• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pavyaz19

ESPN's PTI / ATH

Rate this topic

I assume this has come up before and I apologize if I bringing up old news...

First off, I hate these guys that work for PTI. Around the Horn isn't much better, but Wilbon and Cornheiser can go to hell. Today's show started with their usual list of topics in a column to the right... MLB, NBA, NBA, NBA, college Fball, MLB, SLASH, MLB, NBA, MLB, NBA, NBA.

All they can do is talk about the bad things that happen in the NHL and it drives me crazy. This is why people think hockey is so barbaric, because if they don't watch games, they are fed bull crap from the mass-media. I love John Buccigross from Sportscenter (and previously NHL2night) and he complains about the media's mis-information super-highway as well. I'd rather them not talk about hockey all together if this is what they're going to do.

And here is some proof that they are total idiots and are commenting on events that they know absolutely nothing about.

the topic "Slash" beings...

Wilbon "When we talk hockey these days, it's usually because somebody is swinging their stick like an axe. And, oh surprise, it happened again this weekend. Calgary back-up goalie, Jamie Mac... Lennon..." (weird pause as if he's unsure how to say the name... really? how hard is it to say McLennan... maybe if you don't follow hockey AT ALL. Therefore he shouldn't report anything about it!) "going Lizzie Boarden to the torsoe of Johan Frazier" (really, Frazier? *******). "...Tony, I thought we were supposed to see less of this junk in the playoffs?"

Cornheiser "Yeah, Jeremy Roenick came on the show and said that you don't see a lot of fighitng in the playoffs." (last time i checked, slashing isn't fighting, retards). The Tony went on to make what he considers a slashing motion... putting two hands together like he was holding a golf club and swinging... obviously this idiot does not know how to hold a hockey stick. That kind of stuff sticks out like a sore thumb to me and he should NEVER report or comment about hockey.

I realize it is not completely the hosts of these shows faults... and now I'm back to ESPN. I hate them. I now try to only visit nhl.com for hockey info and yahoo sports for any other sports info and I urge you to do the same. If it weren't for Buccigross and Melrose, Espn would be dead to me.

Go Wings, Damn it.

Wilbon "When we talk hockey these days, it's usually because somebody is swinging their stick like an axe. And, oh surprise, it happened again this weekend. Calgary back-up goalie, Jamie Mac... Lennon..." (weird pause as if he's unsure how to say the name... really? how hard is it to say McLennan... maybe if you don't follow hockey AT ALL. Therefore he shouldn't report anything about it!) "going Lizzie Boarden to the torsoe of Johan Frazier" (really, Frazier? *******). "...Tony, I thought we were supposed to see less of this junk in the playoffs?"

Time for a new nickname! "Smokin'" Joe-han Franzen

and now I'm back to ESPN. I hate them. I now try to only visit nhl.com for hockey info and yahoo sports for any other sports info and I urge you to do the same. If it weren't for Buccigross and Melrose, Espn would be dead to me.

Go Wings, Damn it.

X2. ESPN hockey "coverage" almost makes me want to move to Canada.

I totally agree about ESPN. I turned it off to ESPNews last night right after the game and they didn't have anything about it. I turned it back to FSD and watched Red Wings Live, but then turned it back to ESPNews after that was over and they still hadn't mentioned the Red Wings. About 45 minutes after they won, they showed the "highlights" which included a clip of the slash on F R A N Z E N (i'd like to see Joe Frazier in hockey skates) and they showed Lang's goal, then Franzen's goal. The announcer chick made a witty comment like "Stick in the gut? Stick THIS" and that was all. Even Melrose isn't doing great anymore when they do bring him in. He didn't even believe his beloved "Noodles" should be suspended. i LOVE LOVE LOVE Fox Sports Detroit. They like hockey there WAY more than NBA or MLB. Nothing better anymore than Red Wings Live and Red Wings Weekly. (yes, tigers weekly, pistons weekly and their "live" shows do exist - not that i notice) ESPN blows anymore. They show Roger Federer more than NHL. And God forbid TIger Woods doesn't get a shout out every day. :thumbdown:

ESPN bashes hockey ... yawn ... what else is new?

So why do so many LGW posters want the NHL on this station that short-shrifts it and bashes it.

ESPN's attitude toward the NHL is why I am willing to see it on another station, ANY station.

Unfortunately hockey isn't an American sport, and thats the only logical conclusion I can come up with as to why they give only negative attention to it.

Baseball = THE American sport

Basketball = another good ol' American sport

Football = The American version of a British sport

Soccer = Not American, no coverage but bad head-butting coverage.

I have thought this over for so long and thats honestly the best thing I can come up with

ESPN lost all interest in hockey the second that Disney :devil: divested itself of ownership interest in the Ducks. Disney being the parent company of ESPN made the decision that they don't like the NHL anymore, so none of their networks were going to do anything to promote it.

That being said, I no longer watch ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN 360, and certainly don't watch "The Ocho," ESPN 8.

Any network that puts a priority on eating competitions :puke: and spelling bees :zzz: over the NHL does not deserve to be called a sports network. They have become the CNN or FoxNews of the sports world. They obviously have their own agenda that they push.

I am glad that NBC and Vs. stepped up and signed to broadcast the NHL. I think it was a good move for Vs., as it gives them a lick of credibility. I have found myslef watching more of it lately, though you can only watch Roland Martin's Fishing Adventures so many times, and killing Bambi really isn't my cup of tea either.

I have a couple requests, though, to the broadcasters of both networks.

1. Learn the players' names and how to pronounce them. Leeleeya does not play defense for the Wings.

2. Learn that the Penguins are the Pittsburgh Penguins, not "Sidney Crosby and the Penguins."

3. Realize that Brett Hull does not know everything.

4. Do not be afraid to question a call by a referee. Last night's game was the best officiated game of the playoffs that I have seen.

1. Learn the players' names and how to pronounce them. Leeleeya does not play defense for the Wings.

2. Learn that the Penguins are the Pittsburgh Penguins, not "Sidney Crosby and the Penguins."

3. Realize that Brett Hull does not know everything.

4. Do not be afraid to question a call by a referee. Last night's game was the best officiated game of the playoffs that I have seen.

Amen brother.

yeah i get frustrated watching sportscenter and seeing how they have 1000 hours of coverage on the nfl draft. It pisses me off completely. I'd like to say VS has been doing an excellent job in the playoffs so far. However tonight i'm going with CBC over VS to watch Van/Dal. But back to the topic, ESPN is retarded and they take things like baseball for instance. It just freakin started. They are 20 games into the season and they are going nuts about it. Lets see here, you play 162. Who gives a s*** about it right now. The NHL is about to go into the second round here. People who never talk about hockey on those shows should stick to it, because once they do they don't know s***.

Go Stars tonight!

Edited by Zeta Power 40

I love FSN as well. It just sucks when only VS is covering the Wings because I don't get VS. But I hate VS, I'd rather watch hockey on ESPN. I remember one time, VS was covering the Wings and they were doing a thing on Lidstrom and they spelled his name "LINDSTROM". I mean come on, thats just pathetic, you would think they be on top of things like that.

But Ken Daniels and Mickey Redmond are awesome. Nothing beats 2 guys that fly on the same plane as the Wings. They know the players and everything that has to do with the team.

I used to really like PTI, and was ho hum on ATH. Now im the total opposite. When ATH has the right group up there, namely with Cowlishaw and Michael Smith...its entertaining. I hate when whats his face is on though...no, not Jim Armstrong (although he sucks too)..that other old bald guy who tries to funny but isnt.

And that lady sucks too, Jackie McMullan. I dont know how old she is, but whatever she is she looks 20 years older than that.

Just for reference, I happened upon the ESPN NHL playoffs page about 30 seconds ago. According to them, the GAA leader for goaltenders in the playoffs is, get this, JAMIE MCCLENNAN!!

After all he has a 0.00 GAA for his 18 seconds in the crease, so he MUST be the GAA leader.

ESPN for the win!!!!!11!1!eleven!

I actually like PTI, it's one of the few shows on ESPN that is watchable. The other being Baseball Tonight.

It's too bad Bucci didn't jump ship for VS. He's being wasted at ESPN.

I agree. I'm sure money had something to do with it, because he also writes for the website. ESPN is also a very high profile job if you are a TV anchor. I actually emailed Buci about 2 months ago asking if ESPN would ever get hockey again and he actually responded. He said hockey won't return for at least 3-4 years, but it's a possibility. He used NASCAR, Arena Football, and MLS as examples (they were all on ESPN, then left, and then came back).

I also hate how ESPN shows no hockey, but it is a buisness. ESPN is promoting their own stuff.

I hate ATH, mainly because the Largest City I associate myself with the most, and love their sports teams (except their NHL Septic Tank) is Chicago, and the Eastcoast Sports Pooplickin Network had to find *** Jay Marypoppins...He HATES Chicago Sports that don't have Michael Jordan in them.......f*** him. f*** him right in the ear.

First off, I hate these guys that work for PTI. Around the Horn isn't much better, but Wilbon and Cornheiser can go to hell. Today's show started with their usual list of topics in a column to the right... MLB, NBA, NBA, NBA, college Fball, MLB, SLASH, MLB, NBA, MLB, NBA, NBA.

All they can do is talk about the bad things that happen in the NHL and it drives me crazy. This is why people think hockey is so barbaric, because if they don't watch games, they are fed bull crap from the mass-media. I love John Buccigross from Sportscenter (and previously NHL2night) and he complains about the media's mis-information super-highway as well. I'd rather them not talk about hockey all together if this is what they're going to do.

And here is some proof that they are total idiots and are commenting on events that they know absolutely nothing about.

Cornheiser "Yeah, Jeremy Roenick came on the show and said that you don't see a lot of fighitng in the playoffs." (last time i checked, slashing isn't fighting, retards). The Tony went on to make what he considers a slashing motion... putting two hands together like he was holding a golf club and swinging... obviously this idiot does not know how to hold a hockey stick. That kind of stuff sticks out like a sore thumb to me and he should NEVER report or comment about hockey.

I realize it is not completely the hosts of these shows faults... and now I'm back to ESPN. I hate them. I now try to only visit nhl.com for hockey info and yahoo sports for any other sports info and I urge you to do the same. If it weren't for Buccigross and Melrose, Espn would be dead to me.

Go Wings, Damn it.

I heard that too. I was like are you kidding me? It is not like his name is even that hard to pronounce.

Around the Horn is a joke. The only good guy is Calishow (sp?). He loves hockey, and NASCAR, and tries to plug them in as much as possible even though he knows he will get ripped on it by the other losers.

If they put Drew Sharp on that show you could call it "America's Dumbest Sports Writers"

I feel sorry for u guys that dont live in Canada and don't get much Hockey coverage at all. I wonder why Hockey is soo underated, Its probably one of the most talented sports out their but yet still seems to be worse then spelling bees and eating competitions. To me thats a joke, and I really feel for u guys that have to live with that crap. I mean Hockey has everything and yet still doesn't get the respect it deserves.

Wilbon "When we talk hockey these days, it's usually because somebody is swinging their stick like an axe. And, oh surprise, it happened again this weekend. Calgary back-up goalie, Jamie Mac... Lennon..." (weird pause as if he's unsure how to say the name... really? how hard is it to say McLennan... maybe if you don't follow hockey AT ALL. thatTherefore he shouldn't report anything about it!) "going Lizzie Boarden to the torsoe of Johan Frazier" (really, Frazier? *******). "...Tony, I thought we were supposed to see less of this junk in the playoffs?"

Go Wings, Damn it.

I saw that and it really gets me upset. I mean watch Basketball and Football where players are carrying guns and getting into shootings. I know its outside of the game but I still find that wrong. They also said Telfair (how ever u spell his name, srry no bastketball fan) would probably be leaving Boston because they found a loaded gun on him. They didnt mention a thing about it. They are telling us how hockey always seems to show junk, and yet ignore everything that goes wrong with their favorite sports. Another thing for the people that like to read my bitching, Is Hockey not the most cleaness sport for improving drugs, now lets look at football. Im sorry to be complaining but they just burst my bubble!

Heres the skinny on ESPN. ESPN had the NHL rights for the 2005 season, well the NHL went on strike after ESPN payed all of the money for that year. ESPN decided that they want nothing to do with the NHL. They would rather show another boring Poker match than the NHL. I still enjoy ESPN, but they do have there own agenda,and that is to make money. Poker championship is straight up profit, it takes 2 cameras and 2 idiots to braodcast, pretty cheap. ESPN does an awesome job with college sports and I love that!! The NHL gets the shaft, I wish I could get the hockey network or TSN because they have the best coverage for the NHL!!!! I think someone will step up and pick up the NHL. :unsure:

Sorry, Lou. Any show that features Jay Mariotti and Woody Paige is unwatchable.

I dont mind Mariotti, but yeah I guess Buddy Bell aka Woody Paige can be pretty annoying sometimes. Now that i think about it , i probably dont like 90% of the panel but i still like the show!

Around the Horn is a joke. The only good guy is Calishow (sp?). He loves hockey, and NASCAR, and tries to plug them in as much as possible even though he knows he will get ripped on it by the other losers.

If they put Drew Sharp on that show you could call it "America's Dumbest Sports Writers"

I love when Cowlishaw throws in his hockey commentary in completely unrelated topics (when he knows he's gonna lose), he's pretty damn funny i must say.