• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

3/29 GDT: Red Wings @ Predators

Rate this topic

What I liked about the Wings these past two games is the commitment to defense. It's not pretty, but they've managed to find a way to play without the puck. When they get in trouble in their own end, they're just chipping the puck out and taking the safe play instead of creating a sh**storm in their zone trying to be too fancy puckhandling and passing up ice and turning it over. They can't maintain the puck possession when they do that, but they're doing it anyway, and I think they have to. The over reliance on puck possession gets them in trouble sometimes, and they're a tougher team to face when they can switch gears when they have a late lead. Get the puck in deep (something else they haven't always done well), chip it out before they get in trouble and be disciplined. They did those things the last two games and have two wins to show for it.

Solid wrap up. Wings love the puck, but sometimes to get you have to give. :thumbup:

So in my first post as TheLegend19 (changed from Manny4Prez) I would like to say good win tonight.

Whatever happened to that Manny guy anyways...?

:P

We may have been watching a different game. It looked to be like Draper basically grabbed Radulov by the shirt and took him to the ice. The only reason I don't care (besides being a Wings fan) was that the Franzen call was horses***. The universe became balanced once again.

I'll admit that I may have seen wrong, as I barely saw what happened (was back and forth between the TV and the monitor, caught the tail end of the Drapes takedown) but since Drapes was moving into the offensive zone, I didn't see any logical reason for him to bring down Radulov...of course, logic doesn't always apply to Kris Draper. :P

But true, the Franzen call was ridiculous. It was just a sign of the regular "Hey, the game's almost over and the Preds aren't winning or tied yet, so Mr. Bettman said we had to give them a power play in the final 3 minutes of the game" actions of the refs. :lol:

Guest Crymson

I've heard that the Wings hit everything that moved tonight. Is this true?

This is something they said on the Preds board, shows they really dont know hockey at all!!

"Well at least we lost to a team that played a great game, right? I mean, come on, who else can score twice and then trap for the rest of the game? They've gone with the wonderful strategy of DUMP AND NOT CHASE. Good god I hate Mike Babcock and anyone that ever plays that ###### style of hockey. THIS IS WHY NON-FANS THINK THE NHL IS BORING. THANKS!"

A predator fan--really needs to learn the strategy of the game!

I've heard that the Wings hit everything that moved tonight. Is this true?

Hardly. The Preds were all over us with the hits in the first, but we matched their physicality in the 2nd and 3rd. Franzen had 3 or 4 really nice hits though.

The Wings really didn't "trap". Because a team plays defensivly doesn't mean they trap.

I wonder how the Preds fans would hold up if they had to play New Jersey more often. My guess is they wouldn't.

The point of my post is that if you actually watched the game you could see Nashville standing 3-4 guys accross the blue line forcing us to dump it in--THEY dictaded the style of the game--we decided to dump it in rather than force it through defenders risking turnovers!

We probably trap less than any team in the league. Playing puck-possession is not trapping. Yes, we played a defense-first game in the third period, but that does not constitute a trap. We were still putting pressure on them.

I don't expect them to understand what the trap is anyway. For pete's sake, they BOO offsides and icing calls.

Side note:

The Columbus Blue Jackets pulled their goaltender when they were down two goals and Anaheim (surprise) scored the empty netter. Call me crazy, but Im pretty sure them winning the game wouldnt have done much.

And them losing it wouldn't matter either. So why not try to win?

Actually, that gamewas much closer then the score indicates. w/o the EN goal, and the two goals that Columbus' defensemen put in their own net, it could have turned differently. Anaheim played quite poorly and didn't dominate.

Aside: Do we really need to be visiting Preds boards to cherry pick the worst comments we can and re-post them here? I'll give you a summary of everything that's being said yonder: "Crap! We lost!"

Yeah, if other teams did that to us they'd be all..."RED WING FANS DON'T EVEN LIKE THEIR OWN TEAM." ha ha. But yeah, when we lose there's so many bad comments most of the time that it would be easy to make us look bad.

good win, i feel better and better about this teams chances in the playoffs when we play games that look and feel like that.

Ozzie and Dom both look sharp as a tack and now Bert!

get'em boys!

i don't care what anybody says,..seeing crap like that makes me think the nhl wants nashville to win the division.

saw the same crap last year with the officating against carolina in the finals.

I agree with you. 3 interferance should of been called on Nashville in this whole game

their cheerleaders tell them to cheer for offsides and icing, Edi... it's not the fans' fault.

:hehe:

Well, you'd be confused too if the cheerleaders were your sisters and wives. Neither one necessarily being mutually exclusive.

*ba-dum CRASH*

And that's my final "Nashville Stereotype-O-Rama" joke for the evening. I'd like to thank my gracious sponsors, Legionnaire and drsingle. Try the veal! GOODNIGHT NASHVILLE! :D

Well, you'd be confused too if the cheerleaders were your sisters and wives. Neither one necessarily being mutually exclusive.

*ba-dum CRASH*

And that's my final "Nashville Stereotype-O-Rama" joke for the evening. I'd like to thank my gracious sponsors, Legionnaire and drsingle. Try the veal! GOODNIGHT NASHVILLE! :D

:clap:

:lol:

*ba-dum CRASH*

Great stuff, made me laugh right before bed. :clap: