• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pjgj13

Do you think.....

Rate this topic

Cheap shotting? I would say physical, but we'll agree to disagree.

But crybaby? Come on now when has he ever shown to be like that? Iginla is a class act that is respected around the league by players, coaches and the media.

Don't you see the irony calling someone a "cheap shotting crybaby" when your avatar is Bertuzzi?

I dont know about him being a cheap shot but he sure is a baby. When a player like Hank hits him completely cleanly and he has to go after him ?? Total baby.

That is everything I hate about todays NHL player. They get hit cleanly and then cry and go after the guy like they got run from behind into the boards.

Hank did nothing to warrant Iginla going after him...simple as that.

Cheap shotting? I would say physical, but we'll agree to disagree.

But crybaby? Come on now when has he ever shown to be like that? Iginla is a class act that is respected around the league by players, coaches and the media.

Don't you see the irony calling someone a "cheap shotting crybaby" when your avatar is Bertuzzi?

I agree with you here. I dont think Iginla is cheap-shotting AT ALL. He is physical to the core and a tough SOB, but I think you are a little off about him being respected by everyone around the league. He IS captain Canada to those beating the drum for Canadian pride, but there are many people who are losing respect for how he handles his temper. Sure, if he wants to send a message by fighting Hatcher, Parros, etc then go right ahead, but with him USUALLY (not always) keeping his visor on when he fights, he has lost him a lot of respect over the past 3 years or so. Add that on to the fact that his main target last night was ZETTERBERG of all people and youve got a guy whos stock as respected has dropped a bit.

That being said, nobody would EVER doubt Iginla's ability to lead a team - hes got leadership in spades and everybody knows that - but with that said, he is the guy who should be reigning in his team when they go after the non-fighting skilled guys instead of leading that charge.

Edited by YoungGuns1340

The only things I have a problem with is him bird-dogging Zetterberg and Datsyuk... seriously? Come on man, be a bigger man than THAT.

Agreed. I understand that his team was losing and all, but he went way over the line a couple of times there. One of the funniest things was that he actually thought Zetterberg was going to throw down the gloves and fight him. And really, what did Zetterberg do to him that made him so mad anyways?

Captain Visor will get his ass kicked by Bertuzzi. Maybe not in a drop the gloves fist fight, but Bertuzzi will lay him out with a big check. Wait and see.

His temper can change the whole dynamic of a game. I've seen him games where he gets rocked by hit from someone and next shift he will come out and be a force. A force that changes the whole flow of a game. Sure his temper can get the better of him, but for the most part it is a great motivation for the team.

As a Wings fan who has seen Bert and Iggy play each other dozens of times I have a concern.

The Calgary guy's comment above is bang on. I hope Bert is not so stupid as to go out and try to hammer Iggy or Phnuf for that matter. Many Wings fans have this misconception that Bert is a fighter.....he is not! He rarely fights and more often takes cheap penalties. Bert hitting on Iggy will serve as the same as the old days in Detroit when Stevie was hit. It gears up the whole team and actually drive momentum in the wrong direction.

Again...I seen this happen many times over in the Calgary v Vancouver(Bert) days.

The game the past night shows that Calgary was asleep. We do not need to wake them up :zzz:

I sort of understand what some of you getting at, but I'm not sure what your expecting him to do? This playoff hockey. Your star player is not immune to getting hit. Questionable hits will happen, I'm sure they'll get sent Calgary's way in the next couple of games. But some of the responses here are coming across like this is the first game you have ever seen him play. Calling him a goon etc is pretty amateur.

I sort of understand what some of you getting at, but I'm not sure what your expecting him to do? This playoff hockey. Your star player is not immune to getting hit. Questionable hits will happen, I'm sure they'll get sent Calgary's way in the next couple of games. But some of the responses here are coming across like this is the first game you have ever seen him play. Calling him a goon etc is pretty amateur.

Iginla can hit Zetterberg as much as he wants. That's the game of hockey. What isn't the game of hockey is Iginla grabbing Zetterberg's jersey and bitching after Zetterberg lays a clean hit. Hank isn't a fighter.

Iginla can hit Zetterberg as much as he wants. That's the game of hockey. What isn't the game of hockey is Iginla grabbing Zetterberg's jersey and bitching after Zetterberg lays a clean hit. Hank isn't a fighter.

Good post. That sums it up pretty well.

Iginla should have challenged someone who would have actually fought him, like Markov or Lilja. Going after a guy like Zetterberg, who doesn't fight, is pretty stupid. And classless at that.

I could just be wearing my homer glasses but this just seems like playoff hockey to me.

And

Henrik = Hank?

I could just be wearing my homer glasses but this just seems like playoff hockey to me.

Do you really think going after someone for a clean hit is playoff hockey? It's more like ******* hockey. Leave that job to Sean Avery or somebody like that.

Henrik = Hank?

Yes, that's correct.

Do you really think going after someone for a clean hit is playoff hockey? It's more like ******* hockey. Leave that job to Sean Avery or somebody like that.

I agree that it is ******* hockey, but if the shoe was on the other fit and we were getting our asses handed to us....would you not expect to at least try something to get motivated and show some fight.

I think this is just the result of competiveness and not a result of goonism.

Also, Sean Avery is being credited with the resurgence of the Rangers...he's been really good for them....

I guess, but what would you think of Bertuzzi if Huselius landed a nice hit on him and Todd came after him after the whistle looking for a fight and bitching to the refs?

I guess, but what would you think of Bertuzzi if Huselius landed a nice hit on him and Todd came after him after the whistle looking for a fight and bitching to the refs?

Well Bertuzzi is not a good example for to you use, because I wouldn't be surprised at all because of the "hockey" that he plays. But I see what you are getting at. Players complaining never really irks me. Players running goalies or dishing out late hits, elbows etc is what constitutes a bad player in my books.

Crosby complains a lot, and his temper gets the better of him more so than Iginla. I don't hear the same sentiment toward him that I am hearing about Iginla. But perhaps I should be looking at a Senators board for that.

Well Bertuzzi is not a good example for to you use, because I wouldn't be surprised at all because of the "hockey" that he plays. But I see what you are getting at. Players complaining never really irks me. Players running goalies or dishing out late hits, elbows etc is what constitutes a bad player in my books.

Crosby complains a lot, and his temper gets the better of him more so than Iginla. I don't hear the same sentiment toward him that I am hearing about Iginla. But perhaps I should be looking at a Senators board for that.

Crosby not a very good comparison. He's not even half as physical as Iggy

Crosby does ***** alot, and have a bad temper, but I think it's not such a big topic, as he's only 19, and a second year player. Kids are expected to act a bit immature. Iginla, however, has been in the league for years, and as a seasoned veteran, should be able to keep his emotions in check, and not cry to the refs after every call.

The way iginla reacted was exactly as to be expected. The flames were getting dominated in every aspect of the game and regardless of his personal effort, the team just was not responding. He was frustrated, and was trying to take his frustrations out in an effort that would help motivate his team. Hopefully the team can respond to the emotion next game, if nothing else.

Crosby does ***** alot, and have a bad temper, but I think it's not such a big topic, as he's only 19, and a second year player. Kids are expected to act a bit immature. Iginla, however, has been in the league for years, and as a seasoned veteran, should be able to keep his emotions in check, and not cry to the refs after every call.

Although I would tend to agree, the history between the flames and mick mcgeough isn't the prettiest. He was probably the last ref that flames fans, and players, would have picked to call a game. I'm not saying that old mick has a vendetta against the flames, but sometimes the emotions get the best of you, especially at a time when the stakes are so high.

The way iginla reacted was exactly as to be expected. The flames were getting dominated in every aspect of the game and regardless of his personal effort, the team just was not responding. He was frustrated, and was trying to take his frustrations out in an effort that would help motivate his team. Hopefully the team can respond to the emotion next game, if nothing else.

Exactly. It's not like he pulled a Hartnell or ran the goalie.

Although I would tend to agree, the history between the flames and mick mcgeough isn't the prettiest. He was probably the last ref that flames fans, and players, would have picked to call a game. I'm not saying that old mick has a vendetta against the flames, but sometimes the emotions get the best of you, especially at a time when the stakes are so high.

Calgary does have a rough history with McGeough. But that can't be blamed for the loss. But your right it can be a source of frustration for the Flames.

Calgary does have a rough history with McGeough. But that can't be blamed for the loss. But your right it can be a source of frustration for the Flames.

I absolutely agree, I wasn't trying to blame him for the loss.

I would list the people I would like to blame, but it would be too long. Instead I will list who i don't blame:

Kipper

/list

Exactly. It's not like he pulled a Hartnell or ran the goalie.

The Man seems to have trouble with a lot of teams

IPB Image

I like Iginla. I really do. From the limited action I have seen of the Flames in the past, I really like his demeanor, he seems like a heck of a leader. Iginila, IMO is far from a jackass overall, but as stated before in here, he's lost his cool before if Calgary is out of a game. Maybe it's a tactic to help out his team, but sometimes you have to keep your emotions in check. I like that he is fiery/intense, but you got to control it as well.