IPB Image

IPB Image

TV: CBC (HD), FSN Detroit, VERSUS

RADIO: FREE FM 97.1, WXYT 1270 AM *, FAN 960 AM

SIRIUS: 123 (Schedule)

XM: 205 (Schedule)

* JOINED IN PROGRESS AT 10:30 PM

IPB Image

â–º Bertuzzi remains a game time decision (he was cleared to play on Friday); Bert says he is ready, but Babcock isn't convinced.

â–º Robyn Regehr returned on Sunday, but did not return after getting hurt in the second period. He is questionable for tonight.

IPB Image

DETROIT

IPB ImageTodd Bertuzzi (Concussion); Game-Time Decision

IPB ImageNiklas Kronwall (Back); Out

CALGARY

IPB ImageRichie Regehr (Concussion); Out

IPB ImageRobyn Regehr (Knee); Questionable

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

DETROIT RED WINGS

GOALS: (2) P. Datsyuk, V. Filppula, N. Lidstrom

ASSISTS: (2) J. Franzen, J. Hudler, M. Schneider

+/-: (3) P. Datsyuk, T. Holmstrom, M. Schneider, H. Zetterberg

PIM: (14) D. Cleary

CALGARY FLAMES

GOALS: (1) D. Phaneuf, A. Tanguay

ASSISTS: (2) K. Huselius

+/-: (0)

PIM: (10) B. Ritchie

IPB Image

IPB Image

Offense

1: HENRIK ZETTERBERG - PAVEL DATSYUK - TOMAS HOLMSTROM

2: KYLE CALDER - ROBERT LANG - MIKAEL SAMUELSSON

3: DAN CLEARY - KRIS DRAPER - KIRK MALTBY

4: JOHAN FRANZEN - VALTTERI FILPPULA - JIRI HUDLER

Defense

1: NICKLAS LIDSTROM - DANNY MARKOV

2: MATHIEU SCHNEIDER - ANDREAS LILJA

3: BRETT LEBDA - CHRIS CHELIOS

IPB Image

Offense

1: ALEX TANGUAY - CRAIG CONROY - JAROME IGINLA

2: KRISTIAN HUSELIUS - DAYMOND LANGKOW - DAVID MOSS

3: JEFF FRIESEN - MARCUS NILSON - STEPHANE YELLE

4: WAYNE PRIMEAU - MATTHEW LOMBARDI - TONY AMONTE

Defense

1: ROMAN HAMRLIK - DION PHANEUF

2: BRAD STUART - ANDREI ZYUZIN

3: DAVID HALE - RHETT WARRENER

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

HIGHLIGHTS WILL BE DOWNLOADABLE FOR EACH GAME AS THE SERIES PROGRESSES

GAME 1: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 2: STREAM - DOWNLOAD

GAME 3:(4/17) DET @ CGY - 10:00 PM ET - (TV: FSND, CBC, VERSUS)

GAME 4:(4/19) DET @ CGY - -9:30 PM ET - (TV: FSND, CBC, VERSUS)

GAME 5:(4/21) CGY @ DET - -3:00 PM ET - (TV: CBC, NBC)*

GAME 6:(4/22) DET @ CGY - --------TBD - (TV: FSND, CBC, VERSUS)*

GAME 7:(4/24) CGY @ DET - --------TBD - (TV: FSND, CBC, VERSUS)*

* If necessary

Edited by aflac9262

Awesome GDT

Can't wait for this game to start. Honestly to me this game is gonna come down to Hasek. I think this will be the first game in the series where he's gonna have to stand on his head and do his patended snow angel and win this game. I'm willing to bet that Calgary's gonna pepper him with shots from the get go, and he knows this. So I expect him to be ready to steal this game. If the Wings win this game tonight well enough said. LETS GO RED WINGS.....LETS GO RED WINGS!!!!!!

^^ agreed.

looking for the Wings to continue to play hard and for the forwards to keep defending themselves in the corners.

i wouldn't be entirely surprised if calgary scores first at home.

detroit has to counter and not get rattled.

good game from dom = 3-0 lead for the good guys?

(come onnnnn BOBBY!)

Huge, huge, HUGE game tonight. I would so much rather be up 3-0 after this game, than 2-1, with the Flames possibly getting momentum back for game 4 on home ice.

This series especially has shown just how important each and every game is to win.

Last year we were one of the best home teams in the league, yet went 2-2 at the dome against the Ducks in the playoffs.

During the 03/04 run, only 6 of our 15 playoff wins came on home ice.

Recent history suggests you guys have a great chance, if not a better chance of a victory than us.

We shall see...do or die time for Calgary.

Edited by Jiggy_12

Calgary is going to come out playing hard: they're in a desperate situation and they know as well as us the importance behind winning game 3. They're going to play more disciplined hockey, and probably a dump and chase game, shooting at Hasek at every possible opportunity. They'll have players swarming the net as often as they can, and Iginla will have the advantage in the next two games because of the home ice line change rules.

With that said, if we want to win this, we're going to have to play with the same hunger that we've been playing in the past two games. This means everyone laying the body, and not waiting to be hit, winning the small battles along the boards and behind the net, and playing tight defense (including having a second "shadow" besides Lidstrom for when Iginla is out during Lidstrom's break). Power plays are going to be more important in this game, because Calgary will be showing more discipline than in the past two games. We need to take advantage of what chances they give us, and force them into giving us PPs as often as possible by winning the little battles and out skating them.

The first goal is going to be very important, as both teams want to score early to set the tone.

i think ya have kippers stats backwards, hard to stop 97 shots when ya only faced 90 :P

Indeed :P All fixed now though.

Lets hope the Wings can come out with the same intensity even with the hostile environment!

I cannot wait!!!!!

Flames are definitely going to come out hard and desperate. The Wings need to come out flying and get a goal early to silence the crowd.

I've got a good feeling yet again.

Wings win it 2-0. *Cleary, Franzen*

(Don't get mad at me for predicting a SO..it's just that I had that feeling for this game the second Game 2 finished)

Dom comes up HUGE.

LETS GO WINGS!!!!! SHUT DOWN THOSE FLAMES!!! GO DOM!!!!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Huge, huge, HUGE game tonight. I would so much rather be up 3-0 after this game, than 2-1, with the Flames possibly getting momentum back for game 4 on home ice.

This series especially has shown just how important each and every game is to win.

Excellent point, something I've been thinking a lot about lately.

HAVE to win games 1 and 2 to set the tone and keep home ice.

HAVE to win game 3, otherwise they'll have a chance to tie it up and grab all the momentum in game 4.

HAVE to win game 4, especially if we lose game 3. But even if we don't, we need to put our foot on their throat in a hurry.

HAVE to win game 5, that's always a pivotal game in any series.

HAVE to win games 6 and 7, that goes without saying.

It's amazing how uncomfortable I am, even with a 2-0 series lead and after dominating both games. I'll feel a lot better if we can make it 3-0.

I'm going to be in class all day so I can't watch the game! :(

I think Calgary will finally play hard...I can see them really fighting for the win. That said, I hope the Wings come out just as strong as they have been!

No predictions...just hopes that the Wings will play amazingly and take the 3-0 series lead!

HAVE to win game 3, otherwise they'll have a chance to tie it up and grab all the momentum in game 4.

HAVE to win game 4, especially if we lose game 3. But even if we don't, we need to put our foot on their throat in a hurry.

It's amazing how uncomfortable I am, even with a 2-0 series lead and after dominating both games. I'll feel a lot better if we can make it 3-0.

youre absolutely correct, and even babs on one of the interviews last game, said they are scared, and its good to be scared cause when you want something this bad, fear is a necessary feeling, fear of losing it.

youre absolutely correct, and even babs on one of the interviews last game, said they are scared, and its good to be scared cause when you want something this bad, fear is a necessary feeling, fear of losing it.

I absolutely LOVE that they are scared. It's a great thing. It's something they definitely were not last post season.

Well that doesn't leave much margin for error, does it? :P

Actually I think Game 4 is always the most pivotal and important game (besides Game 7 obviously). Barring a sweep, one of two things will happen: Either one team puts their foot on the other's throat, or it becomes a three-game series. The vast majority of series go into Game 4 with one team holding a 2-1 lead, and it's exceedingly rare to come back from down 3-1.

By the way, my take: I think if the Wings win this one, it's over. First the Flames hoped they could shut down Z with his back injury and Datsyuk with his playoff slump. We crushed that hope. Then they hoped Regehr would be the difference and return the Flames to their physical play. Crushed that hope too. Now they hope their home ice will get them back on track. If the Wings win Game 3.....crush. The Flames will be out of hopes for Game 4 if they lose Game 3. I don't have a prediction for Game 3 - I never do - but I do have a Game 4 prediction: If the Wings win Game 3, they also win Game 4 - Period.