• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ducks2007

Go Ducks

Rate this topic

Are you SURE you're not a Wings fan? You'll fit right in here at LGW with that attitude.

I like the wings, but I like the ducks even more, hometown team.

Edited by Ducks2007

it wont be as easy as u make it sound.....its going to be a tough series no doubt about it and it can go either way...

You're right,it can go either way.

IMO,the Wings have already beaten teams with better goaltending & better #1-line than the Ducks have.

I admit that Anaheim have more depth than SJ & CGY and of course their D with Pronger & Niedermayer is better.

It sure won't be easy.

But it's doable.

GO WINGS! :siren:

The X Factor:

Pronger is a sack hound.

You wanna talk about x factor.

I'll give you X-factor...Chris Osgood.

Not only is he the best stat-taker in the league, not only can he take a hit upside the head by an octopus...if someone tries to goon up Hasek, we will send him in and he will FLIP Pronger.

Oh yes...220 lbs is NOTHING to Chris Osgood. He could flip Pronger and Getzlaf simultaneously, in fact. So watch out!

I get really weird after we win a series :P

You wanna talk about x factor.

I'll give you X-factor...Chris Osgood.

Not only is he the best stat-taker in the league, not only can he take a hit upside the head by an octopus...if someone tries to goon up Hasek, we will send him in and he will FLIP Pronger.

Oh yes...220 lbs is NOTHING to Chris Osgood. He could flip Pronger and Getzlaf simultaneously, in fact. So watch out!

I get really weird after we win a series :P

kljskdjgksdg!!

WE WERE THERE WHEN HE FLIPPED MARCHANT LAST SEASON AS IF HE WAS A FEATHER. :lol: Ozzie will TOTALLY do it again if need be! NO ONE can mess with our professional stat taker. People think "Oh..that Oz is just a faceoff man..he just writes down the shifts and what not." but then he gets into a game and starts flipping people and all hell breaks loose. So underrated that Ozzie.

i agree man getzlaf is 6'3

HAHA I just spit out my water.

Guest Crymson

I was just trying to say that I did know about jiri Hudler, who plays center for the Wings, in regards to a previous post.

Then went on to state why the Wings defense will fall short in this series, because of the lack of depth.

The Wings had a lot of blueline depth in the 2002 Cup run, and before game 5 began vs. Carolina, Bowman was considering using Fedorov as a defenseman in replace for Jiri Fisher, who was suspended for that game 5.

All in all, the blueline will be a major weakness for the wings this series, IMO

This still makes zero sense to me. The Wings will lose because they had major depth on defense in 2002?

FUUUUCK PARROS WEIGHS 232 WERE DEAD

LOL, keep it up, you're killing me here :lol::lol:

Did you guys hear Coach Bombay's press conference after the Wings won tonight?

Sports Reporter: Coach, what do you think of your team's chances against the Red Wings?

Coach Bombay: Now here's the long and the short of it: I hate hockey and I don't like kids.

I know, you guys are jealous of our obviously focused coach.

Did you guys hear Coach Bombay's press conference after the Wings won tonight?

Sports Reporter: Coach, what do you think of your team's chances against the Red Wings?

Coach Bombay: Now here's the long and the short of it: I hate hockey and I don't like kids.

I know, you guys are jealous of our obviously focused coach.

I thought he was quoted as saying:

Pronger is a latent homosexual and Giguere likes to let it shots from his 5 hole.

a point that has to be brought up in this series is that the combined goaltenders height and weight in this series is

12'4 408lbs bryzgalov(6'3 208) giguere(6'1 200) while together hasek and osgood are only 11'11 336lbs

how are we going to overcome this fork in the road

The Ducks?

We're the Ducks?

Man, what brain-dead jerk

came up with that name?

As a matter of fact, I did. But I didn't

have a choice. We're being sponsored.

By who? Donald and Daisy?

Hey, you don't wanna be Ducks? You'd

rather be District Five? Some stupid number?

Better than some stupid animal.

I'll have you know, Peter,

that the Duck is one of the most noble,

agile and intelligent creatures

of the animal kingdom.

- But they're wimpy.

- They don't even have teeth.

Neither do hockey players.

Have you guys ever seen a flock

of ducks flying in perfect formation?

It's beautiful. Pretty awesome

the way they all stick together.

Ducks never say die.

Ever seen a duck fight?

No way. Why?

Because the other animals are afraid.

They know that

if they mess with one duck,

they gotta deal

with the whole flock.

Oh, man!

I'm proud to be a duck.

And I'd be proud to fly

with any one of you.

So how about it?

Who's a Duck?

I'll be a Duck.

Yeah. Me too.

Anybody see Goldberg?

All right!

Now we're the Ducks!

The Mighty Ducks!

- What are we?

- The Ducks!

I believe Emilio Estevez gave this amazing speech

Guest Tunbo Batman

Now ive always liked the WIngs, and my favorite player was Steve Yzerman. Even wear his number when playing hockey and have the Red WIngs team signed jersey from 2002, but my Ducks will win this series I believe.

The absence of Schneider will cost the Wings dearly. I just cant see the WIngs beating the Ducks in this series.

The Ducks are ready and well prepared, and are on mission. Ive seen every Wings games this postseason, and the Ducks speed is going to catch the Wings offguard. The Red Wings blueline is considerably slow, with the exception of Lebda and maybe Lidstrom. In my opinion, and you guys may not agree, but I think that the long passes the Ducks make in this series from blueline to blueline will really hurt the Wings. The defensive positioning of the Wings defensemen I think will cost the Wings the series. If the Wings fall down early like they did in the first 5 games in the San Jose series, mark my words, they will not pull out the wins like they did against San Jose in games 2 and 4.

The Wings defense has serious weaknesses. Pahlsson is the most underrated player in the NHL, IMO.

And watch out for this player I mention to you guys. His name is Ryan Getzlaf. He wil be the difference maker in this series.

I'll be at the games here in Orange County

Predicting Ducks in 6.

However, as odd as this may sound to some of you, I wouldnt be surprised if the Ducks end up sweeping this series.

Good luck

Absence of Schneider : heh. we'll have to live with it.

Ducks on a mission : yeah so far its been real hard huh, facing 2 pushover teams with only their goaltenders to (kinda) keep them in the game. This is your first real test.

Slow and old : we have been getting that a lot the past 12 years, while we were busy clearing 22 playoff rounds and winning 3 cups and 5 presidents trophies. Chelios is old. And clutch. Please try again.

Falling down early? maybe they won't.

Every team has his very own "most underrated player in the NHL". We've got Flips.

I wouldnt be surprised if the series went the distance. Much more probable than a sweep either way.

I think this is the real stanley cup finals. The red wings are firing on all cylinders, they can play any type of game. The Ducks probably have two of the top 5 defenseman in the league today and not too shabby offense. This series is for the right to the cup IMO.

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91

Guest YouGotBoothed
Slow and old : we have been getting that a lot the past 12 years, while we were busy clearing 22 playoff rounds and winning 3 cups and 5 presidents trophies. Chelios is old. And clutch. Please try again.

Well you got Slow and Old right, as you havent faced any real physical teams yet as the Ducks so far in this years playoffs. With knowing your blueline not having the physical aspect in it!............ you will deffinatley be seeing half your team slow due to the hard hitting and checking coming from us. I can see the headlines already, "Age caught up to Wings, due to young talent". If i see this headline on any news paper, or online article, i demand compensation reporters!.

Learn 2 Play :sly:

Well you got Slow and Old right, as you havent faced any real physical teams yet as the Ducks so far in this years playoffs. With knowing your blueline not having the physical aspect in it!............ you will deffinatley be seeing half your team slow due to the hard hitting and checking coming from us. I can see the headlines already, "Age caught up to Wings, due to young talent". If i see this headline on any news paper, or online article, i demand compensation reporters!.

Are you for real?

Were you a Sharks fan last week? I coulda sworn I read the same post.

Good luck though.