• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
regwinguofmfan

Those of us with cable providers that dont have VS

Rate this topic

In Gary Bettmans genius, he put the NHL on a network that a lot of the country doesnt even have access too.

Nice plan.

My question:

Is there any way for me to tune into the playoffs this year beyond NBC two games a week?

I miss ESPN!

option 1-get comcast

option 2-cbc canadian channel

well that depends.

im in the same boat as you.

i dont have Versus.

but,

do you live in michigan?

if so,

you will see that every game in this series is also being broadcasted on CBC and if im not mistaken, FSN detroit is also calling the games.

Same here, I don't have Versus either.

My alternatives are CBC, FSND (Wings), games streamed online (Comcast, Yahoo, Sopcast). Sopcast should have some games that are on Versus. There is also a Versus stream, but it has been down for a while now.

Edited by aflac9262

I hope next year they get a new network instead of VS, I was told that the NHL has the option not to continue with VS after this season, I wish they go with multiple stations like NBC and USA together at the same time, like ABC and ESPN does for the NBA

I hope next year they get a new network instead of VS, I was told that the NHL has the option not to continue with VS after this season, I wish they go with multiple stations like NBC and USA together at the same time, like ABC and ESPN does for the NBA

Keep hoping...Versus has the NHL through 2011.

Link

Amid flat national ratings and sliding regional numbers, Comcast will remain in the rink with the National Hockey League into the next decade.

Comcast’s Versus network will televise national NHL games through 2011 after exercising an option to air the 2007-08 season and picking up the rights to three additional campaigns.

ESPN had almost every playoff game till the conference finals on one of their 4 channels.

It was great, playoff hockey all night every night.

This new "lets get the NHL some exposure" plan of the crack marketing team is well........I cant really describe it except to say it has been odd.

I dont live in MI so that goes out the window. Guess I gotta get on the net. and that is pretty lame.

i am 99% certain that FSN is carrying the first two rounds, as long as it isn't already going to be on NBC. detroit news today lists them as having TV coverage for the first series.

i was forced to upgrade to digital cable to get versus in my channel selection. damn you, wowway! ::shakes fist::

i am 99% certain that FSN is carrying the first two rounds, as long as it isn't already going to be on NBC. detroit news today lists them as having TV coverage for the first series.

i was forced to upgrade to digital cable to get versus in my channel selection. damn you, wowway! ::shakes fist::

I already had the digicable, but I went and ordered my provider's "Sports Pack" yesterday to ensure that I have Versus for the playoffs. It'll only end up being an extra $5 - $10 for me ($4.99/mo and I'll cancel it as soon as the Wings are no longer playing).

I just found out that FSN detroit will carry game 1 of the red wings playoffs. It's on the web site at fsn.com Also check out fsn plus which is channel 14 on wow cable for 48312 zip code. They might have some games on there. If all else fails there's always Don Cherry and channel 9 on most cable providers.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo

I just called WOW. Cant even add VS to my package in Chicago.

This is *** heck.

Crappy Wow.

That sucks. We get it here in Michigan.

Direct TV has VS Network and the Center Ice Package, which I do have!! BUT! in case you didnt look at the scheduling very closley Games 3 & 4, in Calgary, will be the 2nd game of a VS doubleheader!! which means I and everone else, could get screwed seeing the game if the 1st game being shown (Pit vs Ott) goes into a long OT--this is BULLs*** SCHEDULING by the NHL!! FIRE BETTMAN!!!!!!!!!!! Ive had enough of his s***ting on us fans!!!!

Edited by Lazerbeam

i have comcast...

so i have VS, FSN, NBC and CBC to watch hockey...

im still going to miss like 4 of the series... the ones on TSN.. which i dont and CANT get... :crazy:

no Ducks/Wild or Preds/Sharks for me tonite...

no Sabres/Isles or Devs/Lightning or Thrashers/Rangers for me thur nite... :angry:

Edited by PolskAltima

i have comcast...

so i have VS, FSN, NBC and CBC to watch hockey...

im still going to miss like 4 of the series... the ones on TSN.. which i dont and CANT get... :crazy:

no Ducks/Wild or Preds/Sharks for me tonite...

no Sabres/Isles or Devs/Lightning or Thrashers/Rangers for me thur nite... :angry:

sharks vs preds is on comcast live tonight! :thumbup:

thx for the heads up... i rather watch it on my big tv over my pc monitor tho...

ahh well... at least i can catch that game...

Hook your computer up to your big tv :)