• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 4: Red Wings 3, Sharks 2 (OT)

Rate this topic

And I will happily admit Hasek played a solid game. Neither goal he could do much about in this one. Although it kinda looked like he ducked away from the second goal- but it was just a fluke play and he probably never saw the puck.

What made me happy about his perfomance was that there was no paralysis when he used the snow angel, he spread out then got back into position. After his game last night the move should be known as the Snow Angel of Doom. I still don't love the guy, but last night he played just as all the Dom backers said he could. :thumbup:

you're the man WFiE. We can be friends now. Thanks for stepping up and owning it. Not to say Dom won't have a bad game going forward, but this one -- it's why the Wings went and got him out of what would surely have been final retirement.

Hasek for Vezina. :P yeah, yeah, I know... playoffs don't count, I mean from the regular season, too. Looks likely that all the nominees will be playing golf soon, leaving little old Dom still standing. He wants a Cup!! Yay!

soak it up, soak it up, that was the last game the redwings are winning this season period.

Strong words.

Checklist of Sharks fans comments

1. Samadelphia - "Sharks in 5"

2. spaMgobLiN - "that was the last game the redwings are winning this season period."

You might be next on that list.

I really have to hand it to the Red Wings, there is no quit whatsoever in that team. The whole team is playing like gritty veterans, desperate for one last shot at a Cup. While this is true for only some Wings I believe something like the Ray Bourque effect is inspiring the Wings. It will not be easy for the Sharks to come back from two heartbreaking losses, but if either team can win one of the next two this is going to be a seven-game classic that fans of both teams will remember for a long time.

Strong words.

2. spaMgobLiN - "that was the last game the redwings are winning this season period."

hahaha well said NFM

The last 2 games have been the best hockey I've seen in a long time. Nice win by the Wings.

Part of me wants this to go to 7 because it's been fun to watch. But whichever team makes it through is going to have a tough enough time with the Ducks as it is, and I'd much rather see whoever wins this series take the conference.

What a play by Schneider. Simply incredible. To catch the puck, put it in front of him, adjust to it, and launch a ROCKET at the net, over a would be blocker, in one fluid, BEAUTIFUL motion, just incredible. The day after, and I'm STILL pumped.

That really was a beaut. Someone else might be able to check me on this, but wasn't that Schneider's first registered shot on goal in this series? The 2 posts don't count and he's been blocked a lot.

soak it up, soak it up, that was the last game the redwings are winning this season period.

Uh-huh. I recall many Sharks fans calling for a series sweep or a 4-1 series result. Now the Fish fans are revising their predictions to Sharks in 6.

Keep up the confidence, Sharks fans.

Guest LevelHeadedSharksFan

First time posting on this forum. During game 4, I had a few things I wanted to post regardless of the game's outcome.

1a. Had the Sharks won, I definitely would've been relieved, but it was a game the Sharks didn't deserve to win.

1b. Since the Wings eventually did win in overtime, it was definitely a game the Wings deserved.

2. The Wings played like the much younger and faster team, and it were the Sharks who played otherwise. Kind of ironic.

3. Throughout this series, the Wings' powerplay has made the Sharks' powerplay look mediocre. Regardless of how often the Wings scored on their PPs, the way they enter the zone, pass the puck around with all 5 guys in motion is a thing of beauty. The Sharks' PP did rank #2 in the regular season, but I've always thought that was a bit deceiving. They started the season very well on the PP, but towards the end of the season their numbers dropped dramatically. I believe the reason for this is because as teams were fighting for playoff positions, most teams ramped up their PKs, and the Sharks did not react well to this. It showed in the first round against Nashville when the Predators were much more agressive on their PKs. (Yes, I realize the Sharks did score 3 goals within 20 seconds of the PPs expriring).

4. Prior to game 4, I had heard Holstrom this, Holstrom that, and how he could change the game. Holly cow! The guy was a constant rear-in-the-face in front of Nabby. Even before he scored that goal I already saw the reason why he was sorely missed by the Wings. Definitely an impact player.

5. The injury to Bill Guerin appeared to be the turning point.

Since the Sharks did lose game 4, a part of me would've preferred the we had lost by a larger margin. The way we played we definitely didn't deserve to win, and even if we somehow manage to claw through this round, there is no way we can play like this against the next opponent, likely Anaheim. There is no killer instinct in the team. In the last round, we lost one game while being up 2-0. In this round, game 4 was the second game we've lost to the Wings while being up 2-0. Props to the Wings though for bringing their A game last night though.

No point in predicting game 5 or 6. I'm sensing, hoping, for a game 7.

Edited by LevelHeadedSharksFan

Even though I'd have to say it was the smallest RedWing fan turn out I have ever seen there, I was glad I was there.

But I gotta say I have never yelled so loud when they tied the game up, I got some very unhappy looks.

I thought we controlled the puck alot better over the majority of the ice. But when Thornton gets the puck down low, I admit I worry. That man is a sniper when it comes to passing.

Good Game Wings!!!

If they come back here for the series win, I better be able to get tickets! haha

I really have to hand it to the Red Wings, there is no quit whatsoever in that team. The whole team is playing like gritty veterans, desperate for one last shot at a Cup. While this is true for only some Wings I believe something like the Ray Bourque effect is inspiring the Wings. It will not be easy for the Sharks to come back from two heartbreaking losses, but if either team can win one of the next two this is going to be a seven-game classic that fans of both teams will remember for a long time.

Amen. I'm really disappointed that these two had to meet now vice the WCF. I love the Red Wings, but have followed the Sharks all year (thanks to my wife) and have really been impressed with them. Great team, and this is turning into the terrific series we all knew it would. I still root for the Wings, but hope that if the Sharks win that they take it all, because f*** Anaheim and Ottawa and their s***ty fans and punk players.

definitely Guerin. Don't know his status though.

IPB Image

That, my friends, is a hockey player. Way to suck it up, Billy. Now get back out there.

I hope nobody turned it off with like 30 seconds to go... That'd be awful. Still, can't believe it, what a game. I just kept thinking the way Dom has played with the ammount of pressure they had on us, we had to win it for him

so stevie, says,"

My name is Maximus Yzerman, commander of the Armies of the Detroit, General of the Original Six, loyal servant to the true emperor, Scottie Bowman. Father to a murdered son, husband to a beautiful wife. And I will have my vengeance...Upone the dreaded, Ducks, Avalanche, Sharks, and whomever., in this life or the next.

Steve was is and always will be a class act, supreme captain, and a powerful warrior , on the ice.

now let's get back to my dillema. I'm here in Southern California...i have to listen to these crappy ducks games on tv, but i can't get no redwings games , wven w/ satelite...i hear the games on WXYT net stream...are you all in agreement that none of these supposed fans on the West coast don't know squat about real hockey? 1= yes, 2= no.

I'm waiting for a rematch w/ the ducks..we can take 'em yes??? bastardos!!

The Legend of Stevie will cary us onward and forward, fellow wingnuts!!

Strong words.

Yea we'll just see about that! ;P

and i'll be crossing your ass out if it turns out to be the truth.

(dont kill me)

At this point I dont care if the sharks get swept in the WCF, as long as they beat the redwings I will be extremely happy.

Edited by spaMgobLiN

Mathieu Schneider, you underrated bastard! :D Simply one of the most incredible plays of the whole series.

and as for you Langer, I never doubted you buddy. Lot's of people have, but you've contributed a whole lot more than BerSnoozy! :lol:

I basically almost died of a coronary tonight boys. I was literally on my knees in the middle of the sports bar with everyone staring at me. That was even more true when I almost chopped my head off by almost jumping 15 feet into the ceiling fan when Scheids scored.

who would have thought that we would be 30 seconds away from being down 3-1, and the series is now tied? GOD I LOVE HOCKEY!! :yowza:

Guest Tunbo Batman

hmm, i'd say the Sharks are done :P

Man what an awsome game, best of the year IMO. Anyone noticed when the Wings went down 2-0 and started hitting everything that moved? Which caused turnovers and penalties and scoring chances. After that Homer goal Glen Healey siad the Sharks are going to need 3 to win. Everyone could feel the Wings comming on. Man I was so pumped when Langer scored, I knew at that pont the Wings were going to win that game, after the way they battled how could they lose? And whats up with the Sharks, seems like after they scored that second goal there minds were already in the car on the drive home. What a gritty effort by the Wings, Keep it up boys!!! NEVER QUIT :angry:

Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow!

Talk about waiting until the last minute to tie up the game. I swear, I am so glad they didn't quit, don't get me wrong. But geez, they are killing me. I keep noticing throughout the game, that I was clencthing teeth SO Hard. I just could not control it. HIGH ANXIETY!

I am so so so so proud of Filpilla and Kyle Quincy. Talk about stepping up when your team needs you. Zetteburg was pissing me off last night, kept making stupid passes ending up in odd man rushes.

Can't wait for Saturday's game!

Yea we'll just see about that! ;P

and i'll be crossing your ass out if it turns out to be the truth.

(dont kill me)

At this point I dont care if the sharks get swept in the WCF, as long as they beat the redwings I will be extremely happy.

why do you have it out to beat us now, the mentality of screw the cup i just wanna beat this team has always been mind boggling to me :huh: