• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ducks2007

Go Ducks

Rate this topic

what the heck is with all this from ducks fan 'ZOMGOOSES OUR D IS DA BEST CUZ WEZ HAVE PRONGER & NIEDERMAYER...AND THOSE 4 OTHER GUYS NO ONES HEARD OF!!!111!!11!!shift+1!!1one!11!!!!.' Sorry, but, we've seen what happened when a team starts to muslce our top line...and you will see soon too but since I like to ruin endings of stuff, ill let you in on the secret....other players step up and score.

to their Goal JS, enjoy the view from the back end of Homer, youll be seein it alot :P

Go Wings, beat the crap out of Chrissy and Salami.

I friggin' love the fact that we have the total support of you guys. :lol:

I have no problem with fans supporting their team...but some of the statements I've seen from Ducks fans here show that they clearly didn't watch the Wings/Sharks series at all (or the Wings/Flames series, for that matter) and probably just read the post-game highlights on TSN.

I'm quite glad that I don't feel the need to brag up the Wings on other boards. Let's let our play speak for itself.

That's because you're a hockey fan and not some loser that read about his team winning and immediately jumped on the bandwagon.

The people that come in here to flame are either young children or adults with minds and maturity of a retarded Barney doll.

But I didn't even need to say that. One Ducks supporter actually admitted to betting $10,000 on his team. And from the kind of car he admittingly drives, it doesn't sound like he has that kind of money to spend. Retarded? You bet! Retarded Ducks fan? Bingo. I guess he never took in consideration that it only takes one errant shot or bodycheck and Pronger could be gone for the series. I hope he enjoys living in a cardboard box the rest of his useless life.

Did you guys hear Coach Bombay's press conference after the Wings won tonight?

Sports Reporter: Coach, what do you think of your team's chances against the Red Wings?

Coach Bombay: Now here's the long and the short of it: I hate hockey and I don't like kids.

I know, you guys are jealous of our obviously focused coach.

:rotflmao:

This thread has been comedic gold!

That's because you're a hockey fan and not some loser that read about his team winning and immediately jumped on the bandwagon.

The people that come in here to flame are either young children or adults with minds and maturity of a retarded Barney doll.

But I didn't even need to say that. One Ducks supporter actually admitted to betting $10,000 on his team. And from the kind of car he admittingly drives, it doesn't sound like he has that kind of money to spend. Retarded? You bet! Retarded Ducks fan? Bingo. I guess he never took in consideration that it only takes one errant shot or bodycheck and Pronger could be gone for the series. I hope he enjoys living in a cardboard box the rest of his useless life.

Retarded Barney Doll! :rotflmao:

Well I just got off the phone with my bookmaker and got done laying 10G's on The Duck at +110 in the series.

If i win, I'm going to upgrade my '91 Toyota Celica into something a bit fresher. If I lose, well, I may have to ditch the apartment, hit up the relatives for money, and trade in the Celica for one of those 1970s Winnebagos and go back to squatting out in the high desert. So GO DUCK!

After viewing this thread, it certainly appears that many of you spend to much time listening to ignorant Calgary/San Jose fans talk up their team....Calgary was garbage, and they pushed the WING to the brink of elimination. The Shark, while a decent team, was one terrible third period choke job away from putting the proverbial razorblades to yout wrists... The Duck, on the other hand, is well documented as facing the hottest team in hockey with the regular season's best netminder, and putting them down like a stray pit bull with rabies. Than they took the next great superstar goaltender who had already stolen a series in Dallas and put his French Canadian Bout securely on le bench in game one, before cleaning up the series quicker than an American MP patrol during a friendly fire investigation. Most people are pointing to Vanloser's powerplay inaffectiveness as being the reason they lost, but no one is tossing out the fact that it was the DUCK and their superior penalty kill that put them there. Where was the Sedin twins and their vicious down low cycle plays?

Get ready for the eastern european line of Pahlsson(Swedish)-Moenov(Russian)-Niedermaier(Polish) who is going to UTTERLY ERADICATE the effectiveness of the Zetterburg-Datsuck combo. I'm just curious whether Andres Lilja is going to deem himself a worthy fighting opponent of Moenov again like that regular season matchup. Godspeed.

I can only hope the Duck doesn't accumulate too much rust before beginning their SCF's matchup, so maybe it would serve them well to lose this first one in detroit on purpose. Maybe start Caron in net, or just withhold starting a goaltender and put George Killer O'Parros as a six attacker and just let him skate around taking out critical joints and handing out AARP cards to all the needy Red Wings.

Cordially yours,

The Booth :ph34r:

I was thinking more along the lines of The Booth>>>>Flames Fans>>>>>Duck Fans>>>>>Shark Fans>>>>>>>Rapists and pedophiles>>>>>>Single celled organisms>>>>>>King Fans

D*mn these types of posts make me so happy, and surprisingly comfortable. While I know you're just one of those trolls that will go away when this series is over regardless of the outcome, I love that fans of both the Flames and the Sharks have come on our boards and made these types of comments. It gives me confidence hearing people overly cocky.

Let me guess.....Ducks in 5! Where have I heard that before?

As I stated before, the Wings do NOT have a weak defense. The entire team is very defense orientated, and they play solid. A weakness of the Ducks is that we have a few players that play solid defense. I know everyone already mentioned Niedermayer and Pronger (who I guess people dislike, care to elaborate so I can learn more Detroit rivalries?), but it is important to highlight Beauchemin and Pahlsson, who play defense well. Again, this pales in comparison to Detroit's team-defense.

In one of our games against Vancouver, we took 60-70 shots, and should have racked up a fairly high score, but Luongo was AMAZING. We will not get 60-70 shots on a team that can limit you to 20 over an entire game. I think our defense is going to be tired at the end of this series, so I'm looking forward to our offensive lines to produce some scoring. I do acknowledge that Detroit is by far our hardest opponent thus far, but think we can keep pace with you guys. Either way, looking forward to it.

I'm just afraid that Giguere is going to take off his mask and reveal an adolescent black child from the streets, who will then flip the puck up on edge and take a slap shot, scoring from his own blue line on a shot he coins "The Knucklepuck".

Or if Giguere is replaced by Julie "The Cat" Gaffney from Bangor, Maine. She's got a quick glove.

Well you got Slow and Old right, as you havent faced any real physical teams yet as the Ducks so far in this years playoffs. With knowing your blueline not having the physical aspect in it!............ you will deffinatley be seeing half your team slow due to the hard hitting and checking coming from us. I can see the headlines already, "Age caught up to Wings, due to young talent". If i see this headline on any news paper, or online article, i demand compensation reporters!.

Learn 2 Play :sly:

:blink: Minnesota? and you guys have?

as for the rest of your post... :lol: wut?

to their Goal JS, enjoy the view from the back end of Homer, youll be seein it alot :P

Hell Yeah, holmer is not f'd for the first 3 games this series!

Some of us are still feeling the effects of a long night and a late game. The Quacks have been sitting in the sun relaxing, and yes, that's good. But the Wings have worked hard to get here and have overcome some adversity while the Quacks and their mommas-boy leader Chris Pronger have met zero skill, speed or much opposition so far. Time for a wake-up call ...

Well I just got off the phone with my bookmaker and got done laying 10G's on The Duck at +110 in the series.

If i win, I'm going to upgrade my '91 Toyota Celica into something a bit fresher. If I lose, well, I may have to ditch the apartment, hit up the relatives for money, and trade in the Celica for one of those 1970s Winnebagos and go back to squatting out in the high desert. So GO DUCK!

After viewing this thread, it certainly appears that many of you spend to much time listening to ignorant Calgary/San Jose fans talk up their team....Calgary was garbage, and they pushed the WING to the brink of elimination. The Shark, while a decent team, was one terrible third period choke job away from putting the proverbial razorblades to yout wrists... The Duck, on the other hand, is well documented as facing the hottest team in hockey with the regular season's best netminder, and putting them down like a stray pit bull with rabies. Than they took the next great superstar goaltender who had already stolen a series in Dallas and put his French Canadian Bout securely on le bench in game one, before cleaning up the series quicker than an American MP patrol during a friendly fire investigation. Most people are pointing to Vanloser's powerplay inaffectiveness as being the reason they lost, but no one is tossing out the fact that it was the DUCK and their superior penalty kill that put them there. Where was the Sedin twins and their vicious down low cycle plays?

Get ready for the eastern european line of Pahlsson(Swedish)-Moenov(Russian)-Niedermaier(Polish) who is going to UTTERLY ERADICATE the effectiveness of the Zetterburg-Datsuck combo. I'm just curious whether Andres Lilja is going to deem himself a worthy fighting opponent of Moenov again like that regular season matchup. Godspeed.

I can only hope the Duck doesn't accumulate too much rust before beginning their SCF's matchup, so maybe it would serve them well to lose this first one in detroit on purpose. Maybe start Caron in net, or just withhold starting a goaltender and put George Killer O'Parros as a six attacker and just let him skate around taking out critical joints and handing out AARP cards to all the needy Red Wings.

Cordially yours,

The Booth :ph34r:

I was thinking more along the lines of The Booth>>>>Flames Fans>>>>>Duck Fans>>>>>Shark Fans>>>>>>>Rapists and pedophiles>>>>>>Single celled organisms>>>>>>King Fans

You really have no clue what the hell you're talking about, do you?

Rob Niedermayer is from Cassiar, BC, CANADA. Maybe you got him confused with Scott Niedermayer? Oh, wait, Edmonton isn't in Poland, is it?

Next up, you speak derisively about Luongo's French Canadian heritage after touting your awesome Giggy. BUT Giggy is from the same fricking city as Luongo! :rolleyes:

And how the hell is Giguere the best regular season goalie? Apparently being 6th in GAA, 10th in W, 8th in PCT, and 18th in SO makes you the best regular season goalie?!?! {note, goalies with fewer than 21 games aren't counted in these numbers, and only one goalie with under 40 games (Mike Smith) was counted, and he only showed up in one list).

Is Giguere an unbelievable goalie? Hell yeah. Was he the best in the regular season? Only if half the league died. Does he have 6 Vezina's? Nope. Only two goalies in history have gotten that many, and guess who one of them is...

And before you call Hasek old- he beat your young goalie in 2/3 keystone stats this regular season and already owns a spot in the HoF.

Once again, though, I want to reiterate that I think Giguere is an unbelievably good goalie- I was a fan of his back when I watched him play his major junior carrier in Halifax. But I'm not going to stand here and listen to you talk out of your ass about stats.

Well you got Slow and Old right, as you havent faced any real physical teams yet as the Ducks so far in this years playoffs. With knowing your blueline not having the physical aspect in it!............ you will deffinatley be seeing half your team slow due to the hard hitting and checking coming from us. I can see the headlines already, "Age caught up to Wings, due to young talent". If i see this headline on any news paper, or online article, i demand compensation reporters!.

Learn 2 Play :sly:

Not this s*** again :nonono:

Rob Niedermayer is from Cassiar, BC, CANADA. Maybe you got him confused with Scott Niedermayer? Oh, wait, Edmonton isn't in Poland, is it?

Next up, you speak derisively about Luongo's French Canadian heritage after touting your awesome Giggy. BUT Giggy is from the same fricking city as Luongo! :rolleyes:

And how the hell is Giguere the best regular season goalie? Apparently being 6th in GAA, 10th in W, 8th in PCT, and 18th in SO makes you the best regular season goalie?!?! {note, goalies with fewer than 21 games aren't counted in these numbers, and only one goalie with under 40 games (Mike Smith) was counted, and he only showed up in one list).

Is Giguere an unbelievable goalie? Hell yeah. Was he the best in the regular season? Only if half the league died. Does he have 6 Vezina's? Nope. Only two goalies in history have gotten that many, and guess who one of them is...

And before you call Hasek old- he beat your young goalie in 2/3 keystone stats this regular season and already owns a spot in the HoF.

Once again, though, I want to reiterate that I think Giguere is an unbelievably good goalie- I was a fan of his back when I watched him play his major junior carrier in Halifax. But I'm not going to stand here and listen to you talk out of your ass about stats.

Very well stated! :thumbup: Just remember though, you can't fix stupid! :P

Well well, I expected more smack-talk this round, but this is insane! :P

Good luck to the Ducks, and WELCOME to the boards.. that is, welcome to the intelligent posters who are here to talk hockey!

Season series proved these teams are pretty equal I think. I even was lucky enough to attend the last game at the Joe. As the Sharks

proved, bigger/stronger/younger means nothing when it comes to playing the Wings. Veteran saavy + good young forwards, and more checking/physical play than anyone thought the Wings capable of.. I may be wrong, but vs. the Flames and Sharks we outhit them in every game. So physicality is a non-issue. Although we don't have anyone to fight George Parros. :lol: (spelling right I hope)

Covenant's Cubicle Analysis

Defense: Draw. Many will scoff, especially after Schneider went down, but.. Pronger/Niedermeyer are stupendous (to say the least), but I'll take Lidstrom/Chelios' combination to match up fairly even. After that, Beauchemin/?? , etc. a wash.

Offense: Ducks (slightly).. Their "big/strong/young" forwards can actually finish.. and Dats/Zetts/Homer will have a tough time behind the net with Pronger back there laying people out.. BUT, that being said, we've scored some timely goals with some unsuspecting guys so far, and I expect that to continue-- depth.

Goaltending: The great unknown.. But, I'm giving the edge to Hasek. If he doesn't play the puck that often it will help, but nobody comes up with timely saves like him. Giggy is all-world too..

Wow, tough one, but I like the Wings in 6 grueling games (hopefully 5)

Ducks are NO Senators - - that series will be scary.

On top of that, I didn't know Sweden was in Eastern Europe. Last I checked it was pretty far North.

Now ive always liked the WIngs, and my favorite player was Steve Yzerman. Even wear his number when playing hockey and have the Red WIngs team signed jersey from 2002, but my Ducks will win this series I believe.

The absence of Schneider will cost the Wings dearly. I just cant see the WIngs beating the Ducks in this series.

The Ducks are ready and well prepared, and are on mission. Ive seen every Wings games this postseason, and the Ducks speed is going to catch the Wings offguard. The Red Wings blueline is considerably slow, with the exception of Lebda and maybe Lidstrom. In my opinion, and you guys may not agree, but I think that the long passes the Ducks make in this series from blueline to blueline will really hurt the Wings. The defensive positioning of the Wings defensemen I think will cost the Wings the series. If the Wings fall down early like they did in the first 5 games in the San Jose series, mark my words, they will not pull out the wins like they did against San Jose in games 2 and 4.

The Wings defense has serious weaknesses. Pahlsson is the most underrated player in the NHL, IMO.

And watch out for this player I mention to you guys. His name is Ryan Getzlaf. He wil be the difference maker in this series.

I'll be at the games here in Orange County

Predicting Ducks in 6.

However, as odd as this may sound to some of you, I wouldnt be surprised if the Ducks end up sweeping this series.

Good luck

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!! My Wings match up poorly with the Quacks, and it will UNDOUBTEDLY be a cake-walk for Anaheim. IN FACT, you guys should be looking PAST Detroit and planning your strategies for Ottawa/Buffalo. PLEASE disregard this series, it is simply a formality before your playing in the Finals. Good luck in your quest for the Cup and remember, there is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to prepare for Detroit. Your victory is a done deal!!!! :yowza:

YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!! My Wings match up poorly with the Quacks, and it will UNDOUBTEDLY be a cake-walk for Anaheim. IN FACT, you guys should be looking PAST Detroit and planning your strategies for Ottawa/Buffalo. PLEASE disregard this series, it is simply a formality before your playing in the Finals. Good luck in your quest for the Cup and remember, there is NO NEED WHATSOEVER to prepare for Detroit. Your victory is a done deal!!!! :yowza:

Does anyone have any paper towel so I can wipe all the dripping sarcasm of my computer? :lol: