• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Would Steve Yzerman take a job with another team?

Rate this topic

It was Mother's Day today and I was at my Grandma's house sitting with a few relatives watching the World Championships. Canada won and my uncle made a good point about how there is a slight possiblity of him getting offered a job with another NHL team as GM.

My uncle said that even the Coyotes could call him up to be their new GM, who knows? I was like hell no, he won't leave Detroit, but he then said that well I'm sure if he was offered a GM position, he'd take it over the current position he has with the Wings. Which had me thinking, could it be possible? Could it be possible for Steve to leave Detroit and ultimately manage another team? I just can't fathom under this circumstance, but I do consider it a possibility.

I don't think he'd do it. The Wings organization has been great to him. While a GM position is better than VP, you better believe that Stevie will be in line for the Wings GM spot after Holland either retires or moves to a different spot. He won't leave.

I don't think he'd do it. The Wings organization has been great to him. While a GM position is better than VP, you better believe that Stevie will be in line for the Wings GM spot after Holland either retires or moves to a different spot. He won't leave.

Yeah, but another thing, I don't think Holland will be going anywhere for a long time.

I was thinking the same thing today, I thought that him already being in the Red Wings office, he would probably try to get in with Detroit, but on the other hand he might want to go to another organization just because he is always been with the Red Wings, Oh well, I'll never forget what he did for this team and I'll support him whatever he chooses.

That is a possibility but highly unlikely to happen because that is just not stevy's way of handling things.

even though he was successful in world tournament, he still has many more to learn about how the teams should be run.

I'm not even so sure he's next in line after Holland anyway. Assistant GM Jim Nill has to turn down offers to be other teams' GM because he's supposedly the "GM in waiting."

Steve Yzerman did a great job with the Worlds roster, but he'll be the first to tell you he's got a long way to go before he'd be given control of an NHL club full-time.

He'll get there, but I don't think it'll be in Phoenix, where they have a menargerie of underqualified people running the Coyotes (including Gretzky).

I'd like to think he would stay in Detroit, but other jobs would be tempting...

John Muckler is getting on in years, and he is from the Ottawa area - a job like that could really tempt him, and you couldn't blame him for wanting to go to a place like that. Just a thought though.

I bet he waits till his kids grow up before he makes a big change of scenery.

I doubt it...besides the fact that he's still probably looking to learn more about the business side so he doesn't become Garth Snow part II, I don't think he minds not having as much responsibility right now. I think he's ok with it. I don't think he'd just up and move his family after all these years either at this point. I could maybe see it happening down the road, but it'd be a quite a long ways down the road if ever...

Guest bullocks

Yes, i think he would be the GM of another team if it was the right situation for him. Holland is going to be around for a while, then maybe Nill. I'd be behind Stevie 100% whichever decision he'd make.

Hes been in Detroit too long to leave now. Not just because hes the face of the Red Wings, but because hes established his entire adult life as a Michigander. Seriously, think about it. Money isn't a priority with him, he just wants to be around the game, and he has everything he needs in Detroit-one of the most hockey-oriented cities in the nhl.

No, he's staying.\

ps- nobody even said he was going to be an nhl GM. Lets take this one step at a time

You people talk about him having alot to learn, but the thing is, I'm sure he's more knowledgable than Garth Snow.
But you have to keep in mind there are franchises that are more knowledgable than the New York Islanders. :lol: