• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Per TSN: McLennan suspended 5 games, Lebda out for Game 6

Rate this topic

I'd much rather see Kipper go hay wire , and hit one of our star players.

It would be an odd bit of karma if while making a routine save, Kipper tweaked his groin and they had to rely on Krahn instead of McLellan.

I guess they have stopped new members from joining. They are more strict than LGW. After yesterdays game the troll situation was pretty bad, guess this is how they planned to slow it down. I am sure they will open up registration soon again. I think most of the trolls are wings fans, a couple of oilers fans thrown in there too. I can't say for sure, but that is the way it seems to be. To be fair there are reasonable Wings fans on the site too.

Honestly this forum and Calgary Puck are pretty much the same just mirrored towards their respective teams. I mean you got idiots on this one saying Mclennan should get 30 games and idiots on Calgary Puck saying Mclennan should have hit him harder. Just got to know where to look for a real perspective.

what a joke. even delusional flame fans know full well vaginla and langkoward got away with one big time yesterday.

f*** bettman: if cities like calgary can't make money and keep a team on their own without this biased bs in the playoffs in a feeble attempt to get them more games revenue, ship them and all canadian teams south of the border.

Guest Agalloch

Everyone's making too big of a deal out of it. Langkow should have been suspended, since we're now missing Lebda, but everything else was handled properly. The bottom line is that the Wings have a game to play tonight, and we all know that they're vastly superior to the Lames. The Flames are a bunch of goons, and their season will end tonight. I'd rather they have everyone in the lineup so the Flames fans don't cry about how they were "ripped by the league."

So, GO WINGS! Punish the goons tonight with a 5-0 win.

Iginla= Igoonla

Playfair= Playdirty

Calgary Flames= Calgary Lames

8 omitted or switched letters. We only have 7 for Nashville, so sorry Preds fans, but you've been usurped!

Rivalries really are made in the playoffs.

Forgot to add my two cents:

I agree with just about everyone here, it was handled properly, except that Langkow should have gotten a game or two.

This is really what I've come to expect from what I call the hicks of Canada. I mean, c'mon, they play in the Sattledome. (Not you Burninator...)

And finally, I sent a copy of Leadership for Dumbies to Iginla's address via the internet. :D

Edited by Earthhuman

The NHL suspending Jamie McLennan for five games is possibly the most redundant suspension in the history of the game. Does anybody think it affects Calgary in the least that their full-time bench warmer is going to miss a game or two? What stupidity.

IMO, Langkow's grabbing of Lebda's head and punching him was worse than what McLellan did, I'd rather have him suspended for concussing Lebda.

And I'm fine with no punishment being handed out to Iginla. What he did was pretty classless, but it's certainly not up there with the actions of Langkow and McLellan. That being said, Jarome was an absolute clown the entire game. He should keep his mouth shut once in a while.

I don't understand how Langkow didn't get anything? :angry: What a joke the NHL has become.....

Oh well, I guess we can figure on Langkow getting the s*** beat of out of him by Bert tonight, eh? Seems like its a given.

I don't understand how Langkow didn't get anything? :angry: What a joke the NHL has become.....

Oh well, I guess we can figure on Langkow getting the s*** beat of out of him by Bert tonight, eh? Seems like its a given.

I would love to see Bert fight. Although I really doubt he will, only if Detroit is totally out of the game. Too important of a game for either team to be fighting.

What was the deal with his "fight" with Phaneuf? I know Bert isn't much a fighter, but he didn't even try he just threw him over his hip. I was hoping for some fisty-cuffs. And as long as Phaneuf doesn't trip over his stick I think we would wreck him.

What was the deal with his "fight" with Phaneuf? I know Bert isn't much a fighter, but he didn't even try he just threw him over his hip. I was hoping for some fisty-cuffs. And as long as Phaneuf doesn't trip over his stick I think we would wreck him.

Yeah, that was kind of a cool to see, but it wasn't a fight. Draw as far as I'm concerned (with bonus takedown for Bert).

I'm hoping the league had discussions with whoever will be officiating tonight's game and told them to call any bulls*** that the Flames try pulling. What they got away with at home was a joke.

The NHL suspending Jamie McLennan for five games is possibly the most redundant suspension in the history of the game. Does anybody think it affects Calgary in the least that their full-time bench warmer is going to miss a game or two? What stupidity.

Someone in one of the replies to the ESPN.com story on the suspension said that if the NHL really wanted to punish Calgary, they'd make McLennan play the whole game :)

What was the deal with his "fight" with Phaneuf? I know Bert isn't much a fighter, but he didn't even try he just threw him over his hip. I was hoping for some fisty-cuffs.

I don't think running the risk of taking direct blows to the melon would be in Bertuzzi's best interest considering he just came off a concussion and neck sprain that contributed to him missing the first two games of this series.

FWIW, Langkow playing in tonight's game is a joke.

The message has been sent by the NHL. The cost for attempting to injure a player is $100,000 and five games to a hack backup. That is absolutely no deterent. Calgary would of payed those fines up front for the opportunity. And the worst part is they are going to get every single interference call to go their way in this series from here on out.

I am willing to donate $100 to the fund so that we can sign Joe Imgonnaspearyou from the UHL for one game to go after Iginla next year.

The message has been sent by the NHL. The cost for attempting to injure a player is $100,000 and five games to a hack backup. That is absolutely no deterent. Calgary would of payed those fines up front for the opportunity. And the worst part is they are going to get every single interference call to go their way in this series from here on out.

I am willing to donate $100 to the fund so that we can sign Joe Imgonnaspearyou from the UHL for one game to go after Iginla next year.

:lol::clap:

We already have him, his name is Bootland!

esteef

Edited by esteef

This is total Bulls***, there's no way Langkow should be playing tonight .. The NHL needs to wake up

if he wasn't submarined, he wouldn't have had to sucker punch him. He should have received a penalty, but not a suspension.

I would love to see Bert fight. Although I really doubt he will, only if Detroit is totally out of the game. Too important of a game for either team to be fighting.

As I heard someone else mention somewhere, fighting at that point only helps the Flames. Iit gives them something to build on and it makes them feel better about themselves. It doesn't really do much for Detroit to be getting into fights. So Bertuzzi did the smart thing and didn't give Phaneuf any sort of chance to get things rolling and just sat his ass down.

if he wasn't submarined, he wouldn't have had to sucker punch him.

Yes, he was certainly obligated to deliver the punch. He had to, no if ands or buts about it.

Don't kid yourself. Lebda botched the hip check, that's two. Langkow pounded a defenseless and unawares man in the face, that's a game, at least.