• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 3 (4/30): Sharks 2, Red Wings 1 F

Rate this topic

1. Hasek. He's a FLOPPER. On the TWO San Jose goals, Hasek was sprawled on the ice and vulnerable to SJ chipping in a goal. Terrible technique. Thanks Dom...you lost the game for us!!!!!!!!!! btw...on the second goal, I think Mik Sammy gave the Dominator the most disgusted look for giving up that softy goal. I hope the Wings players rip his ass a new one in the locker room.

I find it absolutely psychotic that Hasek is shouldering any of the blame for this loss. Sure, slam Dom for the softie he gave up in Game 2 when he mishandled the puck, but it's simply unrational to say that the goals he allowed tonight would be considered soft by any stretch of the imagination. How could you possibly say Hasek lost the game for us when the Wings were under siege for the entire third period?

The Wings have provided Hasek with three goals so far in this series to work with, but yeah, you're right, he deserves to get "ripped a new one" in the lockerroom.

Those of you blaming Dom are simply hiding from the fact that our D looked as slow, and as old, and as absolutely lost as it did last year against Edmonton. Except unlike last post-season, San Jose has actual talent. The Shark forwards were absolutely unstoppable along the boards, and Thornton was given all the time in the world behind the net because nobody can take the puck away from him without taking a penalty.

John Keating was just interviewing Lidstrom. "You okay? You were limping a bit." Lidstrom: 'Yeah i'm perfectly fine. No problems. No problems at all."

Hmmmmmmmmm.....

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

So I guess I'm the only one who didn't think Hasek was amazing. Yes, he did keep us in it...and no I'm honestly not looking for a reason to rip him apart, and I don't think it's his fault that we lost...but I thought he looked shaky through a lot of the game. He was scaring the crap out of me, didn't look like he knew were it was at least half of the time...and seemed, frankly, lucky.

And it drives me crazy when he's laying on his back when a goal goes in...absolutely crazy.

But I guess it doesn't matter. It's not his fault we lost...could we actually SCORE a goal, please? I'd definitely like to see us not just get chances but to finish them...very frustrating. I think overall we were the better team tonight...just not at the right time...but it gives me hope for next game.

The one thing is the refs have got to stay out of it in the third. It's like they waited till within the last 10 mins to call a penalty. Going to bring basketball into this sorry , but in the NBA refs don't call a foul to send a person to the line to win the game unless its really blatant. IMO hockey is one of the easier sports to ref (still hard) it is fast but when there is a penalty is really obvious, yet some how they make it so hard.

Bertuzzi's slew foot was pretty blatant. I felt that the refs DID swallow the whistle later in the third--Hudler getting manhandled by Hannan around the net on a chance to tie the game, and then being held a few seconds later resulted in NO penalty, shortly after the Sharks scored the go-ahead on a PP resulting from a questionable call on Draper.

The refs should call the game in the third exactly as they call it in the first, same in October and June. People get upset about late penalty calls saying 'the refs shouldn't be deciding the game' when in actuality, NOT calling penalties IS the refs deciding the game--if one team can get away with something in the final minutes that the other team did not get away with earlier in the third period, that can be a huge factor in the outcome of the game.

lol you mean the one that was called tripping.... :crazy:

Again, slew-footing is a penalty. It's one of the easiest plays to call a penalty, actually.

So I guess I'm the only one who didn't think Hasek was amazing. Yes, he did keep us in it...and no I'm honestly not looking for a reason to rip him apart, and I don't think it's his fault that we lost...but I thought he looked shaky through a lot of the game. He was scaring the crap out of me, didn't look like he knew were it was at least half of the time...and seemed, frankly, lucky.

FWIW, I thought he should've had Clowe's goal the whole way.

Yeah I am sure when we see the injury report it will show massive head trama to all players forcing them into involuntary blackouts at random times causing them to forget how to play hockey at key stages during important games.

And yes it is a 7 game series and we have already blown 2 lives... we have only two left. Hopefully we find a 1-up mushroom somewhere hidden in the shark tank.

youre dead on about the pisspoor passing stuff, not only that but we try to get fancy pants in our own zone passing the puck trying to play puck possession, we cant do that when we dont pass correctly, or the sharks are forechecking that hard

our only chance in this series is to keep san jose off their game as much as possible. and unfortunately for the wings, their only shot at that is puck possession. it's pretty hard to keep possession when a team this fast and big and strong is working as hard as they did in the third tonight and half of the second.

My conclusion after the game:

The man everyone though has giant balls (Bertuzzi) has an empty sack tween his legs, and the man who everyone thought has no balls (Dats) has Chuck Norris sized marbles.

Todd B is a waste on this team right now. I was all for us signing him but he has been awful.

Big Ups to Dats, you are THE man.

Again, slew-footing is a penalty. It's one of the easiest plays to call a penalty, actually.

FWIW, I thought he should've had Clowe's goal the whole way.

agreed, in this case we shouldnt be arguign the refs calls but berts choice to make such a move <_<

IF your Wings cannot break the Sharks forecheck, you're going to be disappointed with the outcome of this series.

Tonight Bertuzzi was a train wreck. A player you need to settle down.

Two excellent points. The Sharks won this game with their pressure. The Wings haven't been able to beat it all series. Once again, way too many turnovers. The Sharks plain wanted it more, and they deserved to win.

As for Bertuzzi, he was by far the worse player on the ice for either team. What a s***ty effort on his part.

our only chance in this series is to keep san jose off their game as much as possible. and unfortunately for the wings, their only shot at that is puck possession. it's pretty hard to keep possession when a team this fast and big and strong is working as hard as they did in the third tonight and half of the second.

Our only chance in this series is to play 60 mins of hockey.

We were world beaters for the first 30 min. After that we were meat beaters.

Thats a fact.

This team has the ability to go as far as it wants to.

And it drives me crazy when he's laying on his back when a goal goes in...absolutely crazy.

But I guess it doesn't matter. It's not his fault we lost...could we actually SCORE a goal, please? I'd definitely like to see us not just get chances but to finish them...very frustrating. I think overall we were the better team tonight...just not at the right time...but it gives me hope for next game.

Agreed on everything you just said.

I thought Dom kept us in it for the most part and made some great saves, BUT Clowe's goal was awful. Dom should have had it. It was right after that goal that the Sharks absolutely dominated. Definitely a back breaker. Cheecho's should of been stopped as well.. enough of the rolling around on the back.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Two excellent points. The Sharks won this game with their pressure. The Wings haven't been able to beat it all series. Once again, way too many turnovers. The Sharks plain wanted it more, and they deserved to win.

As for Bertuzzi, he was by far the worse player on the ice for either team. What a s***ty effort on his part.

Rewatch the first half of this game.

Once we backed off the hitting, we were done.

If we kept it up, wed be up 2-1 in this series.

SJ is not that great when checked and fore checked, this game was ours we blew it.

And yes it is a 7 game series and we have already blown 2 lives... we have only two left. Hopefully we find a 1-up mushroom somewhere hidden in the shark tank.

Just need to jump on the vine at the center ice face off dot. Ride it up into sky, jump from cloud to cloud up to the top and find the hidden block. Done it a million times.

My conclusion after the game:

The man everyone though has giant balls (Bertuzzi) has an empty sack tween his legs, and the man who everyone thought has no balls (Dats) has Chuck Norris sized marbles.

Todd B is a waste on this team right now. I was all for us signing him but he has been awful.

Big Ups to Dats, you are THE man.

One bad game makes him awful throughout his entire time as a Wing thus far? A bit overboard eh?

agreed, in this case we shouldnt be arguign the refs calls but berts choice to make such a move <_<

Honestly, I don't think he actually intended to slewfoot him, that's just how it happened. It looked like Bertuzzi intended to bullrush and shove off the defender but as both players started leaning back (briefly losing balance and trying to maintain it), his foot came up behind the San Jose player.

It's still a penalty -- but I'm pretty sure Bertuzzi didn't intend it because it's such an easy call to make as an infraction.

I find it absolutely psychotic that Hasek is shouldering any of the blame for this loss.

Amen to that. I don't care if Hasek, Brodeur, and Roy were all in net at the same time, we weren't going to win tonight with the effort turned in.

Hasek is the least of our problems.

Hasek always looks shaky its his style. The wings just have to do a better job of beating their man to the puck, having good active sticks, and not making sloppy passes out of their zone. I don't know what the stat was for time of possession in t

our zone for the sharks, but i am sure it was not good, and when its in there long enough it's going to come back and bite you in the @$$.

Let's all relax. This is a seven game series. Loss or not I think the Wings played REALLY well *except for in the third* at least give them props for that. This series has gone back and forth with wins. Game 4 is all Wings. I'm just like everyone else. I get extremely pissed off after a loss but then I realize it's best of 7 and anything can happen. Still games left to take to tie the series and take a lead.

I agree with you. This is a seven game series. I am not ready to jump ship or pretend that I know how to coach an NHL team. I think Babcock has done an above average job of coaching the Wings. My thoughts run along the same lines that I have read in this and other forums. We miss Holmstrom...we need his butt parked in front of the goalie. I'm not happy with either Lang or Sammy. We can't afford repeated turnovers, especially in the Playoffs. Bertuzzi? I'm not sure what the deal is there. I don't know if he's still trying to get into form after missing the regular season or if he is being watched so closely by the officials that he can't get into the game, for fear of penalties. Whatever the case, it's just not working.

Wednesday is a new day and a pivotal 4th game. I am confident that with Homer back and few "tweaks" with the lines, we will be tied 2-2.

Rewatch the first half of this game.

Once we backed off the hitting, we were done.

If we kept it up, wed be up 2-1 in this series.

SJ is not that great when checked and fore checked, this game was ours we blew it.

i saw it more as; once san jose started forechecking hard, we were done.

Wings looked wonderful in the 1st,

still pretty good in the 2nd,

train wreck in the 3rd.

detroit has to figure out a way to bust the san jose forecheck.

ps. i cant believe some folks were bashing dom for the loss and his "flopper" goaltending style.

i think hasek kept detroit close.

props to him.

Bert... awe man. :scared:

if detroit doesn't take care of business on wednesday, im gonna have to go out and say sharks in 6, not because im a fairweather fan, but because detroit would have shown they didn't win at the Tank.

we'll see.

Hasek always looks shaky its his style. The wings just have to do a better job of beating their man to the puck, having good active sticks, and not making sloppy passes out of their zone. I don't know what the stat was for time of possession in t

our zone for the sharks, but i am sure it was not good, and when its in there long enough it's going to come back and bite you in the @$$.

No. I always think Hasek will stop it. But tonight, even when we were winning he was in the net, out...looking confused...not controlling the puck...not knowing where the puck was. He just looked shaky to me, and I didn't think either goal was an exceptionally good goal to let in.

I felt we were lucky that so many of their shots went wide.

But they were lucky that we hit the post.

Again, not BLAMING Hasek, just didn't think he was that fantastic tonight.

this is shaping up to be quite the series. let's hope the wings can come back home tied up after wednesday. g'nite. it's kinda nice playing a team that doesn't resort to cheap shots and trying to injure everbody across the center line from them anytime they're down in a game.

Problem is - it's not ONE game and it's not even one game IN THE PLAYOFFS. He's had at least 2 VERY s***ty games by my count.

Here's a guy brought in at the deadline to be a superhero. He's been anything but.

After all is said and done, I just want him to be judged a better choice than Nashville choosing Floppa.

NOT saying we should have gone for Foreskin, but just that we chose a better player from those available.

One bad game makes him awful throughout his entire time as a Wing thus far? A bit overboard eh?