• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlakChamber

Post-GAME 5: Red Wings 5, Flames 1 (4/21)

Rate this topic

side thought: did anyone think Jim Playfair sent mclennen in to do some damage? I know the switch golaies thing happens in hockey, espcially that late in a game and how rough it was getting, but mclennen came out pissed off from the moment the puck was dropped and looked like he was just out to hurt someone regardless.

There will be no suspension that was quite the chop by lebda imo...also a cheap shot my langkow but the punch was not that bad from the replays at least

ig is a horrible captain. utterly useless as a captain. as your captain goes, so goes your team. if you captain is a hotheaded idiot, your team becomes a hotheaded idiot.

and his post-game comments (if true) further show that.

the flames are going nowhere as long as they put the c on that moron. the guy lived under power lines as a kid AND STILL eats paint chips.

Yeah, for all intents and purposes calgary was handed this game by the refs... first with the disallowed goal, and then with the other phantom calls, plus they had a 7-2 penalty opportunity advantage before they gooned up. The wings pushed through that and won the game regardless.

Interesting. I am confused by his injury, because when he left the ice, he was putting zero pressure on his leg... Anyways, I hope that he is okay.

He went feet first into the boards. I wouldn't doubt it one bit if he wrecked a knee or ankle as well as the concussion.

I thought the way Calgary played late was classless and showed that they have no sportsmanship what so ever. If the cheap shot that the backup goalie took on Franzen was premeditated? I think so for sure. I dont think that it is a coincidence that the back up goalie goes in for 20 seconds hits Franzen and then comes off. Kipper didnt even take off his helmet. I think that the coach of the flames should be suspended...or should face some kind of punishment. He is the coach....he should of talked some sense into his players...not just stand by and cheer them on for acting like immature fools. :angry:

On the other side I am very happy the wings won! They played a great game and had a brilliant second period. I think that Z has defintely has his game back. :)

Sadly I missed the game (travelling for vacation), however I just finished watching the archived version on cbc.ca (thank-you cbc!)

I think Playfair told McLennan to go in and slash whomever stands in front of him. Playfair was trying to send a message to Detroit, the league and the refs that Calgary feels we are illegally bumping kipper and creating scoring chances as a result.

I mean come on, when a goalie is pulled 100% of the time they take their helmet off and sit on the bench to watch the game. Kipper left his helmet on (just lifted it up), handed his stick to a trainer who did not move (ie the stick was never put away). Then Kipper stood up and waited to go back in. I have never seen something so blatant.

The Flames are looking for any advantage and if it means they send in a no name goalie and tell him to swing at anyone in front just to do it, they will try. He lasted 18 seconds, no one did anything to him before he started slashing (yes franzen hit him but it was after 3 slashes by McLennan). If Playfair feels the flames need to do this crap to win then his is nothing but a bum.

Sick and dirty play...although the sociopath in me loves all this fun at the end of the game. :sly:

Is this only spectualtion, or do you know for sure it was planned? Must of us, like you, think it was also but have no sure fire proof.

It would be nice if we did though. We could nail Jim Playfair for this one.

If the cheap shot that the backup goalie took on Franzen was premeditated? I think so for sure. I dont think that it is a coincidence that the back up goalie goes in for 20 seconds hits Franzen and then comes off. Kipper didnt even take off his helmet.

I think you're right, it was incredibly suspicious! That's really sad that they would stoop to that though. Ok you're losing, suck it up, don't go head hunting! or midsection hunting for that matter <_<

Sadly I missed the game (travelling for vacation), however I just finished watching the archived version on cbc.ca (thank-you cbc!)

I think Playfair told McLennan to go in and slash whomever stands in front of him. Playfair was trying to send a message to Detroit, the league and the refs that Calgary feels we are illegally bumping kipper and creating scoring chances as a result.

I mean come on, when a goalie is pulled 100% of the time they take their helmet off and sit on the bench to watch the game. Kipper left his helmet on (just lifted it up), handed his stick to a trainer who did not move (ie the stick was never put away). Then Kipper stood up and waited to go back in. I have never seen something so blatant.

The Flames are looking for any advantage and if it means they send in a no name goalie and tell him to swing at anyone in front just to do it, they will try. He lasted 18 seconds, no one did anything to him before he started slashing (yes franzen hit him but it was after 3 slashes by McLennan). If Playfair feels the flames need to do this crap to win then his is nothing but a bum.

Sick and dirty play...although the sociopath in me loves all this fun at the end of the game. :sly:

Blah! I thought the game was tomorrow. D:!!!

Is there anywhere online to watch a replay of the game? (Not just highlights)

And wow, GO WINGS!

It didn't affect the outcome of the game (fortunately), but one of the troubling things about this game was the Flames "goal". Did it not appear as though the shot was, first, deflected DOWN initially by the Flame player in front, and as it entered the net, skip off the crossbar and down to the back? Using the crossbar as your reference, that was clearly no goal. By eyeballing you couldn't tell, but just by the laws of physics that goal should never have been. I do not care at all about the shutout but it would be nice if the league could get calls like this right once in awhile.

Edit: McLennan will most likely get under 10 games IMO. Probably more like 4.

Edited by shadow47

F*&* Don Cherry... On Coaches Corner tonight he said that McClellan had a reason it it franzen after the play because Franzen tapped his mask after the shot.

I hope all that is canada i omitted from the 2007 Playoffs after next round!

ig is a horrible captain. utterly useless as a captain. as your captain goes, so goes your team. if you captain is a hotheaded idiot, your team becomes a hotheaded idiot.

Well if nothingless you can say Iggy leads by example:

******* and moans like a little baby --- So does the rest of the team CHECK

Cheapshot goonery --- See last part of the 3rd period CHECK

Calgary needs to be released from this years playoffs EFFECTIVE 11:38pm EST 4/22/07

Edited by OsGOD

I hope all that is canada i omitted from the 2007 Playoffs after next round!

Well if nothingless you can say Iggy leads by example:

******* and moans like a little baby --- So does the rest of the team CHECK

Cheapshot goonery --- See last part of the 3rd period CHECK

Calgary needs to be released from this years playoffs EFFECTIVE 11:38pm EST 4/22/07

i concur.

It didn't affect the outcome of the game (fortunately), but one of the troubling things about this game was the Flames "goal". Did it not appear as though the shot was, first, deflected DOWN initially by the Flame player in front, and as it entered the net, skip off the crossbar and down to the back? Using the crossbar as your reference, that was clearly no goal. By eyeballing you couldn't tell, but just by the laws of physics that goal should never have been. I do not care at all about the shutout but it would be nice if the league could get calls like this right once in awhile.

Edit: McLennan will most likely get under 10 games IMO. Probably more like 4.

The shot was redirected out front off Hudler's leg, and the Calgary player in front of the net whiffed on it.

It was a good goal.

F*&* Don Cherry... On Coaches Corner tonight he said that McClellan had a reason it it franzen after the play because Franzen tapped his mask after the shot.

Sounds just like Grapes. He hates the Wings. Now that Yzerman has retired, he has an excuse now too. He'd always let the lack of gritty Ontario/Alberta/BC/Manitoba born Canadians go before because Yzerman was on the team. Now that Yzerman has retired, it's given him free range to be hatin' (heh :P ) because the Wings star players are Euros (God forbid in his eyes :rolleyes: ).

I really don't care if Grapes hates the Wings. It just makes him sound even stupider because of the fact that he likes some of the worst teams in the league simpily because they have gritty Canadians. He could care less if a team is successfull. He can only like them if they have Canadian born players that block shots and don't wear visors.

Edited by Kp-Wings

The shot was redirected out front off Hudler's leg, and the Calgary player in front of the net whiffed on it.

It was a good goal.

No, the player in front Zyuzin (how did the Dman get all the way up there? No idea) tipped it. Proof, if you want it.

It was close, although the angles on NBC were brutal. I agree it was a goal, if only for it being inconclusive against the refs call on the ice.

No, the player in front Zyuzin (how did the Dman get all the way up there? No idea) tipped it. Proof, if you want it.

It was close, although the angles on NBC were brutal. I agree it was a goal, if only for it being inconclusive against the refs call on the ice.

?

That link was to play by play.

I saw several replays. it clearly redirected off Hoodlum's leg and it didn't look like the flames player made any contact.

EDIT. Unless you're referring to the Flames player right by Hudler. If memory serves he had his stick down by Hudler's leg. I guess conceivably it touched his stick blade, but it wasn't touched by the Flames player in front of the net.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Just scroll down to the bottom, goals are highlighted. Zyuzin, twelve feet in front of the net, tip in. That was the goal. The only player that could be was the guy you're thinking of standing in front of Hasek waving his stick at the puck.

Well, then if that's how the official scoring ends up, he got a goal he didn't deserve. He didn't make contact with the puck.

Seem awfully sure of yourself. It looked like Zyuzin touched it on the NBC replay.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. :D

Seriously, every time I watched the NBC replay, it looked like the puck was well past Zyuzin before his stick was at a level that would've deflected it, plus the puck didn't seem to change direction.

The only change of direction I saw was when it went past Hudler.