• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

3/29 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

Well guys & gals the Red Wings cooked us up all a good meal tonight.

Deep Fry Catfish Sandwich

IPB Image

Edited by Jwo

Not sure if anyone has commented on this and I dont really feel like going through 40+ pages, but Barry Trotz looked for excuses to the loss, claiming "I'd like to see our club healthy and play them." Other predators cited the difficullty the team has had because they are playing a forward short.If there is one thing I hate, it is coaches and players making excuses for losses. Show up and play hard, regardless of circumstances. At least Trotz could admit Ozzie was unstoppable tonight. Whether the Preds want to admit it or not, the wings played great and it was a good win for us.

If the Wings can carry this type of game into the playoffs and get Zetter back, look out Western Conference! Great game tonight and a huge win. So happy to see Burt on the score sheet. He played really well.

Amusing line from the NHL.com recap:

"Detroit, which outshoots just about everyone, took control in the second and kept the puck in front of Vokoun most of the period. The Red Wings outshot Nashville 30-25."

I agree on that. Looking at the stats, the Wings outshoot their opponent 90% of the time, and 99% of the time, they outshoot their opponent in the 2nd period.

Awesome game, the best I’ve seen this season.

Datsyuk is just amazing; whenever he’s on the ice the Wings seem to have a scoring chance. He’s also become very responsibly defensively as seen by his play on the PK. A few seasons ago he would rarely, if ever, get time killing penalties. Shows how much he has matured as a player.

The first line tonight was great with Bertuzzi playing a great game. I’m loving his physical presence and his ability to bring the puck up ice and it was great to see him record 2 assists. Franzen was promoted to the first line and he too played an extremely strong game.

Lang was fairly average, Hudler wasn’t too bad, but Calder was the standout for mine on the second line. His play in the first period in particular was terrific.

Filppula played a strong game and it was interesting to hear the commentators say that he will be playing in the playoffs. They didn’t even hint at the possibility he will be scratched. You would assume that he’s a lock and it’s out of Hudler and Samuelsson.

And Osgood was fantastic. :clap:

Awesome game, the best I’ve seen this season.

Datsyuk is just amazing; whenever he’s on the ice the Wings seem to have a scoring chance. He’s also become very responsibly defensively as seen by his play on the PK. A few seasons ago he would rarely, if ever, get time killing penalties. Shows how much he has matured as a player.

The first line tonight was great with Bertuzzi playing a great game. I’m loving his physical presence and his ability to bring the puck up ice and it was great to see him record 2 assists. Franzen was promoted to the first line and he too played an extremely strong game.

Lang was fairly average, Hudler wasn’t too bad, but Calder was the standout for mine on the second line. His play in the first period in particular was terrific.

Filppula played a strong game and it was interesting to hear the commentators say that he will be playing in the playoffs. They didn’t even hint at the possibility he will be scratched. You would assume that he’s a lock and it’s out of Hudler and Samuelsson.

And Osgood was fantastic. :clap:

crosses fingers for samuelsson

Amusing line from the NHL.com recap:

"Detroit, which outshoots just about everyone, took control in the second and kept the puck in front of Vokoun most of the period. The Red Wings outshot Nashville 30-25."

This has to be false because we play the trap all the time according to pred fans.

Not sure if anyone has commented on this and I dont really feel like going through 40+ pages, but Barry Trotz looked for excuses to the loss, claiming "I'd like to see our club healthy and play them." Other predators cited the difficullty the team has had because they are playing a forward short.If there is one thing I hate, it is coaches and players making excuses for losses. Show up and play hard, regardless of circumstances. At least Trotz could admit Ozzie was unstoppable tonight. Whether the Preds want to admit it or not, the wings played great and it was a good win for us.

Yeah, I was reading the recaps and couldn't help but laugh when Trotz and the rest of the players basically went, "Waaaaah! Waaaaah! We have injuries! It's not fair! We want a do-over! Waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!"

And they say that Cheli's a crybaby. :rolleyes:

On our recent four-game losing streak, did we blame injuries? Nope. The games may have been different with our injured players in the lineup, but we lost because we didn't play hard enough - simple as that.

Excuses are for losers - or the Predators.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270329027

This article really burns me! The Associated Press makes excuses for Nashville not winning (injuries). Forsberg and Trotz state that if we were healthy then they would have won or it would have been a "different game".

-First off we were playing with out Z. (Z>Nichols+Sullivan)

-Second Dom (our "#1" goalie) was on the bench, Vokoun their "#1" was in.

Why can't they say that they were out worked and losted PERIOD. This is the first time in a few years that we have won the season series with them.

Am I wrong for thinking this?

Edited by tipetz22

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=270329027

This article really burns me! The Associated Press makes excuses for Nashville not winning (injuries). Forsberg and Trotz state that if we were healthy then they would have won or it would have been a "different game".

-First off we were playing with out Z. (Z>Nichols+Sullivan)

-Second Dom (our "#1" goalie) was on the bench, Vokoun their "#1" was in.

Why can't they say that they were out worked and losted PERIOD. This is the first time in a few years that we have won the season series with them.

Am I wrong for thinking this?

It's not that you're wrong for thinking this, its just that its annoying when teams don't give credit where credit is due. The way to describe Nashville's feeling is Sour Grapes. I'm sure they're frusterated when they finish the season 2-5-1 against the team your competing against to win the division. Trotz is probably looking to rally his troops by his statements more than anything, because there's a good chance these two teams could meet up as early as the second round.

Sure its annoying to hear the other team not give credit where credit is due, but isn't that better than being in their shoes right now? :sly:

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Yeah, I was reading the recaps and couldn't help but laugh when Trotz and the rest of the players basically went, "Waaaaah! Waaaaah! We have injuries! It's not fair! We want a do-over! Waaaaaah! Waaaaaah!"

And they say that Cheli's a crybaby. :rolleyes:

On our recent four-game losing streak, did we blame injuries? Nope. The games may have been different with our injured players in the lineup, but we lost because we didn't play hard enough - simple as that.

Excuses are for losers - or the Predators.

Yeah, I was just going to comment on that. Sore losers anyone? I mean, nevermind admitting that you got beat by the better team, or that Ozzie was outstanding. No, it was because they weren't "healthy" enough. Sounds like they need to stop using a piss poor excuse like that and just admit that the Wings were the better team.

Even Flopper is running his mouth, which doesn't surprise me.

Not that anyone is making excuses, but several Predators pointed out they were short-handed with five forwards out -- four to injuries including Steve Sullivan (back).

Forsberg, who played nearly 22 minutes, said they tried to battle despite running low on forwards and are frustrated at not having control in their own hands.

"We have to rely on Detroit losing two points, and we go undefeated. It was two huge points we lost today," he said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap?gid=2007032927&prov=ap

Edited by tazzer82

Preds are upset they didn't play better against their rival. Even banged up, they're a capable team against all comers. We would be mad at ourselves, too, if we failed to show up for a big game like last night's, so they're frustrated. I'm willing to bet that if the tables were turned and we had four or five key guys out, there would be some 'excuses' from our side, as well, just to be fair. That said, we own the Preds regardless of who they put on the ice. Thanks, Ozzie! :P

From a Wings' fan perspective, aside from the win, I saw a lot of things I liked last night.

1. Ozzie can be trusted to stand up if needed in the playoffs. That was never not so in my mind, but doubters might believe it now, in the event Dom goes down injured. Better hope that doesn't happen, but some people are secretly hoping for it, I swear. :rolleyes: I'll never understand that attitude.

2. Bertuzzi is a force to reckoned with. Again. And he's ours. I love his attitude. He doesn't just want to be a big body out there, he wants to contribute. Love him... always did, do even more now that he's a Wing.

3. Calder is solid, Kenny's a genius. Best pick up of the trade season... forget Smythe and the Isles. We got Calder.

4. Pavel Datsyuk is a bona fide superstar. And he's ours, and he'd better stay ours. He will also be a force to be feared in the playoffs, if he keeps the same momentum he's got going into the post-season. Phenomenal efforts on his part.

5. Mule is back in gear, and he's going to get even better now that he's back. I didn't realize until last night how much I missed him out there. He's the man!

Scary things: :huh:

I don't think Zetterberg is coming back for the playoffs. Maybe by the WCF, but not before. The upside of this is that the Wings seem to manage to win without him. But barely.

We need scoring. Duh. Despite Dats' best efforts, he can't do it alone. So I am worried, as you all are, too, I imagine. Games like last night's could be the playoff "norm." I may die of a heart attack, if that's what happens. :blink:

Along that line, where the heck did Cleary go? Come back, son, we need you.

Onward and upward. Let's shoot down the Stars tonight! :thumbup:

IPB Image

Edited by puckloo39

Yet another excuse, from Legwand this time.

In a strange twist from yesteryear, the Wings' tough defensive tactics also had the Predators complaining that they weren't getting enough calls from the officials.

"There was an awful lot of clutching and grabbing going on out there,'' Predators center David Legwand said. "It looked like the old NHL out there. But in the playoffs, that's what we're going to have to work through.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar.../703300447/1028

I felt the Wings got jobbed in the home and home against the Predators two weeks ago, so I have no problem with them getting favorable whistles in this one. I'm not sure that they did, but if they did, that's fine with me.