• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kozac

stupid fans

Rate this topic

I'm watching the Buffalo-Rangers game 2 and the fans are booing Jagr everytime he carries the puck. Wtf did he ever do to them??? I really hate it when fans boo players because they used to play for the team, but it just brings it to another level of stupidity when they boo players just for the heck of it. I got a little angry and had to vent, just for this i hope the Rangers win the series, and i'm far from being a Rangers fan.

I'm watching the Buffalo-Rangers game 2 and the fans are booing Jagr everytime he carries the puck. Wtf did he ever do to them??? I really hate it when fans boo players because they used to play for the team, but it just brings it to another level of stupidity when they boo players just for the heck of it. I got a little angry and had to vent, just for this i hope the Rangers win the series, and i'm far from being a Rangers fan.

He is the opposition... It has no effect on him whatsover... Its all done in jest. There I am done spouting off the rebutles from people on here about booing certain players.

It's passion, baby....passion!

THat's why we boo Pronger every time he touches the puck, or Belfour.

Trust me.... there's nothing like hearing the boos of the opposing crowd... it's just like the cheers of the home crowd.

Its the same thing that we do with Federov! Their the opposition and its passion!

Edited by Williams29fan

I wonder if you'll be booing Shanny when he comes to town.

Well shanny hasn't come to Detroit, and i still like him. Shanny isnt the same as Fedorov. Shanny has always been and alway will be my fav hockey player ever.

So I wonder if you're cheering for the Sharks now after that pointless booing that took place at the end of game 1 at the Joe. Pointless booing happens all the time and personally I'd like to see the Sabres finally win a cup(assuming Detroit isn't playing them in the finals) because of the players on the team who have struggled since the late '90s with very good teams and yet still failed to win.

If you are talking about me... i dont boo the wings. No matter how bad they play in a game i wont boo them.

Yeah those boos at the end of the game were pretty rediculous last night.

If the Sharks give the wings the boot then yeah i am going to cheer them on. If they are good enough to knock the wings out then they deserve to win the cup. I am going to cheer the sharks on, just like i cheered on the Oiliers after the first round last post season.

I do agree with you about buffalo though.

If you are talking about me... i dont boo the wings. No matter how bad they play in a game i wont boo them.

I was referring to this statement by the OP: :D

got a little angry and had to vent, just for this i hope the Rangers win the series, and i'm far from being a Rangers fan.

I don't think anyone on this board would actually boo the Wings, I was just making a point.

g

People boo him because he's one of the better players in the league and while they might not like him on the opposing team, he'd probably be welcome with open arms if he went to the home team.

Nothing more/nothing less, and there's absolutely no point in getting your panties in a bunch about it. None. Which is why I am so tired of even talking about when Fedorov gets booed playing back in Detroit now. It's never going to go away as long as he's on the opposing player

Booing Jagr, or Fedorov in our scenarios, it might not be politically right, but it's not hurting anybody and it's not going away, that's our tough s**t. Nothing is going to change and we aren't going to stop it by ranting, so we all need to just get over it.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

it's always been interesting to me... this phenomenon of how a guy can dress for us for years on end, after which he finds a better opportunity for himself with another team and then we boo him upon his return home. makes very little sense to me, honestly. i'm much more into the concept of paying respect for what they did for us while we had the privilege of enjoying their successes with detroit. of course a perfect example would be shanny but naturally there have been many before him that fell pray to this nonsense.

How so?

Didn't he take a contract offer from the Rangers for the same amount as Detroit offered him?

yes. the wings offered 4 million as well. he chose to move on, and not for the money.

I would be furious if the JLA crowd ever boos shanny. Unlike Federov, he left the club in a respectable fashion and for understandable reasons

Fedorov left after the Wings pulled the fifth year from an offer they had put on the table while Fedorov had asked them for time to deal with personal issues. Fedorov eventually turned down Detroit's 40m offer over 4 years for Anaheim's 40m over 5 years.

Shanny left for 4m for one year. He said it was because he was 'part of the past.' But judging from quotes during the season, he wanted to be the 'new guy' and didn't want all the pressure associated with having been a key player on Cup teams that he was getting in Detroit.

I would say that given the logic that leads to Fedorov booing, Shanny deserves it even more--the Wings did nothing to push him away as was done with Fedorov.

It has been hashed on here a million times it seems. Shanny did get a pay raise with the Rangers, but I do believe Detroit matched his offer. But if memory serves me correct, the Rangers offer wasn't even the highest offer he was given. I believe he makes $4 mill in NY, and Montreal gave him an offer of $5 mill.

I can say, money was probably a nice addition, however, there are more factors to it.

As for booing. If you are booing an oppenent simply to try to knock him off his game ... fire away. Its sport and it is fun to have the crowd into the game. The one exception is break on this rule is again w/ Feds. I know a lot of people were upset with the way he left, as was I, but he was argueably are biggest playoff performer behind Steve. But when I hear the boo's, I know they are coming (for a majority) out of people who loved him.

Fedorov left after the Wings pulled the fifth year from an offer they had put on the table while Fedorov had asked them for time to deal with personal issues. Fedorov eventually turned down Detroit's 40m offer over 4 years for Anaheim's 40m over 5 years.

Shanny left for 4m for one year. He said it was because he was 'part of the past.' But judging from quotes during the season, he wanted to be the 'new guy' and didn't want all the pressure associated with having been a key player on Cup teams that he was getting in Detroit.

I would say that given the logic that leads to Fedorov booing, Shanny deserves it even more--the Wings did nothing to push him away as was done with Fedorov.

I don't quite agree. Shanahan left for good reasons. I understand his desire for a change, and who knows, maybe he didnt like Babcock.

Federov on the other hand spent the majority of a season holding out on a contract, and was consistently causing drama. Remember that whole defense/forward thing when his dad got all pissed at Bowman? That was just weird.

Federov was drafted by the Wings, brought up by the Wings and won 3 cups with them, then turned around and peaced it on us. Thats why the fans boo him.

Shanahan played only a portion of his career here, and was a legit. superstar before he even came. While I am sure he appreciated his time here and much as we loved having him, i just don't think the fans feel personally betrayed by him.

---for the record, i didn't mind Federov's departure, his time was up.