• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 3 (4/30): Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 F

Rate this topic

Let's all relax. This is a seven game series. Loss or not I think the Wings played REALLY well *except for in the third* at least give them props for that. This series has gone back and forth with wins. Game 4 is all Wings. I'm just like everyone else. I get extremely pissed off after a loss but then I realize it's best of 7 and anything can happen. Still games left to take to tie the series and take a lead.

Exactly, i think getting homer back is going to be huge.

babs has got to sit all of them in front of a TV, tape their eyelids open and play the last 1-1/2 periods of the 2nd game and the first period of this game... THAT IS HOW YOU PLAY HOCKEY the more dominate playing by them series is what gets you the two losses.

Basically it comes down to this for me: Act, don't react.

The Wings acted in the first half of the game and then reacted the second half. Give credit to the Sharks, though, they worked their tails off right at the start of the third period. The Wings' players need to stop acting like the puck is a hot potato whenever they see a Sharks player bearing down on them in the defensive zone.

The number of turnovers is *alarming*. (If memory serves, an errant pass by Lidstrom -- again -- up the middle of the zone eventually led to Clowe's GTG.... It never should have happened.)

i dont understand how everyone here being a red wings fan isnt clinching their fists right now in disappointment at the sheer lack of want or any offensive play in the 2nd half of the game

Wings need to play a full 60 mintutes, not 30. They can't actually think they can beat the Sharks when u only play half the game. It was a sad 3rd period effort and we gave them the win. Wings are gonna have to play alot better on wensday if they wanna get the win. I know they can do it, I just wonder if they have the haert for it. If wings go down 3-1 in the series, Well then we are in deep deep deep trouble :P

Oh, and one more thing before heading off to bed:

The power play actually looked good tonight. Granted, they couldn't even it up when they had the chance, but by-golly -- they were SKATING out there!

Lidstrom was pinching down low! Players were rotating along around the net!

Cats and dogs living together! Anarchy!

i dont understand how everyone here being a red wings fan isnt clinching their fists right now in disappointment at the sheer lack of want or any offensive play in the 2nd half of the game

it's a 7 game series, they know what they have to do in order to win. Game 4 is a different game. Wings will show'em :D

While I don't think he played poorly enough to deserve to be called a liability, he certainly hasn't palyed up to expectations. He floats a lot, seems ineffective in front of the net, and takes unnecessary offensive zone penalties.

If he keeps it up, Lang may lose his title. tongue.gif

exactly.

Well, on the bright side, Game 3 was our absolute worst game against Calgary as well. Lets chalk it up to the plane ride to an away team.

we also held home ice serve against calgary

What another craptastic road loss by the Wings.

Where to begin...

1. Hasek. He's a FLOPPER. On the TWO San Jose goals, Hasek was sprawled on the ice and vulnerable to SJ chipping in a goal. Terrible technique. Thanks Dom...you lost the game for us!!!!!!!!!! btw...on the second goal, I think Mik Sammy gave the Dominator the most disgusted look for giving up that softy goal. I hope the Wings players rip his ass a new one in the locker room.

2. WHY AREN'T WE CRASHING THE NET??????? I can't believe these 30 foot slap shots. It's like if the Detroit Pistons launch 3 pointers all night and they get NO rebounds in the paint. Hey Babs...get Bertuzzi and Cleary into the hot zone and jam those pucks in the net. Thank God Homer is coming back in Game 4.

3. SIZE MATTERS. So my date told me last month. Anyway, the Red Wing players are like tiny Sherman Tanks going up against German Panther and Tiger Tanks called the SJ Sharks. A Sherman tank shoots a shell at the Tiger Tank and the shell bounces off harmless. If you are a WW 2 buff...you would understand the analogy.

Have a crappy night everyone. :angry:

Basically it comes down to this for me: Act, don't react.

The Wings acted in the first half of the game and then reacted the second half. Give credit to the Sharks, though, they worked their tails off right at the start of the third period. The Wings' players need to stop acting like the puck is a hot potato whenever they see a Sharks player bearing down on them in the defensive zone.

The number of turnovers is *alarming*. (If memory serves, an errant pass by Lidstrom -- again -- up the middle of the zone eventually led to Clowe's GTG.... It never should have happened.)

That exactly what I have been saying in games past... We need to control the play and force the other team to play our game... instead we spend the games playing their game and we well lose.

Thats the biggest problem if found with Detroit. Sometimes it seems we don't want it badly enough!!!

it's a 7 game series, they know what they have to do in order to win. Game 4 is a different game. Wings will show'em :D

i think the 7 game series is a legit excuse when trying to realize it in the big picture, but when it comes down to it, its crucial games like this that we could have won, might come back to bite us in the ass, THAT is why im so frustrated, if the sharks would have dominated us start to finish, i would accept the loss and be on my merry way, but the fact that the wings handed this game away, thats a different story.

Props to hasek for a great game

Then a handful of Brutal calls later ... including the last one where I nearly punched a whole through my tv aiming for the refs head. So flustered right now.

I'm not sure i'm surprised by any of the calls with the way the game gets called nowadays...are they questionable?..yes..but nothing suprises me anymore!!!

it's evident this team is scared to death of san jose's speed and size. when san jose is on their game the wings completely fall apart. errant passes galore, terrible clearing efforts. it's hard to watch. when san jose is really applying the pressure in the offensive zone the wings seem powerless. and big joe's a fricking monster. that guy is incredible.

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

1. Hasek. He's a FLOPPER. On the TWO San Jose goals, Hasek was sprawled on the ice and vulnerable to SJ chipping in a goal. Terrible technique. Thanks Dom...you lost the game for us!!!!!!!!!! btw...on the second goal, I think Mik Sammy gave the Dominator the most disgusted look for giving up that softy goal. I hope the Wings players rip his ass a new one in the locker room.

hahahahaha....youve got to be kidding me :rolleyes:

Lidstrom has to be injured. His play just hasnt been where it usually is. I dont buy the fact that hes burned out - he can play minutes like anyone else - I think hes got some sort of nagging injury. If I remember correctly, in the Calgary series he got pushed into the net going full speed and looked like he was hurt at the time. (He took a shift off and stood in the hallway but then cam back out.) Ironically, it was the next game that he was pretty subpar.

There is still alot of hockey to be played. This isn't supposed to be easy. I don't think that the Wings didn't play 60 minutes, but I know we got our asses handed to us along the boards and behind the net in our own end. If we continue to get out muscled they'll take the series. If the Wings can turn on a little more scoring, the series is ours to wing.

GO WINGS!!!!!

And of all things, can we not acknowledge a GREAT friggin play by Cheecho?

Everyone in the league knows Hasek is going to the snow angel.. give some friggin credit to Chee for making the hesitation move and scoring on us.

Edited by FireCaptain

We have only played bad for a total of 2 games so far out of three possible.... we can't possibly play THIS bad for 120 more minutes out of the remaining 240mins... 3 wins is inevitable... isn't it ;)

quick question...on the PK late in the game...Datsyuk went behind the net and flipped a centering pass to no one into the slot...I remember Maltby was along the halfboards right before that happend and I thought I saw him tangled with an SJ player...was Maltby finishing a check or being interfered with/being prevented from getting that puck?

good effort by both teams, esp by sharks in 3rd. Watching this game makes me realize san jose is a very dangerous club.

IMO reffing in this game was somewhat weak, more so to our side but i might be biased

Im also disappointed by broadcasters who seems to be really against Wings at most times. Cameramen also did he part trying his best to show Babcock's strategy during last timeout, when he kinda zoomed out when showing Sharks side.

Anyway not to take anything away from Sharks, they played great. It has been a LONG long time since Wings were outplayed this badly. This is not going to be an easy series by any means.

Edited by Yemack