• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Stan Leycup X

Kiprusoff

Rate this topic

well ive never been a fan of ignila im not gonna say hes over rated, hes a hell of a player but with it being playoffs is the time to step up and hes not getting the job done for the flames.

well ive never been a fan of ignila im not gonna say hes over rated, hes a hell of a player but with it being playoffs is the time to step up and hes not getting the job done for the flames.

I actually like Iginla most of the time, but you're right, he's been shut down so far. Let's hope it stays that way.

I'm betting he'll be looking for any excuse to drop the gloves in the next game.

does anyone think if the series continues like this in calgary that it might hurt kippers reputation

not in the least. Kipper won't be the last goalie to be the only one playing for his team, and he won't be the last. He's the only reason the Flames aren't waving a white flag right now instead of a red one.

Harold's right, the rest of the team has some 'splainin' to do. :blink: Iginla talks a lot, so does Phaneuf. But I don't hear anything resembling good excuses for their play in Game 1 and 2.

In regard to the "flashiness" of goalie saves, when I played high school hockey, our goalie (and my best friend) was called "TV" because he was always trying to make a save like the pro goalies - in a spectacular fashion. Needless to say, he was benched our senior year in favor of a sophmore because the sophmore was a real basic guy who could actually keep the puck out of the net. ;)

Are people just seeing the number of saves and assuming he played so great? To me, it seemed like most of the shots Detroit was taking was unscreened slapshots from about 60 feet away, which any NHL goalie should be stopping.

Meanwhile, Datsyuk's long wrist shot goes in...

Kiprusoff seems flashy too, the reason I used to dislike Cujo. He'll get the puck in his glove and then do the windmill thing to make it look like a better save than it was.

He's a great goalie, I just don't know why these guys keep saying how awesome he played in Game 2.

Need I say more, just watch how he played in Game 4 final 10 mins. If you don't think Kipper is awesome, I don't know what it.

Kiprusoff.

It it were any other goalie between the pipes, the series would be over. He has made at least 10 SPECTACULAR saves every game that have kept the score respectable.

The Wings have not been playing terrible on 5 on 5 situations. Notice I left out the special teams situation. If we can keep ourselves out of the box and get some favorable calls at home we are in good shape.

That being said, if something were to happen to him tomorrow ;) the Wings will take this series in the next 2 games. But if not we are in trouble and we will need more than lucky deflections and bonehead plays by their D to beat this Flamers team.

Don't feel bad, he has been solved before by lesser teams. All Bab's has to do is capitalize on the last change and overwhelm their D with our power and stifle Iginla and now Langkow and we will be set for games 5 and 7.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

I did like that one PP in the third where all you heard from the announcers was... SHOT BLOCKED.... SHOT BLOCKED...SHOT BLOCKED...SHOT BLOCKED.... PUCK CLEARED. couldn't even get a shot on Kipper on the PP