• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sdwingsfan71

NO HEART

Rate this topic

I know the easiest thing to do right now is blame the refs, Lang, and Sammy. But lets be honest, the reason we are now 2-2 and will probably end up losing this series is the same reason as last year. No heart and no intensity. I admit Lang is probably the biggest offender. But most of our star players coast around and show no intensity. Just sit back and watch the Flames intensity versus ours. There is no match.

Guest LivingtheDream

Cleary has it, that's for sure. What gives him that level while someone like Lang is the opposite? Makes no sense. I guess it is just a paycheck for some.

I know the easiest thing to do right now is blame the refs, Lang, and Sammy. But lets be honest, the reason we are now 2-2 and will probably end up losing this series is the same reason as last year. No heart and no intensity. I admit Lang is probably the biggest offender. But most of our star players coast around and show no intensity. Just sit back and watch the Flames intensity versus ours. There is no match.

No panic, please!

We will win. It's going to be close and we'll win in 7.

All I know is that I see us getting out hit, out worked and out played the last two games.

Once again, I don't know what games you've been watching. Game 3, Cleary laid a huge hit on Phaneuf, and if I recall correctly the wings sit at 1st place in the post season with the highest checking average. In addition to that, we just outshout them again and we were winning the battles in the corner. We outworked them. They only had 1 goal during even strength, and that brings the 4 game total to 2 even strength goals. How can you possibly say we're being outplayed if the Flames can only manage a .5 even strength goals-for average? The issue is painfully obvious: our special teams are weak. Enough said, end of argument.

Edited by Echolalia

how can you say theres no heart in this team, and last year no heart

yzerman has more heart than the whole god damned nhl

THIS YEAR NO HEART (I just meant we were going to go down to another 8 seed like last year). And I do realize that some of them are playing with heart. But as a whole I am not seeing the intensity and heart compared to the opposition.

and the exact opposite for the first two games. Maybe there really is an advantage to play at home ;)

Very True

THIS YEAR NO HEART (I just meant we were going to go down to another 8 seed like last year). And I do realize that some of them are playing with heart. But as a whole I am not seeing the intensity and heart compared to the opposition.

The point difference between the 1st place team and the 8th place team is about as small as its ever been. The whole concept of the 8th seed sucking and not even deserving to be in the playoffs couldn't be farther from the truth. Look at last year's Oilers. 8th seed Stanley cup finalists. Earlier than that 8th seed Anaheim Stanley Cup finalists (with Mike Babcock might I add). Well this year the point difference is even closer. So get you're panties unknotted and look at this clearly. The series is even. The next game is a home game. We have been dominating them every game (as I previously showed to you), especially the home games. We need to work on our special teams and that is all.

Edited by Echolalia

What is this no heart no passion bulls***?

Just because you don't win a game does NOT mean you have no heart. The Wings have been playing their asses off. You can tell they really want to win, they are doing everything right EXCEPT on their PP and PK and that's why this series is tied. If this weren't about special teams, the Wings would have swept the Flames because let's be honest that's the ONLY thing going for Calgary.

I can't stand the fact that so many on here were giving the Wings the highest praises talking about how this is such a different, more tough team that wouldn't get walked on and were really hungry to win. It hasn't changed, and yet a couple losses in games which the Wings played exceptionally well *aside from their pp and pk* and everyone is down their throats doubting them. It's pretty sad. I only hope come Game 5 everyone is behind them because some of you are pathetic with this negativity. Have some damn faith.

Very True

You're not watching. We're going into traffic areas, we're winning battles in the corners, we're hitting and taking hits to make plays. That is heart. The problem was going down 5-3 twice in one game. They scored both times, once during and once just after. Poorly called game both ways, and the state of the Wings' special teams doesn't invite a game with lots of penalities.

The Wings were playing a lot harder this time around, but still came up short. And the Flames were playing better tonight than they did tuesday; no way around that.

I don't know what needs to happen to get this team fired up again, but it needs to happen soon. And I just want to see Hasek play tighter in front of the net. His skating so far out (esp. when Calgary's whole line is in the Detroit zone) is driving me nuts. :crazy:

Something has to jar them. Maybe there just needs to be an all-out brawl to get the Wings angry enough to play like they're supposed to. I think, on the emotional level, the next game is must-win for the Wings if they're going to make it to the next round.

They have everything they need to make it happen, they just gotta' put it together.

off subject

stars win in OT

f*** forgot to post what i came here to post

im still takin back saying this team has no heart, if we had no heart we wouldnt be in the playoffs we be playing golf right now with the av, and be waiting for sid the kid trying his golf skills.

Edited by Must Kill

I have actually been quite impressed with Pavel. He plays hard -- much improved from past playoff stints.

Today's loss was an abundance of sloppyness (Chelios waving his stick around as an excuse for playing during that 5-3), bad luck (Lebda's reflection to make Hasek look like a loser), and lack of luck on our side (that chance Filppula towards the end, geez!).

Game 3 was a total dud but today's game showed quite a bit of improvement. Game 3 I was just disappointed -- tonight I am depressed being reminded of what a great chance the Wings had to take the game, if they only had played at 100%.

I have actually been quite impressed with Pavel. He plays hard -- much improved from past playoff stints.

i very much agree awesome games 1 and 2 and he has been playing good in calgary too even tho no goals to show for, but he is putting shots on kipper. To me this kid has heart

I do agree, the special teams are the biggest concern right now.

And yes, they DO have heart. We just need MORE from "certain" people.

Also, I wouldn't necessarily call ALL of this negativity. You just have a bunch of passionate fans that desperately want their team to win. Sometimes that kind of heart gets in front of your head.

I also agree the officiating leaves much to be desired, though I thought it was better tonight than Game 3.

You people have to come to gripes that this is not Yzerman's champs anymore; it's just the Senators team of the last 10 years or so: kings of the season, selfish old men of the playoffs.If they get out of this one in 7, There's NO WAY they'll get past the second round!

...and one more thing: there was only one Bowman in Detroit that could mix and match his way into miracol.This guy we have now can't compare to a toe nail of Bowman's!

Heart was Yzerman,Shanahan,McCarty,Kocur, not...this!