• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jiggy_12

I'm actually kind of impressed

Rate this topic

I have to say, I'm really impressd by your team.

Not once all year, or last year, or the season before that have the Flames been manhandled in back to back games.

This has been a team that bounces back from embarrasment. I chalked game 1 up to nerves, and a lack of preparation. I assumed game 2 would be a closer battle that we could probably come out on top with.

But no, it was another beatdown...some may say it was worse. Now nobody can use the excuse that we werent ready, or that we were nervous, or that we didn't have our best Defenseman.

You guys bent us over and had your collective way with us. If it wasn't for that Finnish freak in our nets to make the score look respectable, one might think you were facing an AHL team.

The Flames now have to play flawless hockey. 1 slip-up on home ice and we'll be down 3-1, or we won't even make it back to Detroit.

I'm still confident we'll find our game at home, but it might still not even be close to the game you guys will bring.

Just impressive.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Thanks for the compliments Jiggy! :)

Kipper really is the only one keeping the Flames in the series. If he wasn't playing as good as he had, both games would have been about 7-1 or 8-1. Not saying this just because I'm a Wings fan either. Calgary looked very unmotivated in both games, and was getting beat many times.

Let me ask: Is Jim Playfair that bad of a coach? Calgary is really looking sluggish, and I wonder if Playfair is even saying anything to his team.

Not once all year, or last year, or the season before that have the Flames been manhandled in back to back games.

This has been a team that bounces back from embarrasment. I chalked game 1 up to nerves, and a lack of preparation. I assumed game 2 would be a closer battle that we could probably come out on top with.

But no, it was another beatdown...some may say it was worse. Now nobody can use the excuse that we werent ready, or that we were nervous, or that we didn't have our best Defenseman.

You guys bent us over and had your collective way with us. If it wasn't for that Finnish freak in our nets to make the score look respectable, one might think you were facing an AHL team.

The Flames now have to play flawless hockey. 1 slip-up on home ice and we'll be down 3-1, or we won't even make it back to Detroit.

I'm still confident we'll find our game at home, but it might still not even be close to the game you guys will bring.

Just impressive.

Well Thank You, It takes stones to come on here and say that!! That is very respectable of you!! I think Calgary will come out (no punn intended) , but fired up, they play different at home for some reason, best of luck to you, and thank you for being so respectful, finally some true hockey fans!! :thumbup:

Well Thank You, It takes stones to come on here and say that!! That is very respectable of you!! I think Calgary will come out (no punn intended) , but fired up, they play different at home for some reason, best of luck to you, and thank you for being so respectful, finally some true hockey fans!! :thumbup:

Yea, definitely. You've proven to be an excellent poster. It is nice to get a prospective from the other side. :thumbup:

Thanks for the compliments Jiggy! :)

Kipper really is the only one keeping the Flames in the series. If he wasn't playing as good as he had, both games would have been about 7-1 or 8-1. Not saying this just because I'm a Wings fan either. Calgary looked very unmotivated in both games, and was getting beat many times.

Let me ask: Is Jim Playfair that bad of a coach? Calgary is really looking sluggish, and I wonder if Playfair is even saying anything to his team.

I've been anti-Playfair myself since about mid January. This stuff never happened with Sutter at the helm. If they were embarrased 1 game, they were out for blood the next.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I think the upcoming games in Calgary will be much closer, the atmosphere in that building is always so great.

I have a feeling game 3 will be a loss. But well bounce back in game 4

Thanks, Jiggy. :clap:

I hope you stick around these boards no matter how the series ends.

You know what? I kept telling everyone that Playfair is just TOO soft. Just watching his reaction on the bench, and seeing him during stoppages and stuff.. he just looks like he doesn't care! I mean im sorry to say, but thats just what I sense. He's just too damn soft spoken, and seems way too quiet. This isn't the Flames of '04. It's just weird. I mean honestly I know A LOT of people on here were afraid of facing the Flames in the first round, but I wasn't at all. A lot of it had to due with their coach, and also due them being not so threatening anymore physically. I don't know though. I'm sure they'll come out desperate in Game 3, but for some reason STILL..my gut feeling says the Wings will still play great.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Detroit is good at home.

Calgary is bad on the road.

Detroit is bad in Western Canada.

Calgary is best at home.

We'll see if these trends continue...

TSN's Bob McKenzie is calling for the Flames to part ways with Playfair before game 3. Honestly, with the way that they've played over the last 2 games, I actually could see this happening.

I wouldn't be opposed. Playfair is not the guy for this team.

Some Flames fans have been calling for his head for months. Not that its all his fault, the team as a whole has to be held accountable. But you can't get rid of a whole team, so turning to the coach may be the only way.

Either way, I think we're done for. This ain't our year.

Guest tangstoiggy

TSN's Bob McKenzie is calling for the Flames to part ways with Playfair before game 3. Honestly, with the way that they've played over the last 2 games, I actually could see this happening.

Well he may have a point, mind you I don't really listen to what they say on TSN...but

It is becoming more and more evident that something is soooo wrong with that Flames team.

We have awesome players on that team...on paper this is a team built to win the cup...

So what is the problem...is it the coaching....can you actually bring in a different coach in the middle of a series

I would like to believe that Playfair has lost the room....and its not a riff amongst the Players.

But come next season, something needs to change, and it needs to start with coaching.

But yes Kudos, to the Wings, for playing great hockey, and actually surprising alot of people in the Hockey World.

This is definantly not the same Wing team from seasons past.

Ok, so in the Wid\Ducks situation...they are about to be down 3 games to none.....would one repalce that coach also....its a hard call...and the Wild were expected to go deep into the playoffs

Edited by tangstoiggy

Well he may have a point, mind you I don't really listen to what they say on TSN...but

It is becoming more and more evident that something is soooo wrong with that Flames team.

We have awesome players on that team...on paper this is a team built to win the cup...

So what is the problem...is it the coaching....can you actually bring in a different coach in the middle of a series

I would like to believe that Playfair has lost the room....and its not a riff amongst the Players.

But come next season, something needs to change, and it needs to start with coaching.

But yes Kudos, to the Wings, for playing great hockey, and actually surprising alot of people in the Hockey World.

This is definantly not the same Wing team from seasons past.

Off topic, but are you a guy or gal?

Guest tangstoiggy

I have a feeling game 3 will be a loss. But well bounce back in game 4

Oh I hope your feeling is right....this team needs a win right now, to restore a little bit of confidence.

Who knows, maybe we will see Sutter behind the Bench in game 3.....

Off topic, but are you a guy or gal?

UHM.....a GAL....why

Guest tangstoiggy

Nothing, just wondering.

Please don;t say that you are one of those ones, that think women know nothing about hockey.

My BF, hates hockey, hasn;t a clue when I even mention a players name.

My wife is a Flames fan.

We made a deal this morning, that whichever of the teams beats the other, we will both root for it.

I just really hope that she will be cheering on the Wings next week! :)

But if I have to cheer for the Flames - Good on you guys! :):)

Just impressive.

Thanks dude, I am equally impressed with the Wings this year. I thought that we had a awesome team last year but got it handed to us by the Oilers. I was kinda scared that we had to play you guys the first round but now I am not, it seems that you have lost some of your physical tenacity. I did not expect this Wings team to be as physical as they are now, I am so impressed with them this year. Hopefully we will be watching them in the Cup Finals this year!!!!

Please don;t say that you are one of those ones, that think women know nothing about hockey.

My BF, hates hockey, hasn;t a clue when I even mention a players name.

nah, shes a woman.