• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
GoWings1905

One Point To Clinch Central

Rate this topic

Umm correct me if II'm wrong but Detroit has 49 wins and 110 pts with 2 games remaining.

Nashville remains at 49 wins and 106 pts.

EVEN if Detroit loses their next 2 games and Nashville wins their next two games both teams would have 110 pts correct?

Wouldn't the tie breaker go to Detroit since the head-to-head series between DET/NAS is well in Detroit's favour?

Basically what i'm trying to say is I think Detroit CLINCHED the division tonight.

Umm correct me if II'm wrong but Detroit has 49 wins and 110 pts with 2 games remaining.

Nashville remains at 49 wins and 106 pts.

EVEN if Detroit loses their next 2 games and Nashville wins their next two games both teams would have 110 pts correct?

Wouldn't the tie breaker go to Detroit since the head-to-head series between DET/NAS is well in Detroit's favour?

Basically what i'm trying to say is I think Detroit CLINCHED the division tonight.

No b/c first tie breaker is most wins. Good try though.

Really?? It's been officially released?!?!

I not sure how I feel about Detroit and another first place finish

I got my ways.... but most likely they will play on the 11th.

The way I feel about Detroit finsihing 1st again and possibly another presidents trophy is awesome!!!! It shows our superior dominance of the NHL for the past 10+ years. It is an amazing accomplishment in my book.

I know what you're saying I would hate to see the Wings finish 1st and then bow out again in the 1st round.

atleast if they finished 4th and lost to 5th place it wouldn't seem as bad...

I can hear all my friends taunting me already if the Wings bow out in the 1st round again this year.

Neato...

Who would've thought that this would have happened back in December or January with Nashville running away from the division and Anaheim playing so strong?

We've all seen the Wings do this song and dance before being the best in the regular season and we all know it's not the most important goal.

However, hopefully it was a part of some goal in the pyramid chain for the team, and hopefully not the main goal obviously.

As long as they don't snooze, they'll get one of these two games with a point. Celebrate the trophy for a day (assuming they win), then forget about it the next day and go back to work, hard....

Surely he was reffering to the term Homo, as in the genus classification for human beings; Homo Sapien. :lol:

Edit: uh oh, just posted a quote to a deleted response, now either i'll get deleted too or I'll look like a crazy person.

Edit x2: OKay maybe I'm not the only one, either way you mods are faaaaast.

UGH my post got deleted, not fair lol!

I'm sorry I wasn't trying to be rude to you. I've made the same mistake so I was just trying to help you out. No need for name calling.

Well I defended you if you didn't see my post, but it got deleted.

But just thought I would let you know I defened your point! :blush::)

UGH my post got deleted, not fair lol!

Well I defended you if you didn't see my post, but it got deleted.

But just thought I would let you know I defened your point! :blush::)

:lol: Thanks. It's all good. We're all friends here. And we're definitely going to get that one point. GO WINGS!

:lol: Thanks. It's all good. We're all friends here. And we're definitely going to get that one point. GO WINGS!

You're welcome! :D

No reason what so ever for name calling.

And yes GO WINGS! I see 4 more points in our future, not that one point, but a whole 4!

Nice to know we're still the kings of the Central. That is if they don't pull a Tigers and blow it in the final two games.

What's also nice is that they're having to fight for it and be in do or die mode all the way up to the playoffs.

Unfortunately I'd rather not play Calgary. They're still the rough-and-tumble team that knocked us out in 2004, and they have the same goaltender. I went to the Canucks-Flames game in Vancouver on Saturday and not only was Calgary the more physical team, but Kiprusoff stood on his head. As usual. Games like tonight's in the playoffs will get us steamrolled.

Nice to know we're still the kings of the Central. That is if they don't pull a Tigers and blow it in the final two games.

What's also nice is that they're having to fight for it and be in do or die mode all the way up to the playoffs.

Unfortunately I'd rather not play Calgary. They're still the rough-and-tumble team that knocked us out in 2004, and they have the same goaltender. I went to the Canucks-Flames game in Vancouver on Saturday and not only was Calgary the more physical team, but Kiprusoff stood on his head. As usual. Games like tonight's in the playoffs will get us steamrolled.

please don't scare me like that lol. :ph34r:

Lets talk positive here!!!

Guest Tunbo Batman

they can handle them. they got ice advantage, and didnt they win 7-4 this year or something?

also, we can hope that the officiating wont be as nonexistent as in 2004. yes i know, its going to be very very bad, but maybe not nonexistent.

If we get the 1 spot and play Calgary, we'd better be a lot more physical in the playoffs this year. I'm sick of seeing less talented teams like Calgary bully us around which leads to them winning (i.e. 2004). I wanna see Bertuzzi rub off on his teammates and just cream the Flames. Put a whoopin so bad on them in game one that they wont want to come back for game two.

Calgary scares the crap out of me when i think about a first round matchup with them. I just keep thinking about the 2004 series, the roar of the crown in calgary and that damn red goal light.

Still, i think we have a great shot at them. Calgary have been awful on the road this season, and if we can jump out to a 2-0 lead in the series, then all we really have to do is steal 1 on the road and come back to the joe and finish it. Obviously its easier said than done but we've beaten the flames both times at the joe this year. Still, we're a little more physical especially with bertuzzi and calder, and just that little scuffle vs the predators a few weeks ago with lilja and sammy gave me a little bit of and idea that this team will stick up for themselves physically. I hope that trend continues, cause we're going to need it!

GO WINGS!

Guest Tunbo Batman

Does anyone have any link to the preseason predictions? I remember writers saying the Wings wouldn't even make the playoffs. Anyone?

hockey analysts predict dire things to the wings every year since 1994, proving that there opinions arent worth any better than yours or mine, only they get paid for it :P

Edited by Tunbo Batman

Mason looked like a black hole in net in the shootout. He didn't make a single save.

Yes, because Detroit has been so much better in shootouts.

We had better win convincingly at home, because we had absolutely nothing in Calgary. And, I agree, that they aren't that much different than in 2004, and I'm not 100% convinced that we're better "enough" to overcome a team like them, which is why I don't want them to play in Round 1.