I joke around about Bacashihua performing miracles in the shoot out. He makes the puck dissapear bending space and time in the process so that it apparently never crosses the goal line. Does that count?

The fact that Bacashihua did the worm when he was getting out of the goal tells u he had something to hide. He slithered out of the net like a ******* water snake to make sure that puck was over the line. That little f***** knew it was in.

This is true. I honestly dont care anymore though. If we're 4th, we're 4th. Last time I checked, home ice advantage means NOTHING anymore. Who you play means NOTHING anymore. Its best that we get this crap out of the way now than in the playoffs.

I dunno, though. With our crappy road record this season, I'll take my chances with home ice advantage. :P

For those of you saying its no goal because its inconclusive, they changed that rule this year. If by logic we can assume its in the net (say the goalie catches the puck but his glove is behind the goal line) then its supposed to be called a goal

Something very similar to this happened earlier in the season where Roloson made a big glove save on Draper, but it was ruled a goal because, although you couldn't really see the puck in the net, the goaltender's glove was clearly across the line.

You know, this started as one of the best wings games I have seen in a while.

Then it went to s***.

Same here. From the 2nd period on it was one hell of an exciting game. The refs f-ing ruined it with their non calls and how ridiculous they were in the shootout.

I understand the whole inconclusive thing BUT whether they can see it or now it's a FACT that the puck was in the net because HE was in the net. That's how I see it anyway.

Man, those announcers were getting me really steamed.. what the hell was all that "Poor Ville" nonsense? Oh, the poor guy, let's feel sorry for him because he boarded some-one with his elbow up and obviously feels soooo bad about it with that grin on his face afterward. Grr, morons.

Wings don't need calls like these to go their way this season - but wow, imagine if you're a team on the playoff bubble. Huge implications.

true...it could be worse :flamingmad:

Guest Agalloch

Although they clearly f***ed up the call, let's be honest. What were the odds of Hasek stopping the third shooter?

exactly. just say it. they'll keep doing it unless someone says something.

if we lose home ice advantage by one point, we need that f***ers ass nailed to the jumbotron

I disagree. Some of us need to chill out. IF we lose home ice advantage by one point we have no one to blame but ourselves.

We both have 101 points with 75 games played. We still have one more game against them. The ball is still in the Wings court. We control our own destiny.

I think it's obvious to any one who's not severely retarded that the odds of that one being a goal are far greater than the odds of it staying out, don't see why they went the other way. At least Blues fans can no longer argue about getting screwed over a couple games ago, the refs just handed them that game on a garnished platter.

it has to be conclusive. this wasn't. wings didn't get screwed. it they had decided to show up to the game a little earlier maybe they could have actually beaten the blues and it wouldn't have gone to ot at all and they wouldn't have put themselves in this possition... the blues for chrissakes!

Apart from the seriously mentally challenged refs, am I the only one thinking this whole SO thing is just total BS? What's wrong with old fashioned ties? We would've earned one point anyway, but we wouldn't have assisted to such a depressing show,,,

you used the word "assisted" for attended. Is Italian your first language? Thats pretty sweet if you are a Red Wings fan.

I mean, didnt the Wings look like an entirely different team in the 4rd?? It was crazy how physical, passionate, hardowrking they were.

Whether we are 4th or 1st we'll still have home ice regardless. It's the next rounds in which we might not depending on who makes it and who doesn't. So either way it's fine.

The fact that Bacashihua did the worm when he was getting out of the goal tells u he had something to hide. He slithered out of the net like a ******* water snake to make sure that puck was over the line. That little f***** knew it was in.

I don't blame him, he knew he might have carried the puck in and dragged it out (even as the refs were standing two feet behind him doing their damnedest to get a look). I won't rip on the guy for trying to get the W. But it was in, and they blew the call. Ho hum.