• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Paralyzed Snow Angel of Defeat

Rate this topic

Hasek may be playing good in the playoffs, but I'm sorry, in the playoffs, good just won't cut it. We need great. And so far, Hasek has played one great game. We need more out of him if we want to win this series.

I wish you Hasek lovers could look at things objectively. He wasn't stellar in the regular season, and he certianly hasn't been anything special thus far in the playoffs.

Just to make things clear, so I do get eaten by the wolves here, I AM NOT PUTTING ALL OF THE BLAME ON HASEK, I know we need to score more for him, but he has to be better. It all starts in goal. If we don't have confidence in our goaltending, that directyl effects the rest of the play.

If you don't blame Hasek, then stop posting about blaming him.

Holding Hasek responsible for not winning every game via a shutout (which is about all he can do to play "better" than he has) is the same as blaming Datsyuk for not getting a hat trick every game.

It's not all about one player, and clearly, to get "better" Hasek will have to let in no goals. It's impossible, if the rest of the team isn't perfect as well.

sigh ~

PS - if you think the Wings lack confidence in Dom, you've not been paying attention at all. That is so far from the truth, it's hilarous. :rolleyes:

Edited by puckloo39

If you don't blame Hasek, then stop posting about blaming him.

Holding Hasek responsible for not winning every game via a shutout (which is about all he can do to play "better" than he has) is the same as blaming Datsyuk for not getting a hat trick every game.

It's not all about one player, and clearly, to get "better" Hasek will have to let in no goals. It's impossible, if the rest of the team isn't perfect as well.

sigh ~

PS - if you think the Wings lack confidence in Dom, you've not been paying attention at all. That is so far from the truth, it's hilarous. :rolleyes:

What really is hilarious is that all of you Hasek lovers can't seem to see any fault in him. Tell where did I ever say I hold Hasek responsible for every game we lost? Where? Oh, that's right, I didn't. Also, where did I say it was all Haseks fault? And that every other Wings was playing perfectly? Oh, that's right, I didn't. Boy do I feel silly.

Other than game 6 in Calgary, Hasek has not played half as well as he can. He needs to be better. Seriouly, how can you sit there and actually say Hasek can't play better? Did you even read my post? Or did you just see that Hasek was in bold type and assume what I wrote?

I'm glad you're in exile, because otherwise I'd be throwing you in that direction for making such an inane, scapegoating comment. Where were your criticism when Hasek won game after game in the regular season, in game 2, and in the Calgary series?

Honestly, give me a break. Could you be any more transparent?

I'm only glad that more of the regulars are starting to realize this sort of bulls*** for what it is.

Be glad you're not a Sabres fan, elsewise you would have gone insane watching him carry the Sabres on his back to the playoffs every season.

He's a solid goalie, so please just cut it out.

OK- the one thing I will concede to those of you with your holier than thou attitutude towards people with a different opinion on your perfect Hasek...

The title of my thread is overdramatic and sends off a vibe that people would think I said Hasek sucks and is to blame for everything wrong in the world. I titled this thread after being pissed off with two specific plays, neither of which directly led to the game three loss, but nevertheless pissed me off enough to ***** about it.

Never once did I "scapegoat" Hasek for the Wings losing. Do you guys read previous posts at all? I did state that I don't like Hasek or his style of play, and that I never have. He has been one of those guys I love to hate, and now he's on the Wings so I actually root for him to succeed. Obviously criticizing a Red Wing on a Red Wings forum is a bad idea (some people can't seem to handle it without getting their panties up in a bunch). It leads to negative conversations such as this, which nobody needs.

Anyway, as I have said many times before- I DONT BLAME HASEK FOR LOSING ANY OF THE GAMES. He is a good goalie and has helped the Wings with pretty solid play. Like any player he makes some bonehead plays and his are magnified because of his position. And because I have always disliked him, his screwups piss me off more than the next guy.

He is by no means the best goalie in the playoffs this year but he's been good enough to help the Wings win 5 games so far. And since he's a Red Wing I'll be cheering for him and the Wings to take the Sharks down and a get a big win tonight.

*edit* And it is possible to carry on a conversation without threats and name calling.......

Edited by Wings_Fan_In_Exile

OK- the one thing I will concede to those of you with your holier than thou attitutude towards people with a different opinion on your perfect Hasek...

The title of my thread is overdramatic and sends off a vibe that people would think I said Hasek sucks and is to blame for everything wrong in the world. I titled this thread after being pissed off with two specific plays, neither of which directly led to the game three loss, but nevertheless pissed me off enough to ***** about it.

Never once did I "scapegoat" Hasek for the Wings losing. Do you guys read previous posts at all? I did state that I don't like Hasek or his style of play, and that I never have. He has been one of those guys I love to hate, and now he's on the Wings so I actually root for him to succeed. Obviously criticizing a Red Wing on a Red Wings forum is a bad idea (some people can't seem to handle it without getting their panties up in a bunch). It leads to negative conversations such as this, which nobody needs.

Anyway, as I have said many times before- I DONT BLAME HASEK FOR LOSING ANY OF THE GAMES. He is a good goalie and has helped the Wings with pretty solid play. Like any player he makes some bonehead plays and his are magnified because of his position. And because I have always disliked him, his screwups piss me off more than the next guy.

He is by no means the best goalie in the playoffs this year but he's been good enough to help the Wings win 5 games so far. And since he's a Red Wing I'll be cheering for him and the Wings to take the Sharks down and a get a big win tonight.

*edit* And it is possible to carry on a conversation without threats and name calling.......

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why is it so hard for people to understand? You say one bad thing about Hasek, and suddenly you are blaming him for the Wings losing to the Sharks in '94. Come on people, grow up!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Why is it so hard for people to understand? You say one bad thing about Hasek, and suddenly you are blaming him for the Wings losing to the Sharks in '94. Come on people, grow up!

Yeah I understand and respect defending your favorite player or whatever. But I don't think everybody actually reads what is said in previous posts. It's kinda funny to see the mob mentality in action though

Funny avatar by the way. :D

It's kinda funny to see the mob mentality in action though

I refer to this as the Flock mentality.

I don't know of a true fan of any player who turns against them because of a bad game or a bad season or whatever... "well i used to like so and so... in fact he used to be my favorite player... but he hasn't scored in 10 games, so he has to go..." They are just following in line with the rest of the flock.... baaaaaaa.

Everybody truely knows Christopher Osgood is the true reason we are failing out there.... just nobody wants to say it :P

Yeah I understand and respect defending your favorite player or whatever. But I don't think everybody actually reads what is said in previous posts. It's kinda funny to see the mob mentality in action though

Funny avatar by the way. :D

It is funny, I just don't get it. Clearly Dom hasn't played like he can, and he needs to play better. But don't say that, you might hurt someones feelings.

Yeah, the first time I saw this avatar, I couldn't stop laughing. I'm surprised no one has ripped me a new ******* for having it lol!

Hard to believe.. but Lidstrom has been a huge problem in games 3 and 4. Way too many turnovers. Too many soft clearing attempts. Don't get me wrong.. he still makes world class plays, but as long as he keeps sending lobs up the middle, the Sharks will continue to dominate the zone.

It is funny, I just don't get it. Clearly Dom hasn't played like he can, and he needs to play better. But don't say that, you might hurt someones feelings.

Yeah, the first time I saw this avatar, I couldn't stop laughing. I'm surprised no one has ripped me a new ******* for having it lol!

Like I said before... Dom has kept us in the games... but now he must shut the door completely... he needs to single handedly allow a 1 goal game to come out in our favor. The wings, as seasons past, don't like to score much after April 8th. That has been our fault.

As for your avatar... I do have one complaint.... I can't click on it :P

Hard to believe.. but Lidstrom has been a huge problem in games 2 and 3. Way too many turnovers. Too many soft clearing attempts. Don't get me wrong.. he still makes world class plays, but as long as he keeps sending lobs up the middle, the Sharks will continue to dominate the zone.

Edited by UWO_Winger

During the game on saturday, my boyfriend kept yelling at hasek to stay in the net. It was hard to explain to him but that is how Hasek plays and as much as it makes my stomach flip, no one is going to be able to tell that old man not to play the puck.

I guess it just comes with the territory.

That's all part of the humor of it!

Crazy, Hasek has played great hockey all playoffs, He has not faced alot of shots but he has faced alot of good scoring chances. Hasek is One of the Top Goalies in the League BECAUSE of his crazy style (dont know if you can call it a style). Hasek has keep the Wings in every game this playoff season, EVERY GAME. He is giving the Wings the chance to WIN every hockey game, It is the guys in front of Hasek that are not producing. Hasek is doing everything that is asked of him.

If you think Hasek is the reason Detroit has lost any game in the post season then you sir/mama are out of your ever loving mind and need to find a new sport to watch cause you dont understand hockey.

Good Day.... I SAID Good Day

Who knew FES was a Wings fan? :P

This focus on Hasek needing to be pretty much perfect in order for the Wings to win this series is pretty strange, IMO. He's let in fewer than 2 goals per game, good enough for virtually any other team in the playoffs. It's lack of offense that killing the Wings, not Hasek's play.

Honestly, it's a tad unrealistic to expect Dom to be flawless -- even though we know he's capable of it. Sometimes the other team makes a great play and they're going to score. That's hockey.

Here's the other thing: if the Wings allow San Jose to cycle the puck around our net and don't fight for it and clear it, and they spend all but 2 minutes of each period in just that situation -- the Sharks will score. It's inevitable. Hasek can't leave the net to clear the puck, but the rest of the team sure can. :)

This focus on Hasek needing to be pretty much perfect in order for the Wings to win this series is pretty strange, IMO. He's let in fewer than 2 goals per game, good enough for virtually any other team in the playoffs. It's lack of offense that killing the Wings, not Hasek's play.

Honestly, it's a tad unrealistic to expect Dom to be flawless -- even though we know he's capable of it. Sometimes the other team makes a great play and they're going to score. That's hockey.

Here's the other thing: if the Wings allow San Jose to cycle the puck around our net and don't fight for it and clear it, and they spend all but 2 minutes of each period in just that situation -- the Sharks will score. It's inevitable. Hasek can't leave the net to clear the puck, but the rest of the team sure can. :)

First of all, in this series, Haseks isn't allowing just 1 goal per game, and in fact his GAA is 2.00 in this series. So your idea of only needing to get more than 1 goal to win just doesn't hold up to the facts.

Another problem I have with all you Domaholics, no one has said they expect Hasek to be perfect. You keep saying that, but it isn't true. You are starting to sound more and more like a politician. All any of us have said is simply that Hasek needs to be better if the Wings are to win. And I don't think anyone will argue that we need to score more.

Lastly, about Hasek not being able to clear the puck, maybe you should tell him that. I don't know what games you are watching, but Hasek typically will leave his net and try tp play the puck while there is pressure in the Wings defensive zone at least once a period. He needs to stop that. He should never handle the puck. If it comes near him, freeze it. He simply does not have the skill to move the puck. If we want a goalie who can move the puck, Babs would be starting Ozzie. Obviously Babs is more concerned about the goalie stopping the puck, than playing it. Why does Hasek always think he needs to play the puck? It's insane. He knows he is an awful puck handler, the Wings know it, and so does the rest of the NHL. So who does he think he is trying to fool? STAY IN THE NET HASEK!!!!

I think you just don't like Dom and are looking for excuses and reasons to cast blame. As if it's his fault alone if the Wings fail to score and disappear for entire periods of hockey at a time? Trying to tell Dom how to play goal is as senseless as telling Lidstrom how to defend.

But, whatever... enjoy! :lol:

I think you just don't like Dom and are looking for excuses and reasons to cast blame. As if it's his fault alone if the Wings fail to score and disappear for entire periods of hockey at a time? Trying to tell Dom how to play goal is as senseless as telling Lidstrom how to defend.

But, whatever... enjoy! :lol:

I don't like Dom, I've said that all along, I didn't like him back in 1995, I didn't like him in 2002, and I don't like him now. That isn't the issue. He isn't playing like the Wings need him to, or like he can. I never once told him how to play, except for the obvious don't play the puck. And if you think he should play the puck, wow, seriously you need to learn a bit more about hockey. You just don't realize how much what he does screws up a dman.

You can't deny Hasek is playing poorly this series. He needs to be better. So does the rest of the team. But like anyone who knows anything about hockey will tell you, it all starts in goal.

EDIT: Just FYI, I did, and do give him credit for the way he played in Calgary, but somewhere on the flight back to Detroit, he lost whatever was motivating him to play that well.

Edited by BringHomeTheCup!

Guest Crymson

I think any time GAA is used to judge a goalie, so should SP. While Hasek's GAA is at the top of the remaining goalies, his SP is not. Again, I am not saying he sucks or is to blame for a single loss. Just food for thought.

Giguere .955

Luongo .941

Miller .931

Lundqvist .927

Nabokov .922

Broduer .919

Hasek .918

Emery .914

(data from TSN)

And just to point out, even though he annoys me, I'd rather have a goalie with a save percentage of .918 than some hack in the 80's percentile. But man does he make me nervous.

Food for thought eh?

Here's the spin of your topic: "Hasek is losing this series for us.. but I'm not whining or blaming him. Oh, and here are some statistics which show that he's responsible for our losses."

Take some accountability: you started this thread because you wanted to scapegoat Hasek for our game three loss. Honestly, don't be a coward and try to avoid it with the "This is how it is.. but I'm not sure."

Hard to believe.. but Lidstrom has been a huge problem in games 2 and 3. Way too many turnovers. Too many soft clearing attempts. Don't get me wrong.. he still makes world class plays, but as long as he keeps sending lobs up the middle, the Sharks will continue to dominate the zone.

Here's a great example of lack of perspective. This sort of thing has been around ALL season. People have bitched, moaned, pointed fingers and scapegoated people for making mistakes all season. NO team is perfect. NO player is perfect. What is important is that, ON AVERAGE, our team and our players are better than all others.

In the regular season, Hasek, Lidstrom, etc. and the Wings as a whole were, ON AVERAGE, better than any other team (forget Buffalo's shootout-win-inflated record). In the playoffs, Hasek has been ON AVERAGE very good. Lidstrom has been ON AVERAGE the best defenseman in the playoffs.

Seriously, THINK... and don't be a spoiled fan. Nobody is perfect; be grateful you have a great team to cheer on.

Food for thought eh?

Here's the spin of your topic: "Hasek is losing this series for us.. but I'm not whining or blaming him. Oh, and here are some statistics which show that he's responsible for our losses."

Take some accountability: you started this thread because you wanted to scapegoat Hasek for our game three loss. Honestly, don't be a coward and try to avoid it with the "This is how it is.. but I'm not sure."

Thanks, Crym. I don't know that logic will work here, but good try!

You can't deny Hasek is playing poorly this series. He needs to be better.

I tend to disagree, actually. Granted, I was unable to view Game 1 (Versus <_<), but in Games 2 and 3, outside of the Thornton goal giveaway - which was ******* ridiculous, I don't deny that - he was stellar. I said just after Game 3 ended I thought Dom had put in his best performance of the playoffs, period. We can sit here and argue all day about whether he should've had the Cheechoo goal, but the number of downright gigantic stops he made up to that point speak for themselves. As far as I'm concerned, he's delivered on his end of the bargain.

Funny, you know, how you and I (and others) all watched the same game and came to largely opposite conclusions? Hockey is weird, man.

I tend to disagree, actually. Granted, I was unable to view Game 1 (Versus <_<), but in Games 2 and 3, outside of the Thornton goal giveaway - which was ******* ridiculous, I don't deny that - he was stellar. I said just after Game 3 ended I thought Dom had put in his best performance of the playoffs, period. We can sit here and argue all day about whether he should've had the Cheechoo goal, but the number of downright gigantic stops he made up to that point speak for themselves. As far as I'm concerned, he's delivered on his end of the bargain.

Funny, you know, how you and I (and others) all watched the same game and came to largely opposite conclusions? Hockey is weird, man.

I agree with you, I think Hasek had done exactly what the Wings asked him to when they signed him, that is Give the Wings a chance to win every playoff game.

The last line about the opposite conclustions. That is simply the fact some people go into the game with certain expectations and if they are not met they come here and post topics. Were as some of the Fans watch the game and let the game unfold instead of having expectations.

I am one of those fans that Watch each and every game (that I can) because I want to see a good Hockey game,

Win or Lose. (hopefully a Win)