• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Kcjacoby

FSN Not covering any more games?!?!

Rate this topic

All Wings games are on TSN. FSN and Versus usually exchange rights on different nights, well at least they might, alright?

What the crap is this about?!?! The newspaper said its being split between Versus, CBC, and NBC... what in the heck are they doing?!?

Yeah, I think it's a terrible idea by the league really by not letting FSN Detroit cover the games.

They should at least have the games on FSN Detroit, because when it's only on Versus (more probably get FSND in MI) and TSN (nobody gets in MI) one day - not as many people will be able to see it in Michigan. The NHL should have prevented this situation for the local area at least.

Edited by aflac9262

The lack of outrageous commentary from Mickey is going to be very :(

Haha I know I'm going to miss Mick and his "do these fans know what a penalty is here?" and all the other great comments he makes. Also him laughing when someone falls. :(

Guest Tunbo Batman

Just wait until you here the crap that spew's from the Canadian guys.

yup. especially with the ducks having a canadian goalie, prepare to be insulted repeatedly.

This is some serious bs

It was bad enough that I couldn't watch some of the games in the 2nd round, now I'm not going to be able to watch games in the conference finals...

Time to send out some more nasty e-mails...

This is some serious bs

It was bad enough that I couldn't watch some of the games in the 2nd round, now I'm not going to be able to watch games in the conference finals...

Time to send out some more nasty e-mails...

It has always been like this...

For real..For the last many, many years games were only on ESPN and ABC/FOX/NBC. You've had two years to get a cable/satellite package that gets VS. If you don't, you don't get the games. Or you find friends or bars that do.

i'm wondering if there are a lot more newer Wings fans on this site than I previously thought. It has been like this for years... First it was PASS and now all the way to FSN det... they've never shown any games after the 2nd round. This should not be a shock to us. National coverage always takes over for the conf. finals and stanley cup finals. Just like one station or another has complete coverage of an NCAA tournament or the super bowl... it's what happens.

i'm wondering if there are a lot more newer Wings fans on this site than I previously thought. It has been like this for years... First it was PASS and now all the way to FSN det... they've never shown any games after the 2nd round. This should not be a shock to us. National coverage always takes over for the conf. finals and stanley cup finals. Just like one station or another has complete coverage of an NCAA tournament or the super bowl... it's what happens.

True that, although it was always channel 50 or UPN or whatever that had the games back in the day, then I know I had to watch the rest on CBC. Sucked so much because Bob and Harry are so biased against the Wings since they have all these European players. At least Versus isn't THAT bad.

Just wait until you here the crap that spew's from the Canadian guys.

yeah, wait till you hear what we have to listen to in windsor, god its annoying.

canadian hockey tv has gone from the best, to the absolute worst ever in the last 5 years

True that, although it was always channel 50 or UPN or whatever that had the games back in the day, then I know I had to watch the rest on CBC. Sucked so much because Bob and Harry are so biased against the Wings since they have all these European players. At least Versus isn't THAT bad.

ah yes, good ole channel 50. I grew up near Toledo so channel 50 was very snowy / staticy many a night. I believe UPN came just after PASS. If you remember, the brawl was televised on PASS. I hated that Goldberg announcer guy that they picked up after Strader left. Thank God for Ken.

It's disappointing. I love Ken and Mickey. They are one of the best duos in the league.

Since I do have to watch Versus now, at least give me Dave Strader and John Vanbiesbrouck. I like those two, and Strader used to be a broadcaster with the Wings. I hope they don't put Andy Brickley on though. That guy has one of the most annoying voices I've ever heard. Since the Bruins never make the playoffs anymore, we're basically stuck with him through every round too.

I can't watch CBC anymore when it comes to the Wings. It's just a disappointment the way they talk about the Wings. It's the same old stupid cliches that have been talked about the Wings for over 10 years now, and their at it all the time. Grapes especially. Bob and Harry are allright, since they don't diss the Wings too badly, but the other guys on CBC all blow. I hate them.

For real..For the last many, many years games were only on ESPN and ABC/FOX/NBC. You've had two years to get a cable/satellite package that gets VS. If you don't, you don't get the games. Or you find friends or bars that do.

A lot more people get ESPN than VS.

ESPN comes with any cable you get. Where VS. is pretty selective.

I know I'm forced to either go to BWWs, or my friend's for the games. So, if I have to work & the game's on VS. I'm screwed because I can't tape it.

Horrible marketing, but I suppose a VS tv deal is better than no TV deal. :-/

It has always been like this...

No it hasn't always been like this.

In the past, these games would be available on CBC if nothing else.

Plus, before moving to VS (& OLN before the name change) the games would have been on ESPN, which is available on pretty much any standard cable package.

VS is only included in premium or digital cable packages except for Comcast (because they own the station).