• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoWings1905

One Point To Clinch Central

Rate this topic

With Chicago beating Nashville tonight in the shootout, the Wings need just a point to clinch their 6th straight division title. This would mean the Wings finish no worse than the second seed for the playoffs. This really doesn't call for a celebration, but finishing ahead of the Predators is always nice. Hopefully, the Wings can somehow find a point against the powerful Blackhawks.

Congratulations. Detroit obviously deserves it. We're playing like the s***tiest team in the NHL right now. Words can't express how angry I am.

Mason looked like a black hole in net in the shootout. He didn't make a single save.

Wings by all means should be able to get ONE point in two games from the hawks.

they don't even have to win a game.

and my oh my,

Preds...good luck with Stars/Sharks/Wild door #5.

Edited by kylee

One more point to guarante us atleast one more banner to be hung in the rafers. Hopefully there's 2 more (Western Conference Champions and Stanley Cup Champions) after that.

Edited by Barrie

It seemed as if Mason had been watching Vokoun too much during shootouts. Normally, I would take Mason over Vokoun in a shootout. Usually, Mason stays put and waits for the shooter to make a move, whereas Vokoun scares the s*** out of me everytime by coming out almost to the blueline. Mason should have played more like himself and less like Vokoun. f***.

I never thought the wings would go 4-0-1 rest of the way against the preds the moment they acquired forsberg.

Nor did I. It seemed as if we we had the Western Conference locked down on paper.

Kariya-Legwand-Erat

Dumont-Arnott-Sullivan

Hartnell-Forsberg-Radulov

Hordichuk-Nichol-Tootoo

We had 3 scoring lines. And then Sullivan went down. And then Nichol went down. And then Hartnell went down. And then Erat went down. Then Arnott and Legwand got the flu. And then Tootoo got suspended. All of a sudden, we had 3 watered down lines and were using 7 defenseman.

Kariya-Legwand-Abid/Smithson/Fiddler/Tootoo

Dumont-Arnott-Abid

Fiddler-Forsberg-Radulov

Hordichuk-Peverly-Smithson

Every team gets bit by the injury bug. But we got raped by the injury bug. That doesn't make it feel any better though. Champions fight through injuries and find a way to win.

I still want to throw up.

Nor did I. It seemed as if we we had the Western Conference locked down on paper.

Kariya-Legwand-Erat

Dumont-Arnott-Sullivan

Hartnell-Forsberg-Radulov

Hordichuk-Nichol-Tootoo

We had 3 scoring lines. And then Sullivan went down. And then Nichol went down. And then Hartnell went down. And then Erat went down. Then Arnott and Legwand got the flu. And then Tootoo got suspended. All of a sudden, we had 3 watered down lines and were using 7 defenseman.

Kariya-Legwand-Abid/Smithson/Fiddler/Tootoo

Dumont-Arnott-Abid

Fiddler-Forsberg-Radulov

Hordichuk-Peverly-Smithson

Every team gets bit by the injury bug. But we got raped by the injury bug. That doesn't make it feel any better though. Champions fight through injuries and find a way to win.

I still want to throw up.

Well a team that hasn't been hit with the injury bug is the Canucks, they've been soo damn lucky i hate it

It was nice getting Tootoo back on Saturday and Nichol back tonight. Hartnell is set to return on Thursday, so that will be great as well. There is a chance Erat might be back for Game 1 of the playoffs, but I'm not holding my breath. The way the Predators are holding out on Sullivan makes me fear that he isn't lacing up again until October.

Even if we do get our whole team back, I'm not sure if we've got the heart or desire to make a deep run. We look like a completely different team compared to the team I knew 3 months ago. I hope they prove me wrong.

yeah we had a similar situation in 04'. We had so many injuries this site was called the Detroit griffins for a while lol.

I remember that! Didn't Matt change the logo and everything?

I'm actually hoping Nashville's get a full roster back by playoff time, it'd make a great " true rival series." Assuming Detroit can survive their dreaded enemy, the first round.

I just now realized this; doesn't entirely pertain to this thread's topic, but not entirely worthy of it's own. But Toronto and Montreal, both a point apart and fighting madly for the 8th spot in the East, face each other on the 7th. Huet's probably going to be back too, this might be the best game of the year!