• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest riem007

Series predictions in the Media

Rate this topic

Guest riem007

Yeah, no surprise Mr. Melrose picks against the Wings again. Yeah and nice suit too. Loser.

Barry picked the Ducks, but at least we made a believer out of Burnside who picked the Wings. These guys are pretty good, after all, its not like all 6 out of 6 experts incorrectly picked us to lose to San Jose. Oh wait that did happen....

Haha I'm actually enjoying this whole "underdog" thing. No one picked Detroit, except for us fans, and Detroit took it in 6 but showed some amazing heart along the way, which has impressed me the most as a fan. I think if they keep playing with this passion and Dom can shut the door like he did tonight, there's no one who could stop the Wings.

This is going to be a great series though I can feel it. TIme for some revenge for 03 haha

haha, I just e-mailed ESPN begging them to fire Melrose as their Hockey Analyst.

In fact, I told them I would PAY THEM his salary if they fire him.

haha, I know it wont get to anyone who is anyone and will just be thrown out, but I find it funny...

I'm sure its much funnier since I have a little buzz.

Either way, I hate Melrose, I have NEVER heard the man pick the Wings to win one single round of a playoff series.

I just wish someone who was in the media would call him out on it.

But instead he makes an easy 6 figures working as ESPN's analyst.

WHAT A FRUIT!

BRING IT HOME WINGS! :siren:

This from a guy who has the audacity to wear a LAVENDER suit on tv. Who the hell is this guy, an escapee from "***** Eye for the Straight Guy"? He dresses like a F**king PIMP!

I take that back, even a pimp has better sense than to wear a lavender suit like that.

I say if we win, not only does Melrose shave the mullet but he has to burn that suit on national TV.

I hate the mullet, grow up Barry... you look hideous, you are 0 for forever this year in predictions... wings wont win the cup, west, central, or even the top 4 seeds. OK, time for you to go away. guess what? we are good. we are the #1 seed for a reason. get off your high hair and face reality

Edited by rwfan007

Guest Tunbo Batman

just did a bit of research....

the wings are 134-0 in series where Melrose has picked the other team.

and they are 0-0 in series where melrose has picked them.

okay, so i made that up....but you get the point :P

leave him. he already has it tough to handle Wings 2 series wins. let him continue with displaying the grudge... who cares.

truth being said, why shouldn't he pick Quackies? they are a better team than Wings on paper. rested, hungry and injury-less above that. they have every right to win this series

just did a bit of research....

the wings are 134-0 in series where Melrose has picked the other team.

and they are 0-0 in series where melrose has picked them.

okay, so i made that up....but you get the point :P

Nope...nonono...no way. I just double checked and cross referenced and collated all your numbers and guess what? They are spot on. Well done. There's gonna be a big promotion in this for you.

You have officially exposed Melrose-Gate.

(If the JLA hired him to sell popcorn he would change his tune in a Detroit minute - his act is indeed getting OLD.)

just opened ESPN website and a box "2007 playoffs leaders" has McLennan at the top of the goalies list with GAA 0.00.

yeah... now that is a playoff leader... :D

EDIT: no, this post is not meant to be overly inteligent nor add substance to the discussion :)

Doesn't really matter to me one iota if sports analysts pick the Ducks to win, no need to get all up in arms upset about it. That's one of their jobs is to make predictions. And that's why games are played on the ice/playing court/field, not on a sports analyst's piece of paper or message board of a sports forum.

*Gasp*

ZOIKES! Melrose didn't pick the Wings! What a moosefart dumb blockhead of a sports analyst!

/sarcasm

Who cares? It's called a prediction from a sports analyst who gets paid to do what he does. It means nothing. How about we don't get riled up over something so miniscule?

Heaven forbid the Wings aren't picked by everybody and that the Ducks are going to be a formidable opponent.

(And yes I am aware that Melrose rarely goes with the Wings on predictions)

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I find it hilarious that it's so blatanly obvious that he hates the Wings SO much.

Today on Sportcenter him and Bucci were talking about the game and they showed the clip of Lidstrom with that AMAZING save. What does Barry say. 'Yeah, the puck wasn't going in..but still a good play by Nicky." And then on the Wings beating the Sharks: "San Jose just had no character this series, that is why the Wings beat them and bla bla bla. The Ducks are a different story and that's why I'm picking them to win it."

The only time I remember Barry picking the Wings was back in 1997 when the Wings were up 3-0 in the series against Philadelphia. Barry put on this red and white "Cat in the Hat" tall hat on and was predicting a sweep. Mind you this guy picked Philadelphia at the beginning all because of the Legion of Doom line.

I just remember how dumb he looked in that hat.

Oh well.....

Yeah, no surprise Mr. Melrose picks against the Wings again. Yeah and nice suit too. Loser.

He can't call hockey, much less coach it (hence Detroit turned him down a coaching position several years age, which is why he hates the wings).